Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin - **Spoilers**

Re: Robin - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo;2884239;
    I wonder what Matt is thinking as he is watching this episode and the cat fight! He does seem to like Robin, just none of the other girls do. Interesting! I'm not a fan of her behavior. She's too pushy for me.
    I kinda think Robin is our drama queen & bitch of the house all in one and is probally being kept for awhile at the request of the producers. When we begin to see chemistry develop with more girls and a love story starts tp develop I think she will be on her way. I haven't kept up that closely with the sluething this time and I'm not sure when you have her leaving.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 04-01-2008 at 01:39 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JodyJody;2883052;
    I grew up with Robin. While I have not talked to her in a few years, I can tell you from years and years of personal experience that it isn't the editing. While she has it in her to be sweet, she is often mean, vendictive and down right bitchy. I played in orchestra with her and was in her section (first violin) and watched her belittle the students around her who couldn't play like her as they were not well off enought to have gotten private lessons since the third grade.

Don't feel too bad for Robin, she knows what she does and is extremely manipulative when she is trying to get something she wants. Which I imagine will be what gets her kicked off in the end.

She also likes to be in control. I remember watching her try to tell our orchestra conductor how to teach his class and conduct because she, as a high schooler, felt she was better and more experienced in music.
    I've been lurking on these boards since the show started, since I have to admit, I was dead curious to see what fans of the show would think of Robin. I, too, was in orchestra with her (both the high school orchestra and the youth orchestra), and I can speak to her utter manipulativeness and general cattiness.

She is very used to getting her own way. And it didn't help that the people around her would completely aid and abet her (for example, her violin teacher strongarming the HAYO conductor into making her co-principal, when, to be quite honest, she's never been as good as the real principal). I was never in her section, thank goodness, but as the principal of a different section in both orchestras, I had to work with her on more than one occasion. Up until I joined HAYO, I just thought she was a pretentious snot. Then, once she decided I was a musician worth talking to, she was all sweetness and light. My opinion of her shifted- now she was not just a pretentious snot, she was a manipulative pretentious snot. And I wasn't good enough for her outside of orchestra, since I wasn't one of the cool kids. We had tons of classes together, but heaven forbid she associate with an utter nerd like me, lest my uncoolness rub off on her.

Robin is nice to you, and will stick up for you, if she deems you worth her time. For two years, I was worth her time. It didn't really make up for the two years I wasn't, and didn't do much for my opinion of her.

I know it's tempting to think it's the editing that's doing her a disservice, but "nice girl" is not a phrase I would ever apply to her. Though I will say, her family is lovely, so any good things you've heard about the rest of them are probably true. Robin? Not so much.

Sorry for the verbose post, but I felt like Jody shouldn't be the lone voice on this one (and I probably know Jody? We were obviously in orch at the same time). That, and it's unspeakably gratifying to see one of the mean girls from high school nationally portrayed as such.

Quote Originally Posted by corellianscribe;2884700;
    I've been lurking on these boards since the show started, since I have to admit, I was dead curious to see what fans of the show would think of Robin. I, too, was in orchestra with her (both the high school orchestra and the youth orchestra), and I can speak to her utter manipulativeness and general cattiness.

She is very used to getting her own way. And it didn't help that the people around her would completely aid and abet her (for example, her violin teacher strongarming the HAYO conductor into making her co-principal, when, to be quite honest, she's never been as good as the real principal). I was never in her section, thank goodness, but as the principal of a different section in both orchestras, I had to work with her on more than one occasion. Up until I joined HAYO, I just thought she was a pretentious snot. Then, once she decided I was a musician worth talking to, she was all sweetness and light. My opinion of her shifted- now she was not just a pretentious snot, she was a manipulative pretentious snot. And I wasn't good enough for her outside of orchestra, since I wasn't one of the cool kids. We had tons of classes together, but heaven forbid she associate with an utter nerd like me, lest my uncoolness rub off on her.

Robin is nice to you, and will stick up for you, if she deems you worth her time. For two years, I was worth her time. It didn't really make up for the two years I wasn't, and didn't do much for my opinion of her.

I know it's tempting to think it's the editing that's doing her a disservice, but "nice girl" is not a phrase I would ever apply to her. Though I will say, her family is lovely, so any good things you've heard about the rest of them are probably true. Robin? Not so much.

Sorry for the verbose post, but I felt like Jody shouldn't be the lone voice on this one (and I probably know Jody? We were obviously in orch at the same time). That, and it's unspeakably gratifying to see one of the mean girls from high school nationally portrayed as such.
    Wow......interesting posts by you and JodyJody. I have a feeling Robin has posted on the boards, so perhaps she will defend herself.......it would be very disappointing, quite sad actually, to find that she truly IS as she seems on screen.

FORT Newbie

Heh. Well, if she does post here, she won't have a hard time figuring out who I am. And I don't know what to think about the idea that she'd seek out the fan base for the show she was on. o_O

Thanks for posting corellian! Very interesting insight indeed. I'm glad you both came out and said something, because I have always maintained that the edit can only be manipulated so far. Fleiss can try to edit and spin things all he wants, but I think sometimes he is given too much credit as far as showing something entirely different from the real person he is editing.

Does that make any sense at all?

Sometimes that is why I don't post much ... I'm not sure I'm making any sense.
    Last edited by Chacharo; 04-01-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Don't like this woman at all.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if she is alarmed at how she comes across. Her facial expressions are often a sneer. Something about the way she holds her mouth telegraphs her very self centered, and often nasty self. There is zero chemistry with Matt. She radiates producer choice to keep around for drama.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2884960;
    I wonder if she is alarmed at how she comes across. Her facial expressions are often a sneer. Something about the way she holds her mouth telegraphs her very self centered, and often nasty self. There is zero chemistry with Matt. She radiates producer choice to keep around for drama.
    She lost me the very first night in the serpentine way she asked Matt if he was going to keep her around. But I did admire her being able to play the classical piece he randomly rattled off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;2884982;
    She lost me the very first night in the serpentine way she asked Matt if he was going to keep her around. But I did admire her being able to play the classical piece he randomly rattled off.
    I don't think that was random. It was set up so she knew the piece requested.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2885013;
    I don't think that was random. It was set up so she knew the piece requested.
    I actually disagree. He asked for U2 first and she replied that she is CLASSICAL pianist, so he picked a famous piece, Vivaldi Four Seasons - Spring, which she knew. Impressive that she knew it, but it is pretty well known. She's not my favorite on the show, I especially didn't like it when it seemed like she was trying to talk Noelle into declining a rose.:nono