Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denise **Spoilers**

Denise **Spoilers**

Birthplace: Suisun Valley, CA

Hometown: Suisun Valley, CA

Currently resides in: Washington, D.C.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Re: ~Denise~~~~Spoilers~~~~~~~

One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Re: ~Denise~~~~Spoilers~~~~~~~

Pretty gal, but I wonder how well the "former Bush aide" thing will go over with Matt; he might be scared to bring her home!

FORT Regular

Re: Denise **Spoilers**

Denise is a former Bush aide and an associate (lawyer) at a big law firm called K&L Gates. She's not on the firm's website yet 'cos she's yet to pass the bar. I came across some info on her on a website called Above the law (where us lawyers go to gossip). She the thread on her :

Abovethelaw.com

That was posted yesterday on two other threads.

Hmmm... She's originally from somewhere very close to me. I wonder where she went to law school? Does that law info site tell you?

Apparently she studied for and took the bar exam while The Bachelor was filming (except for that first night, of course). A friend who also follows TB forwarded this snippet from The Washington Post gossip page (who knew the Post had a gossip page?):

Ah, the old "studying for the bar" excuse! That's what Denise Gitsham told her fellow associates at D.C. mega-firm K&L Gates when she vanished for most of January and February. In fact, she was one of the 25 women running the roses-and-hot-tubs gantlet on the new "The Bachelor," premiering on ABC tonight.

D.C. natives-turned-California-gals made the finals the past two seasons of the reality romance show, but Gitsham, 30, is a genuine Washington type -- a Bowdoin grad and marathon runner who came here via the Bush 2000 campaign, landing jobs in the White House correspondence office and the Justice Department before enrolling at Georgetown Law. ABC wouldn't let Gitsham talk, but a friend says she's "very good about keeping her private life private." ( But will she make out on camera?)

Also good about: multitasking. Seems Gitsham actually managed to study for the bar during filming -- and took the exam last month.

Now we know what she did with her time off -- she really did study for the bar exam.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2847624;
    Apparently she studied for and took the bar exam while The Bachelor was filming (except for that first night, of course). A friend who also follows TB forwarded this snippet from The Washington Post gossip page (who knew the Post had a gossip page?):Ah, the old "studying for the bar" excuse! That's what Denise Gitsham told her fellow associates at D.C. mega-firm K&L Gates when she vanished for most of January and February. In fact, she was one of the 25 women running the roses-and-hot-tubs gantlet on the new "The Bachelor," premiering on ABC tonight.

D.C. natives-turned-California-gals made the finals the past two seasons of the reality romance show, but Gitsham, 30, is a genuine Washington type -- a Bowdoin grad and marathon runner who came here via the Bush 2000 campaign, landing jobs in the White House correspondence office and the Justice Department before enrolling at Georgetown Law. ABC wouldn't let Gitsham talk, but a friend says she's "very good about keeping her private life private." ( But will she make out on camera?)

Also good about: multitasking. Seems Gitsham actually managed to study for the bar during filming -- and took the exam last month.

Now we know what she did with her time off -- she really did study for the bar exam.

AFter reading the information contained in the legal link--thanks for the post --my first thought was that she was very probably allowed to study for the bar exams given her situation. This was especially in view of her senior partner's support. imo, It was a very smart move to accommodate this and actually not such a dumb thing for her to appear on the show. I wonder if she could be going into entertainment law? It always sounds like there is TONS of down time where she could just go off and study and yet still have a very interesting experience. imo, she is a really good catch for the producers being smart, beautiful and accomplished. I look forward to seeing her on the show.

I do wonder if this reported accommodation would elicit other bachelorettes to complain about their inability to bring in their own materials. We've always heard that they are not allowed any outside stimulus such as books, etc. However, last season made it abundantly clear that the producers were willing to do what it took to keep the most desirable woman around. I'd assume that for Denise not being able to take her study materials with her would be a DEFINITE deal breaker.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

if she took the exam in February (last month) then she definitely didn't make it far on the Bach... I think she went home first night and then studied so she could pass... smart girl.

Yeah, I think she had a plan -- party or study -- and just rolled with it. At least she got good use from the time away from the office. But she definitely doesn't make the first cut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast