Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin - **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Robin - **Spoilers**

I did'nt like that part either with her trying to talk her out of it..

COREL -
    That, and it's unspeakably gratifying to see one of the mean girls from high school nationally portrayed as such.

This made me chuckle - I feel exactly the same LOL - my kid was the one dumped on - and now when I/we hear about the junk that the 'in' kids are involved in - and consider where/what my kid is now doing (really kewl stuff I might add) - It IS very gratifying to know that the 'in' kids really don't make it alot of the time

Sorry - don't mean to gloat as a parent - or be offensive in any way - but many a time the 'in' crowd are just way over the top.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2885031;
    I actually disagree. He asked for U2 first and she replied that she is CLASSICAL pianist, so he picked a famous piece, Vivaldi Four Seasons - Spring, which she knew. Impressive that she knew it, but it is pretty well known. She's not my favorite on the show, I especially didn't like it when it seemed like she was trying to talk Noelle into declining a rose.:nono
    My husband insists on talking as I watch a reality show. He must have piped up during this scene. I missed the U2 request. Thanks. I agee but I am not impressed. That is such a popular piece.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2885394;
    My husband insists on talking as I watch a reality show. He must have piped up during this scene. I missed the U2 request. Thanks. I agee but I am not impressed. That is such a popular piece.

I would have been 1 million times more impressed if she actually busted out some U2, maybe a little With or Without You. My boyfriend has actually taken to leaving the house most Monday nights. Coincidence? I think not.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2885394;
    I love Vivaldi and there was more than one bum note that I heard.
    Last edited by macbajan; 04-01-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Typo

My boyfriend has actually taken to leaving the house most Monday nights. Coincidence? I think not.
    Best post of the day! Poor casualfan's boyfriend. Tell him to stick around because Matt is hilarious! And there are lots of bikini dates.

Quote Originally Posted by zipster;2884938;
    Don't like this woman at all.
    ditto - from night 1

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2885485;
    Best post of the day! Poor casualfan's boyfriend. Tell him to stick around because Matt is hilarious! And there are lots of bikini dates.

Thanks pajamasam I'm trying to lure him to the dark side! Don't feel too sorry for him though, it gives him an excuse to go out and get an In 'N Out Burger and get "man time". I don't even want to know what they do.

I get to watch Robin and all the rest fight for the heart of one superhuman man. Although I thought it was pretty funny when drunk Kelly proclaimed that she should be #1 and that if she was a "dude" she would never date Robin.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2885031;
    I actually disagree. He asked for U2 first and she replied that she is CLASSICAL pianist, so he picked a famous piece, Vivaldi Four Seasons - Spring, which she knew.
    Aside from Spring being dead common, I just have to say that even though she is a classical pianist (and a good one at that- whether or not I liked her has no bearing on her musical abilities), she ought to have been able to crank out a U2 song if she knew the tune. Flourished it up and all that. I knew a fair number of piano majors, and they loved just pulling out some commonly known song and making it sound like a grand concerto.

FORT Newbie

Robin can play a large number of peices from memory, this isn't suprising at all. However, I am also not suprised she didn't bust out in U2. She always had an elitist approach to music and didn't "mess around" with such things.