Thread: Shayne **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

First post so don't crucify me (though I have read here for several seasons) but I just wanted to finally chime in. I watched the 1st episode this season and really liked Shayne but sometime before the next episode aired I found out who/what she was and formed a pretty strong dislike for her based on that alone. So I didn't bother watching the next 2 episodes (yes that means that I missed her infamous melt down/temper tantrum but I have since saw it) by the night the 4th one aired I was up alone and sick and ended up watching hoping that it would bore me to sleep. I feel for her or better yet them all over again.
    I am a married 31 year mother and I have to say that sometimes I think she has a better grasp of who she really is than I do or anyone else that I know does. It is really refreshing to see someone that young be so true to themself. She doesn't hide who or what she is and she is perfectly comfortable with it. She may be girly, high-mat and rather materilistic but she is so upfront about it that you can't hold it against her. She is also spunky, witty, caring and so much fun to watch that it all balances out for me anyway.
    I like Chels too but it seems to me that she is trying to hard not to try (KWIM?). It isn't like Tessa, who truly seemed hesitant and scared to open up but instead it seems that Chels is trying to pretend to have these qualities for some reason. Maybe she isn't that in to Matt, maybe she has sensed that she isn't going to walk away the winner and doesn't want to put herself out there for nothing but either way it all seems forced to me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryMist;2986495;
    here
    [/url]
    I love most of that clip but that "kiss" bothers me. I know that many readers on the body language thread have commented on Matt acting "parental" towards Shayne and it suddenly rings true. I blow kisses to my 7 year old everytime that he goes up to bat because I know that it scares him and it seems to me that Matt is doing the same thing here. I honeslty can't remember the last time (if ever) I blew my husband a kiss.
    I am crossing my fingers for Shayne as F1 but that kiss worries me more than any SC could.

FORT Regular

After Shaynes HTD, a video shows him not only hugging her, but he has his hands in her hair, pulling her in. That's real.

First - thanks IvoryMist for the clip, I loved it.
    Second - on Matt blowing the kiss to Shayne, my husband and I blow kisses all the time. It seems like a family thing for us, but it's not limited to our daughters.
    Third - on Shayne. What I liked about her most was her sense of self. Her ability to laugh at herself. I cracked up on the winery date when she admitted to being high maintenance! But - when I realized that she is the cornerstone of her family and by the age of 22 had bought (a modest) house for her mom, that spoke volumes where the loads of shoes and make up on the slope didn't.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by momofc&h;2986526;
    Third - on Shayne. What I liked about her most was her sense of self. Her ability to laugh at herself. I cracked up on the winery date when she admitted to being high maintenance! But - when I realized that she is the cornerstone of her family and by the age of 22 had bought (a modest) house for her mom, that spoke volumes where the loads of shoes and make up on the slope didn't.
    Completely agree about Shayne. I don't have as many shoes as her but I will own up to having over 200 pairs of PJ's (not counting what I got for Mother's Day today) and will even admit to going to bed with lip gloss in my pocket more often than not.

Zao

Quote Originally Posted by ncognitohere;2986488;
    First post so don't crucify me (though I have read here for several seasons) but I just wanted to finally chime in. I watched the 1st episode this season and really liked Shayne but sometime before the next episode aired I found out who/what she was and formed a pretty strong dislike for her based on that alone. So I didn't bother watching the next 2 episodes (yes that means that I missed her infamous melt down/temper tantrum but I have since saw it) by the night the 4th one aired I was up alone and sick and ended up watching hoping that it would bore me to sleep. I feel for her or better yet them all over again.
    I am a married 31 year mother and I have to say that sometimes I think she has a better grasp of who she really is than I do or anyone else that I know does. It is really refreshing to see someone that young be so true to themself. She doesn't hide who or what she is and she is perfectly comfortable with it. She may be girly, high-mat and rather materilistic but she is so upfront about it that you can't hold it against her. She is also spunky, witty, caring and so much fun to watch that it all balances out for me anyway.
    I like Chels too but it seems to me that she is trying to hard not to try (KWIM?). It isn't like Tessa, who truly seemed hesitant and scared to open up but instead it seems that Chels is trying to pretend to have these qualities for some reason. Maybe she isn't that in to Matt, maybe she has sensed that she isn't going to walk away the winner and doesn't want to put herself out there for nothing but either way it all seems forced to me.
    Welcome to the boards, and I agree with the bolded part.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Zao;2986547;
    Welcome to the boards, and I agree with the bolded part.
    Totally agree esp. the bolded parts!!! That's Shayne to a T!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LAlady;2986553;
    Totally agree esp. the bolded parts!!! That's Shayne to a T!!!
    Yep I agree too.It fits Shayne perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryMist;2986495;
    Did you hear her say, "If I don't come back, I wish you and Chelsea well?" What a cute sense of humor she has. I'm sure he'll be happy with her, if they end up together.