Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Robin - **Spoilers**

Re: Robin - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2919350;

I have a feeling I have exchanged PMs with Robin and she has been nothing but a sweetheart - I believe she fell victim to the Fleiss edit...
    "All is not as it seems?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugged;2920003;
    I think Robin is definitely a smart girl .
    I don't know about "smart." Wimble-Ton. Please. And I'm not too familiar with French, but doesn't 'bon soir" kind of mean "hello," not "goodbye," really?

And then there's pretension. Can you play any U2? "I'm a classically trained musician." ... I'm a classically trained musician, too, but I'd never say something so stupidly snotty. And guess what, Robin. Lots of popular musicians are classically trained, also.

To me, she seems like a modestly-but-not-highly-intelligent, but nevertheless highly-highly-impressed-with-herself kid, who may grow up and learn better as time passes and she gets out in the world more, outside of Holland, Michigan, where maybe she could be the queen bee.

And, yeah, I can see why they're always all mad when they get rejected, but isn't this show about leading on *all* the contestants except (maybe) the final one? How many rejectees have *not* been led on in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2919350;
    I think that Matt did a pretty good job of giving Robin false hope tonight...on the slopes he told her he didn't give her 1-1 time b/c he knew right from the start there was a connection there and he thought she would know that was the reason why -
    I think it was her who "kissed" him and he did to be polite

so as she stood there at the RC confident he was going to pick her - she was just ticked...and I am not sure I blame her...
    I have a feeling I have exchanged PMs with Robin and she has been nothing but a sweetheart - I believe she fell victim to the Fleiss edit...
    But she knew she was on camera. I think it is just obvious that it is part of her true personality coming through. When she is getting what she wants...she is all smiles....any other time...you see those pouts...frowns...tears...you see what she feels on her face....
    Sure, she was disappointed, but it wasn't the best way to treat him. . . I am sure in watching it now she probably regrets it.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2920340;
    I don't know about "smart." Wimble-Ton. Please. And I'm not too familiar with French, but doesn't 'bon soir" kind of mean "hello," not "goodbye," really?

And then there's pretension. Can you play any U2? "I'm a classically trained musician." ... I'm a classically trained musician, too, but I'd never say something so stupidly snotty. And guess what, Robin. Lots of popular musicians are classically trained, also.

To me, she seems like a modestly-but-not-highly-intelligent, but nevertheless highly-highly-impressed-with-herself kid, who may grow up and learn better as time passes and she gets out in the world more, outside of Holland, Michigan, where maybe she could be the queen bee.

And, yeah, I can see why they're always all mad when they get rejected, but isn't this show about leading on *all* the contestants except (maybe) the final one? How many rejectees have *not* been led on in some way?
    She was really snobbish, and no editing can make that up. And how come she disses my favorite band in the world?!

I still think she sounded like an educated girl though, despite the Wimbleton and bon soir slips. I was not fond of her since the get go, I got this negative vibe from her and alas, I guess Matt noticed something too.

Regarding him leading them on, he doesn't really have much of a choice, he has to conceal his feelings until the very end, I totally agree with you. He has to lead them on because he has to lead us on and not give away too much, the show has to run according to a determined format with a certain number of dates to fit into 40-something minute weekly episodes. Maybe he already has his F1 figured out, but he can't go to the others and give them any hint of a Dear John.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2920394;

But she knew she was on camera. I think it is just obvious that it is part of her true personality coming through. When she is getting what she wants...she is all smiles....any other time...you see those pouts...frowns...tears...you see what she feels on her face....
    Sure, she was disappointed, but it wasn't the best way to treat him. . . I am sure in watching it now she probably regrets it.
    I just watched the show again and she pulled him by the jacket when they were in the snow, and it was just a peck, he seemed to have pulled back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugged;2920397;
    She was really snobbish, and no editing can make that up. And how come she disses my favorite band in the world?!

I still think she sounded like an educated girl though, despite the Wimbleton and bon soir slips. I was not fond of her since the get go, I got this negative vibe from her and alas, I guess Matt noticed something too. .
    Yeah, back off, U2, girl. ... lol.

I agree that she's educated -- not nearly as educated as she thinks she is, however! To me, she comes off as kind of delusional about her own knowledge, abilities, and status, and I think Matt may have noticed that, too, eventually. Her delusional view of her own abilities seems to be part of what rubbed the other women the wrong way, too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2920394;

Didn't Robin make a statement earlier in the show that she always got what she wanted? Personally, I was delighted to see her go and wasn't at all surprised at how she acted.

Robin seems to me to come from a privledged background - club memberships, travel, private school. There is a sense of entitlement about her so she comes off as a snob. A little growing up will help cure her and probably this show helped in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2920480;
    To me, she comes off as kind of delusional about her own knowledge, abilities, and status, and I think Matt may have noticed that, too, eventually.
    Wimbleton, high tea, Bon soir.....

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2920394 View Post

You failed to show my whole quote

she did not get the distinction that she asked for the kiss
    I agree that she initiated the kiss...but Robin didn't get that distinction - thus leading to her confusion...

I STRONGLY believe Robin had every indication she was getting a hometown date - let's all think back to when we were dating someone who broke up with us out of the blue...was your behavior totally perfect? If so -then you are a better person than most!

Did Robin act like an angel? NO
    Was she subject to Fleiss' manipulation? Yes