Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Robin - **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Robin - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2919350;
    Robin is young and was probably a little more honest than the rest of us would have been in the situation...

I think that Matt did a pretty good job of giving Robin false hope tonight...on the slopes he told her he didn't give her 1-1 time b/c he knew right from the start there was a connection there and he thought she would know that was the reason why - and then he kissed her at the rose ceremony - at one point she took his head off his chest and he said "come back"...she did not get the distinction that she asked for the kiss - it did not appear that Matt did much to discourage her feelings...

so as she stood there at the RC confident he was going to pick her - she was just ticked...and I am not sure I blame her...I can see why all of them would have felt Matt would give them a rose - and Robin was just shocked and mad and didn't have anything else to say to him...I would think if I was her I might wonder why talking to him would do me any good since up to that point he had pretty much lied to me and what he said at that point would not matter anyway...

I have a feeling I have exchanged PMs with Robin and she has been nothing but a sweetheart - I believe she fell victim to the Fleiss edit...
    Yes I kinda felt bad for her knowing the rug was going to be ripped out from under her...

She thought everything he was telling her was sincere. It has to be hard for the Bachelor to string the girls along and who knows what TPTB were telling her in the process

FORT Fan

He looked quite relieved when she left - the interrupting was obviously getting to him too.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by onlyme;2919758;
    Yes I kinda felt bad for her knowing the rug was going to be ripped out from under her...

She thought everything he was telling her was sincere. It has to be hard for the Bachelor to string the girls along and who knows what TPTB were telling her in the process
    I think Robin did a lot to alienate herself from the other girls. BUT I did feel a little sorry for her tonight. Matt did nothing (that we saw) to give her a clue that she was going home. Yes, there was a difference between the ways he interacted with the F4 girls, but she was not seeing it. I think she felt blindsided and embarrassed... she'll bounce back to her old self again, I'm sure.

FORT Fogey

She had every reason to be angry, confused, stunned and hurt. It would have served her better to have handled her exit differently, however. She only confirmed Matts decision and allowed him to feel relieved and thrilled she was gone! She could have left him feeling badly about leading her on with some well chosen words. I get it that she did not have time to form any thoughts but her knee jerk reaction reflected her angry nature. Most leave with tears, some with a painful recognition of the game they just played and understand the nature of the beast of The Bachelor.

In a nutshell, I thought she was too much into the "game" for this show, too intent on winning for its own sake. I didn't see her as being all that into Matt for himself. If she felt led on, I'd agree that she was, but mostly because she set herself up for it.

Having said that, I think I'd like her a lot in another context.

I think Robin is definitely a smart girl and I'm sure she will be alright. Very competitive, for sure, which sometimes doesn't work out well in the arena of love. I just saw her "diary of the departed" clip on ABC.com and she said she was shell shocked, and showed some disdain for the remaining girls. That I didn't like much because I actually think that some of the nicest girls made to the F4. I think Matt chose well so far, he's headed in the right direction IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2919912;
    She had every reason to be angry, confused, stunned and hurt. It would have served her better to have handled her exit differently, however. She only confirmed Matts decision and allowed him to feel relieved and thrilled she was gone! She could have left him feeling badly about leading her on with some well chosen words. I get it that she did not have time to form any thoughts but her knee jerk reaction reflected her angry nature. Most leave with tears, some with a painful recognition of the game they just played and understand the nature of the beast of The Bachelor.
    Totally agree. The woman signed up for a reality show -- what did she expect? That Matt was going to telegraph his every decision and feeling? Not a chance -- and some of the other women knew that well. Look at the difference between Noelle and Robin: Noelle says, "gee, I think I have a connection with him, but so does everyone else -- so someone here is going to be very surprised when she doesn't get a rose". Robin thinks, "I have a connection with him; I know he likes me; therefore I'm DEFINITELY getting a rose, of course". Please.

FORT Fogey

I think that coming into last night's show, Matt really hadn't made up his mind between Robin and Noelle. That's why he needed the 1 on1 with Noelle to figure out what she was like... he did already know a lot about Robin from their SQT (Robin had a HUGE bunch of those).

Matt may have been quite genuine with Robin on the slopes when he said that he already knew he had a connection with her and not to be concerned (because Noelle's date was AFTER that time on the slopes.) Plus, Matt never got to see all the inside stuff "I WILL fight for what I want" bad edits et al that WE have seen over the weeks about Robin. He probably came into Idaho with Robin and Noelle at a comfortable tie for #4.... with Robin still possibly having the edge.

Marshana was having a discussion at the RC with Matt and brought up Chelsea AND Robin's names in the "not being nice to me" sob story. Marshana obviously couldn't stand Robin. (She was so overjoyed and exuberant about Noelle getting the 1on1 --- not because she loved Noelle so much but because Robin DIDN'T get it. )

It is quite possible that Matt didn't make up his mind between Noelle and Robin until during the pre RC discussions. Marshana's talk may have swayed him as well. We didn't get to hear the "whole sob story" after all.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;2920031;
    I think that coming into last night's show, Matt really hadn't made up his mind between Robin and Noelle. That's why he needed the 1 on1 with Noelle to figure out what she was like... he did already know a lot about Robin from their SQT (Robin had a HUGE bunch of those).

Matt may have been quite genuine with Robin on the slopes when he said that he already knew he had a connection with her and not to be concerned (because Noelle's date was AFTER that time on the slopes.) Plus, Matt never got to see all the inside stuff "I WILL fight for what I want" bad edits et al that WE have seen over the weeks about Robin. He probably came into Idaho with Robin and Noelle at a comfortable tie for #4.... with Robin still possibly having the edge.

Marshana was having a discussion at the RC with Matt and brought up Chelsea AND Robin's names in the "not being nice to me" sob story. Marshana obviously couldn't stand Robin. (She was so overjoyed and exuberant about Noelle getting the 1on1 --- not because she loved Noelle so much but because Robin DIDN'T get it. )

It is quite possible that Matt didn't make up his mind between Noelle and Robin until during the pre RC discussions. Marshana's talk may have swayed him as well. We didn't get to hear the "whole sob story" after all.
    I think you just managed to redeem Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;2920031;

I agree coolcruiser, and maybe Robin displayed some kind of turn off to him AFTER their little talk at the pre-rc.