Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Noelle - **Spoilers**

Re: Noelle - **Spoilers**

For point of reference, Noelle is 5 ft 8 inches so we can estimate other girls height in comparison. (According to imbd)

The Longmont Times-Call

Local paper story about Noelle:

Loveland woman looks for love on ‘Bachelor’

By Sarah Bultema
    Loveland Reporter-Herald

Noelle Drake didn’t move to Los Angeles to find love. Instead, the Loveland High School graduate was pursuing a career in acting.

But starting Monday, the whole country will watch when one of the Sweetheart City’s own competes against 24 other women to win the heart of one lucky man on the season premiere of ABC’s “The Bachelor.”

“She would love to find love,” said Noelle’s mother, Loveland’s Teresa Drake. “We’re excited for her.”

While the reality show — now in its 12th season — has already been filmed, Noelle and her family cannot discuss any information about her experience.

But what is known is that viewers can watch as the 26-year-old and the other contestants vie for the heart of London’s Matt Grant, a 27-year-old business development manager who is searching for the love of his life, stated ABC.com.

Each week, the bachelor will get to know the ladies through romantic and adventurous dates. At the end of each show, he will narrow them down during a “rose ceremony,” asking his favorites to accept a rose. Those without the invitation are eliminated, until in the final episode he chooses just one as his one and only.

Noelle cannot do any interviews until after she has been eliminated.

Teresa said Noelle auditioned for the show on a whim while work was slow during the writers’ strike.

She wasn’t expecting a callback, Teresa said. But once she was accepted, Noelle was swept into filming within a week.

“I think most people go into it thinking ‘Am I really going to find love?’” Teresa said. “But she was open to it.”

And single Noelle was looking for something new, Teresa said.

“The LA dating scene is kind of strange,” she explained.

“All of the dates are so unromantic. ... She just thought ‘Yeah, I’m ready for a little romance.’”

Teresa and her husband, Larry Drake, are excited to see their daughter on TV, even though it won’t be the first time they’ve watched her on the screen. Noelle also has had roles on Fox’s “House” and in the movie “Red Eye.”

However, this is unlike anything Noelle’s done before, and her parents admit they’re a little apprehensive.

“There’s some girls that get pretty wild,” said Teresa, who got her first peek at the show during a commercial preview. “But I know it’s not Noelle because I know Noelle.”

Larry said he’s “enthused” to watch the show, although he’s never seen it before.

And while some dads might have a hard time watching their daughters date, Larry said it won’t be that bad.

“She’s a big girl. I trust her,” he said. “I think it’s an exciting adventure for her.”

“The Bachelor: London Calling” premieres with a 90-minute special at 8:30 p.m. Monday on ABC.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Noelle's father is Larry Drake -- same name as Benny from "LA Law".

Just in case there was a(nother) Hollywood connection this season, I looked up Larry Drake on imdb, in case it could be Noelle's father. The age works, but LA Law's Larry Drake is married to Ruth de Sosa, not Teresa.

I just checked Noelle's myspace and apparently she logged on just yesterday; is that suppose to be good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by pbandj;2847294;
    I just checked Noelle's myspace and apparently she logged on just yesterday; is that suppose to be good or bad?
    Since filming is done, I believe they are allowed to get on myspace now.
    So, it is not a bad thing if she was on yesturday.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Welcome to the FORT, pbandj .
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

and welcome to FORT pbandj Glad you are here and glad you are jumping right into the frey

It's fun Join the
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Thanks for the welcome. I just finished wathing the long awaited episode and was a little surprised about Noelle. She is drop dead gorgeous and when she first met Matt I thought wow she seems to be outgoing but on the one on one she was like.......reserved. I like her a lot though. Just dropping my 2cents.

I liked her -- and I thought her dress was exquisite! We've got her in the F4, right? That wouldn't bother me a bit.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I loved this gal, what a sweetheart and her dress, wow!