Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin - **Spoilers**

Re: Robin - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by suza19;2878583;
    I don't see Robin in a bad light at all, she is so talented and I think there is more to her than what we see. It must be quite a crazy experience for them being in the house. There was something about Robin in one of the previews that stood out to me. She was sitting with someone outside talking and crying (though I don't remember what she actually said) something along the lines, "It hurts her to know that she has hurt people." THAT says alot to me! We all make mistakes and if someone is remorseful my heart just goes out to them, sucker I know.
    Maybe she will get a better edit next week.
    I think she is quoted saying" Tell me how I can respect you". maybe she is talking to Marshana.

I also feel sorry for Robin... why is she portrayed as "the most hated girl in the house"? Like you said, the preview where we see her crying and saying that it hurts her to know she's hurt someone shows how sweet she must be in real life. And I was actually stunned when she started playing the spring part from The Four Seasons on the piano out of the blue... she's indeed very talented. Too bad she was one of Fleiss choices for the bad girls.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2880458;
    I also feel sorry for Robin... why is she portrayed as "the most hated girl in the house"? Like you said, the preview where we see her crying and saying that it hurts her to know she's hurt someone shows how sweet she must be in real life. And I was actually stunned when she started playing the spring part from The Four Seasons on the piano out of the blue... she's indeed very talented. Too bad she was one of Fleiss choices for the bad girls.
    I agree estella--her saying it hurts her to know she's hurts someone speaks volumes about her as a person--she is probably very sweet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2880948;
    I agree estella--her saying it hurts her to know she's hurts someone speaks volumes about her as a person--she is probably very sweet.
    Agreed. I really try to keep an open mind when watching this show. You never know which way the edit is going to go and it doesn't necessarily show the real person...usually not, actually. Everything seems to always be blown out of proportion. I'm betting Robin is a nice person outside of this house, but she's being Fleissed. There's always a couple of people every season that get this "negative" bad girl edit. I wonder if she's watching the show and what she thinks about it. Hopefully she can laugh it off.

I see Robin as well rounded, but a bit aggressive in a way. Not a bad way to be, but an easy "bad girl" edit.

Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;2881423;
    I see Robin as well rounded, but a bit aggressive in a way. Not a bad way to be, but an easy "bad girl" edit.
    Agreed. Some of the girls you'd want as friends in real life are the ones who get the bad girl edits because they're interesting and/or have strong personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2880458;
    I don't think she was chosen randomly out of a hat for the role of the "bad girl", if indeed that's what she's got coming. She must have given Fleiss enough material that compared to the others landed her the not-so-coveted role. Things cannot be made up completely out of thin air, no matter how much editing is applied.

None of the previous "bad girl" players were wholly innocent either. Moana went at the whole self-righteous lot of them and gave them a piece of her mind at least once per episode and she never apologized for it. DeAnna gossiped and generally acted bitchy and cliqueish with Jade and others, going as far as spying from the bushes while Jade was talking to the Bachelor. There are more examples, but these are fresh in my mind. Both of them handed these situations and behaviours to Fleiss on a platter.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2882524;
    Things cannot be made up completely out of thin air, no matter how much editing is applied.
    Exactly. Editing plays a big role in these contestants, I believe...but not 100% of their personalities. They are responsible for a certain amount of their behavior.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 03-31-2008 at 10:15 AM.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Newbie

I grew up with Robin. While I have not talked to her in a few years, I can tell you from years and years of personal experience that it isn't the editing. While she has it in her to be sweet, she is often mean, vendictive and down right bitchy. I played in orchestra with her and was in her section (first violin) and watched her belittle the students around her who couldn't play like her as they were not well off enought to have gotten private lessons since the third grade.

Don't feel too bad for Robin, she knows what she does and is extremely manipulative when she is trying to get something she wants. Which I imagine will be what gets her kicked off in the end.

She also likes to be in control. I remember watching her try to tell our orchestra conductor how to teach his class and conduct because she, as a high schooler, felt she was better and more experienced in music.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyJody;2883052;
    I grew up with Robin. While I have not talked to her in a few years, I can tell you from years and years of personal experience that it isn't the editing. While she has it in her to be sweet, she is often mean, vendictive and down right bitchy. I played in orchestra with her and was in her section (first violin) and watched her belittle the students around her who couldn't play like her as they were not well off enought to have gotten private lessons since the third grade.

Don't feel too bad for Robin, she knows what she does and is extremely manipulative when she is trying to get something she wants. Which I imagine will be what gets her kicked off in the end.
    to the board! Interesting first post.