Page 51 of 220 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 2194

Thread: Shayne **Spoilers**

  1. #501
    Team Carly kwtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    I was thinking back to past seasons of the bachelor/bachelorette--and it occured to me that on the bachelorette--the men who eventually became the f1 on 2 of the seasons were the one's who got the negative edit and are they really there for the right reasons and in one case--is the drifter really capable of settling down--while both of the f2 guys got great edits--the nice guy--the stable guy--the boy next door--so in the franchise, not all f1s get the best edit--just something to ponder--and although typically on the bachelor series the person with the more positive edit gets the end result (except mary--which tanya got the better edit)--this time could have a woman with a more negative edit taking the final rose--

  2. #502
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;2880560;
    ETA As a loyal viewer, I live with the sham part because there is always the possibility that Fleiss can hit gold and have 2 people actually click. I'm also aware that we are 2 centuries away from a gentleman's meeting a lady at a few social gatherings then making her "an offer of marriage."
    I live with the sham part because its so much fun to snark with you guys, and to read Roses' recaps!

  3. #503
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2880602;
    I was thinking back to past seasons of the bachelor/bachelorette--and it occured to me that on the bachelorette--the men who eventually became the f1 on 2 of the seasons were the one's who got the negative edit and are they really there for the right reasons and in one case--is the drifter really capable of settling down--while both of the f2 guys got great edits--the nice guy--the stable guy--the boy next door--so in the franchise, not all f1s get the best edit--just something to ponder--and although typically on the bachelor series the person with the more positive edit gets the end result (except mary--which tanya got the better edit)--this time could have a woman with a more negative edit taking the final rose--
    I believe that Helene (Bachelor 2) and Estella (Bob's show) also received the more negative edit compared to the F2 and F3, yet were the Final Ones.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  4. #504
    Team Carly kwtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2880638;
    I believe that Helene (Bachelor 2) and Estella (Bob's show) also received the more negative edit compared to the F2 and F3, yet were the Final Ones.
    Yep--that is true--both of those also--so that is 5 different seasons where the f2 girl got a better edit than the one who became f1!

  5. #505
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    You have to take Bob's season out of the loop for any logic. He had fallen in love with his present wife/girlfriend (?) before shooting began. He did not intend for that to happen, but it did. Production knew that the season was a sham.

  6. #506
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2880676;
    You have to take Bob's season out of the loop for any logic. He had fallen in love with his present wife/girlfriend (?) before shooting began. He did not intend for that to happen, but it did. Production knew that the season was a sham.
    It still comes down to the editing of the F1 no matter the end result though.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2880661;
    Yep--that is true--both of those also--so that is 5 different seasons where the f2 girl got a better edit than the one who became f1!
    Yes, we have to keep our eyes open to anything happening in the edits of the F1, F2 and F3.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  7. #507
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,942

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2880661;
    Yep--that is true--both of those also--so that is 5 different seasons where the f2 girl got a better edit than the one who became f1!
    Estella was a little quirky and cried in the bathroom. I was crazy about Kelly Jo, but I don't really think that Estella got a bad edit.
    I didn't watch Hellene, but Chris Harrison said on his board when I lurked that Aaron took one look at her, and it was Hellene all the way. To me, that meant that they had to do something to try and keep it from being that obvious. Also Brooke was a sweet girl just like Tanya, and there just wasn't that much to work with to make her look bad.
    They tried to cast a lot of doubt on Mary and to make her dance with the feathers look like a hoochie koochie, but it simply was a cheerleading dance done with feathers. Byron was done as soon as he saw Mary too. How much bad can you come up with on a classy, beautiful blonde (Tanya) who teaches children with special needs? That simply wasn't a season to plot good vs. bad.

    With the guys you had slick Charlie against sweet Ryan. Ryan won. Neither one of them was bad; it was simply Trista's choice.

    Was he a playboy, who could say for sure Jerry against arrogant John Paul in a winner that wasn't a winner ( shades of Brad's F1 who wasn't a winner either and who had a bad edit.) John Paul bragged about his remarkable success as an entrapaneur, and we were shown Jerry's compassion for a deaf mother.

    With Ian Meredith craved him so badly that Fleiss had to do something to keep everybody from knowing it, so he tried to make Ian look like he might not commit. Also, Matt was simply a good guy. The whole edit was contrived.

    Of those, Ian and DeAnna did give Fleiss something to work with. They both did make remarks.

    My conclusion is that the F1 may receive a scaled down negative edit such as in the case of Ian.

    Hint: Women will be more apt to forgive and forget a guy like Ian his negative edit before they will forgive or forget another woman's negative edit - sorry to say, but I believe that is the nature of the beast.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-30-2008 at 02:07 PM.

  8. #508
    Team Carly kwtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    I agree with what you're saying, and there have been cases where the f2 person got a better edit than the f1--jerry was considered a player for the majority of the show by jen--came up time and again--but john paul seemed like the successful nice man--no real questions regarding his intentions or what have you--while some may have perceived him as arrogant because they did show a lot about how successful he was, he was not edited to appear negatively, but rather to show that although he was 25 he was stable and quite successful. I loved jerry personally, but time and again they brought up is he a player? yada yada yada--And with mary--they showed her freak out a couple of times during byron's season--say she thought she needed to leave because she was having negative feelings because of what happened on BOb's season--there was the time she cried and byron went to talk to her, and then jane freaked out because he spent so much time outside talking to mary because she was upset--which quite honestly, wasn't too terribly different from what we saw with shayne last week--not really---every season there is someone who questions whether they really want to be there, it may not be for them or what have you and each year it's shown a little bit differently.

    It's difficult to say this season because what we do know is that the final 3 are shayne, amanda, and chelsea---from the screencaps it appears that the final 2 may be shayne and chelsea (there appear to be a couple of dates in barbados for these 2 ladies, but we only see one for amanda, which makes me think that amanda must go home final 3, but i could be wrong). SO if that is the case and the final 2 are chelsea and shayne then both it appears will get a somewhat negative edit (chelseas has not been shown yet). It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

  9. #509
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2880889;
    I agree with what you're saying, and there have been cases where the f2 person got a better edit than the f1--jerry was considered a player for the majority of the show by jen--came up time and again--but john paul seemed like the successful nice man--no real questions regarding his intentions or what have you--while some may have perceived him as arrogant because they did show a lot about how successful he was, he was not edited to appear negatively, but rather to show that although he was 25 he was stable and quite successful. I loved jerry personally, but time and again they brought up is he a player? yada yada yada--And with mary--they showed her freak out a couple of times during byron's season--say she thought she needed to leave because she was having negative feelings because of what happened on BOb's season--there was the time she cried and byron went to talk to her, and then jane freaked out because he spent so much time outside talking to mary because she was upset--which quite honestly, wasn't too terribly different from what we saw with shayne last week--not really---every season there is someone who questions whether they really want to be there, it may not be for them or what have you and each year it's shown a little bit differently.

    It's difficult to say this season because what we do know is that the final 3 are shayne, amanda, and chelsea---from the screencaps it appears that the final 2 may be shayne and chelsea (there appear to be a couple of dates in barbados for these 2 ladies, but we only see one for amanda, which makes me think that amanda must go home final 3, but i could be wrong). SO if that is the case and the final 2 are chelsea and shayne then both it appears will get a somewhat negative edit (chelseas has not been shown yet). It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
    I agree with you what you have to say above!

    I actually think though, the fact that there are not many screencaps of Amanda that show her going to the final 2 is because Fleiss wants us to think that she leaves at the final 3. I just cannot see Fleiss making it this easy by giving us all of these screencaps of Shayne and Chelsea that make them appear to be going to the final 2. JMO

  10. #510
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2880903;
    I actually think, the fact that there are not many screencaps of Amanda that show her going to the final 2 is because Fleiss wants us to think that she leaves at the final 3. I just cannot see Fleiss making it this easy by giving us all of these screencaps of Shayne and Chelsea that make them appear to be going to the final 2. JMO
    Sometimes it is that easy but, ya, you're probably right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.