Thread: Shayne **Spoilers**

Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by luv4dummies;2954128;
    ITA, why not try something new get a vacation out of it, meet some nice people and if love is there, great if it isn't, it won't be the end of the world
    Why not even jump-start a career?

My answer to all of those questions is this: That isn't the premise of the show, so that isn't the unwritten contract with the viewers. The premise is that they are looking for a lasting relationship. Not a vacation, not new friends, not a career, not free alcohol.

That's why there is all that blather every season about "being here for the right reasons." The right reason is a lasting relationship. And this goes for Matt as well as the wowomen.

I agree the premise of the show is to find a lasting relationship--but, i would venture to say that if we look at this from that standpoint then NO one goes on for the right reasons, none of them. Because every season each of them eventually say they didn't go on the show thinking they'd meet their husband, they go on to have fun, an adventure, make some new friends, and feel if they do meet someone and fall in love then that is just icing on the cake--so it's a moot point to say so and so is on it for the right reasons, while so and so isn't. All are typically on there for the same reasons

If that's the case that every contestant says she didn't go on for the right reasons, the casting folks have a knack for finding people who don't know much about themselves.

It also might be easier to say "I didn't go on to find love!" when you didn't find love...

I checked the numbers again and found for the week of 4/14 it was 7.7 but that just reinforces my thought that we mean very little to Fleiss and co...but that doesn't detract me from finding Shayne to be the best thing this season...she has really brought me back to watching every week.
    BTW thanks astrochick for agreeing with me...

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2954193;
    I agree the premise of the show is to find a lasting relationship--but, i would venture to say that if we look at this from that standpoint then NO one goes on for the right reasons, none of them. Because every season each of them eventually say they didn't go on the show thinking they'd meet their husband, they go on to have fun, an adventure, make some new friends, and feel if they do meet someone and fall in love then that is just icing on the cake--so it's a moot point to say so and so is on it for the right reasons, while so and so isn't. All are typically on there for the same reasons
    I agree with you, but I think there have been a few who really were intent on making a love connection and they have been some of the scarier contestants through the seasons - the lady with the biological clock always comes to my mind. What's that saying about finding love when you least expect it? Those who go in expecting too much are more than likely going to be disappointed if that's really their goal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2954249;
    I agree with you, but I think there have been a few who really were intent on making a love connection and they have been some of the scarier contestants through the seasons - the lady with the biological clock always comes to my mind. What's that saying about finding love when you least expect it? Those who go in expecting too much are more than likely going to be disappointed if that's really their goal.
    You make a good point. The ones truly looking for love did end up being the scarier ones...and never lasted very long. Go figure While the majority might not go on the show specifically looking for love, they're at least open to the idea.

im sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot. but i was wondering if anybody knew what happened to the pictures of the f3 where its the bachelor and one of the girls and a rose. are they doing that this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Bevinfighter07;2954431;
    im sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot. but i was wondering if anybody knew what happened to the pictures of the f3 where its the bachelor and one of the girls and a rose. are they doing that this season?
    Someone said they were on the ABC site for a few but now it doesn't show the pictures, just a box with an X in it (If those are the pictures of The Bach and each woman)

Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2954488;
    Someone said they were on the ABC site for a few but now it doesn't show the pictures, just a box with an X in it (If those are the pictures of The Bach and each woman)
    Oh no, I wonder why they are not showing us those pictures this year? I have always liked looking at them!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Get the magnifying glass! Gooseberry's Avatar

On page 20 of screencaps only, in post 196, go to the last photo. It is the photo of Matt with the hidden girl in front of him. When I look to the bottom left near the shoe area, I see what appears to be the high heel of a light colored shoe. If this hidden lady has on high heels, it almost has to be Shayne.
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton