Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Robin - **Spoilers**

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Robin - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2930417;
    Of all the things that she could have said, it was cold because she said, "Good evening," when she walked by?
    it was cold because she was shooting daggars at him as she said and walked by... i swear i think one of them flew threw my television screen and almost hit my cat!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2930422;
    it was cold because she was shooting daggars at him as she said and walked by... i swear i think one of them flew threw my television screen and almost hit my cat!
    I was being facetious, but we don't have an emoticon for that one. I don't think she felt too responsible for kissing the fanny of someone that she thought led her on. (Whether he did or not is neither here nor there; I think she believed he did.)

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2924047;
    After the cryptic posts, I had to look up bon soir on Urban Dictionary.

While the 1st definition is "good night", the 2nd definition is an elegant way to say go have $ex with yourself at a later date.
    OMG! That is too darn funny!

Quote Originally Posted by corellianscribe;2923318;
    A note on au revoir- it actually means "until we meet again," which is not a sentiment I'd imagine Robin would be expressing. A simple "good night" is much more effective. You can knock her for many things; her French is not one of them.

That said... man, that was cold. Kind of amazing, in its own way. Not precisely in a good way, but we were all certainly entertained.
    Thank you for clarifying that - I have forgotten much of my 3 years of HS French, but I remember enough to say that 'bon soir' is a very acceptable farewell greeting.

Robin seemed to be competing more than anything, which I think is a downside of this setting but at least she was honest about it. I do think Matt led her on, but I suspect he was encouraged to do so and that TPTB hoped for a more dramatic blow-up than they got. Under the circumstances, I thought she actually handled being let go better than she handled some of the other situations in the house. As with all of them, though, we see what we're shown in the edit - yes, she has some of those characteristics, but I'm sure they were blown way out of proportion. Based on her exit interview, it sounds as though she's keeping it in perspective as a life experience and trying to take stock and grow through the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2933305;
    Thank you for clarifying that - I have forgotten much of my 3 years of HS French, but I remember enough to say that 'bon soir' is a very acceptable farewell greeting.

Robin seemed to be competing more than anything, which I think is a downside of this setting but at least she was honest about it. I do think Matt led her on, but I suspect he was encouraged to do so and that TPTB hoped for a more dramatic blow-up than they got. Under the circumstances, I thought she actually handled being let go better than she handled some of the other situations in the house. As with all of them, though, we see what we're shown in the edit - yes, she has some of those characteristics, but I'm sure they were blown way out of proportion. Based on her exit interview, it sounds as though she's keeping it in perspective as a life experience and trying to take stock and grow through the situation.

I think it is also fair to say that the producers most likely led her on too. I am sure that they led her to believe that Matt was much more into her than he actually was...
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2933439;
    I think it is also fair to say that the producers most likely led her on too. I am sure that they led her to believe that Matt was much more into her than he actually was...
    Sadly, I think you're right. That seems unnecessarily cruel, and as it turned out, they probably didn't get the scene they'd hoped for anyway. She wasn't my favorite, but I think they portrayed her as negatively as they possibly could.

many people say that robin and hillary from last season look the same in their behavior, i would disagree, i prefer hillary than robin, hillary was so funny last season and she has made alot of girlfriends during the show,but robin was completly over the top like she said it herself, iam not here to make friend, i will compete with them and so on

so there is a huge difference between robin and hillary
    "When you judge others without knowing them,know that you are just judging yourself""