Thread: Shayne **Spoilers**

Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MattLuvsShayne;2987438;
    Hmmm I have never read anywhere that this wasn't true where did you read that if you don't mind me asking not asking you to give link because an infraction will follow if not no problem but seems weird too me all of a sudden retraction?? lol

It came from "insider" information. Shayne didn't purchase the house for her Mom. The error was realized on Sunday afternoon before the show aired and there wasn't enough time to edit it out.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Quote Originally Posted by ncognitohere;2986488;
    First post so don't crucify me (though I have read here for several seasons) but I just wanted to finally chime in. I watched the 1st episode this season and really liked Shayne but sometime before the next episode aired I found out who/what she was and formed a pretty strong dislike for her based on that alone. So I didn't bother watching the next 2 episodes (yes that means that I missed her infamous melt down/temper tantrum but I have since saw it) by the night the 4th one aired I was up alone and sick and ended up watching hoping that it would bore me to sleep. I feel for her or better yet them all over again.
    I am a married 31 year mother and I have to say that sometimes I think she has a better grasp of who she really is than I do or anyone else that I know does. It is really refreshing to see someone that young be so true to themself. She doesn't hide who or what she is and she is perfectly comfortable with it. She may be girly, high-mat and rather materilistic but she is so upfront about it that you can't hold it against her. She is also spunky, witty, caring and so much fun to watch that it all balances out for me anyway.
    I like Chels too but it seems to me that she is trying to hard not to try (KWIM?). It isn't like Tessa, who truly seemed hesitant and scared to open up but instead it seems that Chels is trying to pretend to have these qualities for some reason. Maybe she isn't that in to Matt, maybe she has sensed that she isn't going to walk away the winner and doesn't want to put herself out there for nothing but either way it all seems forced to me.
    Welcome!!! Your post was a delight to read. I have said this before, but I too didn't really like Shayne or Matt actually in the beginning. I doubted both of their intentions. But they surprised me by their genuine interactions with each other, adorable exchanges, and passionate kisses.

Don't worry about tomorrow. Matt proposes to Shayne. There is no doubt in my mind. Any concerns I had previously are long gone. I am just sad it is ending.

shayne's real myspace says she's "anxious" and she has this smiley next to it. she's probably anxious about going out with matt for the first time in public
    "Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Quote Originally Posted by momofc&h;2986526;
    First - thanks IvoryMist for the clip, I loved it.
    Second - on Matt blowing the kiss to Shayne, my husband and I blow kisses all the time. It seems like a family thing for us, but it's not limited to our daughters.
    Third - on Shayne. What I liked about her most was her sense of self. Her ability to laugh at herself. I cracked up on the winery date when she admitted to being high maintenance! But - when I realized that she is the cornerstone of her family and by the age of 22 had bought (a modest) house for her mom, that spoke volumes where the loads of shoes and make up on the slope didn't.
    I agree, Adults blow kisses too. The way he threw that kiss wasn't a parent throwing a kiss to their child, when I saw that clip, I could feel and see the love that man has for that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2987514;
    Welcome!!! Your post was a delight to read. I have said this before, but I too didn't really like Shayne or Matt actually in the beginning. I doubted both of their intentions. But they surprised me by their genuine interactions with each other, adorable exchanges, and passionate kisses.

Don't worry about tomorrow. Matt proposes to Shayne. There is no doubt in my mind. Any concerns I had previously are long gone. I am just sad it is ending.

Okay.... first post for me also, so I hope I am doing this right. I have to confess to being a lurker around here for the past few weeks.I hesitated to post as I felt I was in the minority on my opinion and was a bit leery, however,after lurking for a bit,I have figured out that it is alright to state your opinion on here.I find that refreshing compared to some other forums I have participated in.

I always thought that Amanda was very pretty and a sweet girl, but just did not see much of a connection with her and Matt. Chelsea I have always thought was pretty too, but could never get past the arm wrestling and the PDA issues.I was really surprised by the infamous black nightie scene,not because I found it so offensive, but it just did not seem to fit the image I had been seeing of her, and it made her appear to be sort of desperate in my eyes.I really have to admit to sitting in my chair and rolling my eyes at Shayne and thought that she would be the one who I would want to see go pronto.... to my surprise by the time she had her first one on one with Matt I had totally taken a complete turn-around on my opinion of her. I love this girl!
    She is a total breath of fresh air for me.I laughed when she admitted that she was high maintenance and laughed even harder when she pulled out her make-up on the ski slopes. Shayne is who she is and does not pull any punches about it IMO I love the inter-action with her and Matt and if it is all fake, well then they have given me much pleasure throughout the course of the show.I will be very disappointed if Matt chooses Chelsea, not because I think she is some terrible person or anything,it is suppose to be who makes him happy... not me.

I will however, be very disappointed to have grown to adore Matt and Shayne together and to see him propose to Chelsea will leave me feeling as if what I have been watching unfold before my eyes throughout this "journey"
    was not what I wanted to see... I wanted to see the love story evolve and if it was with Matt and Chelsea then somebody must have left alot of good film that I could have been enjoying on the cutting room floor somewhere....that in my opinion would be a darn shame as I truly feel that given my first impression of Shayne I would have embraced the love story with Chelsea or Amanda as well as I have the love story with Matt and Shayne.
    Sorry for the long post... back to my corner now....

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiegirl;2987760;
    I always thought that Amanda was very pretty and a sweet girl, but just did not see much of a connection with her and Matt. Chelsea I have always thought was pretty too, but could never get past the arm wrestling and the PDA issues.I was really surprised by the infamous black nightie scene,not because I found it so offensive, but it just did not seem to fit the image I had been seeing of her, and it made her appear to be sort of desperate in my eyes.I really have to admit to sitting in my chair and rolling my eyes at Shayne and thought that she would be the one who I would want to see go pronto.... to my surprise by the time she had her first one on one with Matt I had totally taken a complete turn-around on my opinion of her. I love this girl!
    She is a total breath of fresh air for me.I laughed when she admitted that she was high maintenance and laughed even harder when she pulled out her make-up on the ski slopes. Shayne is who she is and does not pull any punches about it IMO I love the inter-action with her and Matt and if it is all fake, well then they have given me much pleasure throughout the course of the show.I will be very disappointed if Matt chooses Chelsea, not because I think she is some terrible person or anything,it is suppose to be who makes him happy... not me.

I will however, be very disappointed to have grown to adore Matt and Shayne together and to see him propose to Chelsea will leave me feeling as if what I have been watching unfold before my eyes throughout this "journey"
    was not what I wanted to see... I wanted to see the love story evolve and if it was with Matt and Chelsea then somebody must have left alot of good film that I could have been enjoying on the cutting room floor somewhere....that in my opinion would be a darn shame as I truly feel that given my first impression of Shayne I would have embraced the love story with Chelsea or Amanda as well as I have the love story with Matt and Shayne.
    I completely agree with you! I also think the Chelsea FD scene seemed out of character for her -- I just never was able to get a handle on Chelsea. Whether that was actually due to Chelsea's actual actions/personality or the show editing it doesn't really matter -- either way I didn't see a love story developing!

I also agree with your observations about Shayne -- she makes me laugh and I just adore her!

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2987512;
    It came from "insider" information. Shayne didn't purchase the house for her Mom. The error was realized on Sunday afternoon before the show aired and there wasn't enough time to edit it out.
    Thanks Aanjheni

FORT Regular

it's kinda of mixed information but the information we had...that indeed she purchase the house. Well..who cares..if she can afford it why not..

Okay.... first post for me also, so I hope I am doing this right. I have to confess to being a lurker around here for the past few weeks.I hesitated to post as I felt I was in the minority on my opinion and was a bit leery, however,after lurking for a bit,I have figured out that it is alright to state your opinion on here.I find that refreshing compared to some other forums I have participated in.

What a nice post and welcome cubbiegirl!

Don't go back to your corner - no matter what your opinion, we love to have you here posting!
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

For a first post, yours is an exceptional one cubbiegirl! Thank you for coming out of lurkdome to post your thoughts. Like you, I feel like I have watched a real love story with Shayne and Matt.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas