Page 7 of 220 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne **Spoilers**

TEAM SHAYNE~Pres. SLCE DRAMA101's Avatar

Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cdeloncre;2851332;
    OMG this is so awesome! Shayne is so shady! looks like this isn't her first reality show. She is very fake and seems to be ditzy
    I believe that it was a SCRIPTED reality show as so many of them are. I think it best that in the future, you hold your negativity about any of these young ladies until you know that what you are posting is absolutely 100% correct. Anybody else with me on this??
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-19-2008 at 10:16 AM.
    I would love to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair

DRAMA, most of us are well aware that much of reality tv is scripted, despite the absence of WGA writers in the credits.
    It is perfectly acceptable to have a negative opinion of a contestant. It is also acceptable to paraphrase or quote the opinions of others. Mathematical proof is not at all necessary.

Our site rules are very clear on this topic.
    Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are open for criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.

You don't have to agree with another member's opinion, but you DO have to respect it, and realize that it IS just an opinion, which may differ greatly from your own.

Along the same lines, comments like "you must be deaf if you don't hear what I hear", "anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot", and so on are not acceptable. Additionally, we don't like the term "haters", because everyone is allowed to like or dislike anyone they choose, for whatever reason they choose. Practice the golden rule, and treat others like you would want to be treated.

Our contestant threads are NOT specifically for "only good comments" regarding that contestant. They are for discussion of that contestant, both good and bad. We are not a fan-site for any one contestant, or any one show.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-19-2008 at 09:44 AM.

I'm not sure about this one, she reminds me of a blonde Eva Longoria from her publicity shot.
    I am sure she will make it through quite a few rose ceremonies but I cannot imagine Matt dating her, not based on her looks anyway.
    Nathmac31, I thought he liked pretty blondes? I know, she isnt tall. WHat do you think of Amanda and Chelsea since they are supposed to go to the Final three with Shayne, based on the sleuthing.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAMA101;2852871;
    I believe that it was a SCRIPTED reality show as so many of them are.
    I'm not sure what the show was on MTV, but if it was like Laguna Beach or the Hills, those are truly scripted. Scripted, like okay we are going to shoot you two having dinner and talking about this. One of you will say this, and the other will say that.

Obviously everyone has their opinions on certain women on TB, but to me Shayne seemed really cute with a dry wit about her. I think it also says a lot that in the diaries of the departed posted on ABC, one of the eliminated girls singled her out for Matt. She also seemed more mature than her 22 years.

Out of all the girls I felt like Matt actually tried to impress her (and also Amanda). Of course he ended up talking about boyscouts?! That was pretty cute. But I could tell he was really trying to make a good impression on her.

Sounds like things get a little tricky for her next week in Vegas, but then again it could be all hype and a simple cry in the bathroom like Tessa in B10.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-19-2008 at 06:05 PM.

I like her which probably means she won't win. I never pick the right one. I think Amanda will win but then that means she won't? I dunno. I like them both but Amanda seems the logical choice for him.

Call it intuition or speculation, but the Shayne-related publicity strikes me as strong confirmation that she was professionally cast (again, by that I do not mean paid a la Actors Equity) to be on the show, with the publicity as part of her contract.

She's not independently that interesting from an entertainment news standpoint, as noted by many posters in many places, to be getting all the mentions and attention. ABC is treating her specially, in the PR department. Perhaps she negotiated for final-say on what can be said about her, who knows. But this is not happening spontaneously, it's an agreed upon campaign.

That's not to say that Matt won't find her adorable, great to spend time with, fall in love, what have you, but I smell a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2850271;
    I like shayne also---such a beautiful girl. I think she's down-to-earth and seemed a bit mature for her years. I liked her.

I was surprised that I liked her too, along with Amanda and a couple others. She was classier than I expected. I'll be watching to see if she's edited right to be the true f1. At this point I'd fear that maybe Amanda has been edited too much as the frontrunner for her to truly be f1. At this point I think Amanda is getting the edit of the f2 and Shayne is getting the winning edit. Time will tell, it's very early. I'll wait though and see if she participates in the upcoming fight. She is very young (22), but then so is Matt (27).
    Last edited by girlsmom; 03-19-2008 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2854140;
    I was surprised that I liked her too, along with Amanda and a couple others. She was classier than I expected. I'll be watching to see if she's edited right to be the true f1. At this point I'd fear that maybe Amanda has been edited too much as the frontrunner for her to truly be f1. At this point I think Amanda is getting the edit of the f2 and Shayne is getting the winning edit. Time will tell, it's very early. I'll wait though and see if she participates in the upcoming fight. She is very young (22), but then so is Matt (27).
    Last season Eonline posted that Brad's true love was Bettina. Was it true? That is up for grabs. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2854140;
    I don't know if she will participate in the upcoming fights during the season but I did notice twice in the season previews that she and Robin do not get along and have some words with each other! You'll notice Shayne says, girls are fun to live with (paraphrasing of course), and then repeats that all while looking straight at Robin. Robin's face is priceless...and also on the tennis date...Robin and Shayne are shown having words...so who knows what it will be edited to look like.

It is predicted by TedC on EOnline that an insider told him that she wins. He writes this in his column. I posted it on mediathread.

Who knows if it is true or not. But he says it is, as the season is already filmed, edited and in the can so to speak.