Thread: Shayne **Spoilers**

  1. #1021
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by lark37;2904866;
    I have been a member for awhile yet rarely post, but I just have to say a few things about Shayne. Why do you think so many posters on this board dislike her so much? Is it because she's from a Hollywood family and an actress herself? Or, is it because they think she was planted on this show by Fleiss and will be F1 and it's all scripted? I guess I'm just prejudiced by the fact that my 20 year old daughter is a professional actress who looks a bit like Shayne, but I really like Shayne. It seems like most of the posters who really despise Shayne do so because she's an actress and they doubt the sincerity of her feelings for Matt. Honestly, aren't most of these bachelorettes really aspiring actresses looking for their 15 minutes of fame and more? How many pharmaceutical sales reps and marketing/sales reps can there be out there looking for love on national television? I also don't get all the love for Amanda--the girl has barely been seen on this show prior to last night's episode and barely on that one. Do people project a personality they like onto someone they know virtually nothing about? If we are going with the "hidden" girl theory (and I have watched all Bach seasons except for the first and the last season) for Amanda, then what makes anyone think she's the "hidden" one and not Noelle?
    All valid questions that you have addressed, lark, and some very good replies to you by posters. I once read a post that said as long as the bachelorette is not featured or says too much, then she will be a fan favorite. I do think that the women on this show that the fans are favoring are indeed very sweet women, but like some of the other posters on here I am looking for the Final One. Who has the storyline? Whose editing may be following other patterns from the past, including throwing in possible negative editing to throw us off? Who has the chemistry? What are the screencaps telling me? Etc.... For right now I only see Shayne as that woman. I also think that she is a very sweet woman that has great depth and maturity, and that her being an actress is her occupation that has been addressed with Matt ~ the only one of whom it should matter.

    I don't know who Matt is going to pick. I do think that he and Shayne are very attracted to each other, but she doesn't seem like someone who is ready to settle down yet with her career barely started and with a man who may or may not be ready to leave England.
    The chemistry and the storyline certainly points in Shayne's favor above any of the other bachelorettes at this point in the show. She did say in her talk with Matt that she is interested in looking towards someone serious and wonders at his age if he is too. That is part of their storyline that seems to be addressed each episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2904953;
    Rumors have circulated, IMO most are very vague and not worth the space they are typed on, but I think it just reinforces the negative Shayne opinions.
    This is spot on, casualfan! It just takes one person that recognizes a bachelorette as a actress, and the rumors can take off on a life of their own. To me that is not indicative of what the reality is regarding Matt or Shayne or anyone on the show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  2. #1022
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2905500;
    I agree with the poster who said I like her just fine when she is with the girls. It's when she is with Matt that I cringe.
    When I'm not watching her, I think that I would think this, too. But when I am watching her with Matt, it just seems to me that she's being ultra-flirty and sex-kitteny, and probably sort of spontaneously, not really as an act. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. In fact, it makes me envious! I was never able to behave that way, and I think I probably missed out on quite a bit of fun in life because of it. I actually like her because of the way she combines that part with the person she seems to be when she's just around the other women.

  3. #1023
    Peace MsFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Up here in my tree...
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2905568;
    It just takes one person that recognizes a bachelorette as a actress, and the rumors can take off on a life of their own. To me that is not indicative of what the reality is regarding Matt or Shayne or anyone on the show.
    Oh, I agree! Any and all supposed insider information is highly suspect, no matter where it's coming from. This is the internet where anyone can say anything therefore half of what I read as coming from supposed insiders I consider complete hogwash and the other half is gobbledygook. That leaves us with the third half which is usually about 10% reliable. I believe about 10% of the 10% and only the parts that don't make any sense. Well, I did believe Matt's buddies way back when a bit, but that's because what they said was so entertaining.

    Matt and Shayne may demonstrate "chemistry" but that's probably because Matt is attracted to the sex-kitten. That's believable, I think. Is she attracted to Matt equally? I doubt it. But she can fake it pretty well with those smoldering looks she sends through her eyelashes and all that touchy feely crawling she does all over him. That stuff works on a large percentage of the male population ruled by a certain part of their anatomy. I predict the "attraction" on her part to last right up to the time where she finds out that his nice flat in London is a Fleiss rental.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

  4. #1024
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2905673;
    Oh, I agree! Any and all supposed insider information is highly suspect, no matter where it's coming from. This is the internet where anyone can say anything therefore half of what I read as coming from supposed insiders I consider complete hogwash and the other half is gobbledygook. That leaves us with the third half which is usually about 10% reliable. I believe about 10% of the 10% and only the parts that don't make any sense. Well, I did believe Matt's buddies way back when a bit, but that's because what they said was so entertaining.

    Matt and Shayne may demonstrate "chemistry" but that's probably because Matt is attracted to the sex-kitten. That's believable, I think. Is she attracted to Matt equally? I doubt it. But she can fake it pretty well with those smoldering looks she sends through her eyelashes and all that touchy feely crawling she does all over him. That stuff works on a large percentage of the male population ruled by a certain part of their anatomy. I predict the "attraction" on her part to last right up to the time where she finds out that his nice flat in London is a Fleiss rental.
    MsFroggy, I so love your posts - they always make me laugh!

    I think the percentage highlighted above is a pretty large percentage. However, Matt is quite intelligent (I now have a bit of a crush on him after the radio interviews - LOVE a guy with a quick wit!) and that will be a must for him in a long-term relationship. Unfortunately, this show hasn't highlighted that aspect of anyone so far (Chelsea the most, and Amanda probably 2nd).

  5. #1025
    To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,715

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2905500;
    For some of us, it's not a matter of disliking Shayne. She could be the best daughter, and friend in the world. She could rescue sick kittens three days a week for all I know. I agree with the poster who said I like her just fine when she is with the girls. It's when she is with Matt that I cringe. (I think that was Missyboxers in another thread.) She has chosen to appear on The Bachelor and that is what I am judging.

    I dont like watching a reality show with a pre-ordained ending. I blame Fleiss for the concept and I blame Shayne for the career boosting choice to participate in a sham. Perhaps this sham is one of the reasons the ratings are down this season.

    I always say that when sleuthing, one should separate personal favorites from the clues. I'm fully aware that Shayne is probably F1 (though I do hold out a bit of hope that she is not.) Most of the insider information and many of the screencaps do suggest that she is. But I dont think Matt is a guy she would ever date in real life and that has a lot to do with my opinion of what she is doing. I think others are picking up on that and perhaps that is one reason the ratings are down.
    Boy,I agree with you again ,Pajamasam...

    It is not a dislike of Shayne as a person at all that I think people are having such an issue with.Quite the opposite..she is very likeable and appealing...
    Just the thought of her being a "realistic' choice for Matt as a wife or long term partner seems very "unrealistic" in the real world by what Matt seems to say he wants in a wife....

    I don't think in past seasons has there ever been a F1 or F2 who was so perceived by the public as a' Nonrealistic' choice here..Most people had their favorites,but whomever you liked,the other girl was still a feasible choice for
    F1..

    things are just not clicking at all this season for me...

  6. #1026
    FoRT-i-fied hotlanta babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    now living in Hell-A
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;2905132;
    So, the sc's show Shayne:

    1. Walking on the beach with Matt, late afternoon
    2. Jumping off tramp
    3. Jet skiing
    4. In the water during day, with legs wrapped around Matt
    5. Being carried in the water, evening
    6. Sitting on the beach with Matt, evening
    7. In pool at the Great House, nighttime.
    8. Lying on the master bed at Great House with Matt.

    Did I miss any.

    I am trying to figure out if there are any sc's of her HTD. The beaches in the sc's do not match the beaches here in So. Calif. I believe her dad lives in the Los Feliz district, at least there was a website with his house on it, which I can't find again (dang), and it was in the Los Feliz district, which isn't close to the beach.
    We know that some of this list are NOT from the hometown date and are definitely BARBADOS from our fabulous screencap and internet sluethers.

    About the time of the Hometown Dates, Shayne's mom (Michelle Smith) had a comment on myspace thanking someone in Hawaii for their hospitality, so it's led people to believe that Shayne's HT date may be in Hawaii. (Does Lorenzo or Michelle have a home there???)

    Definite BARBADOS or could it be a "Hawaii Hometown Date" (HHD)
    from Bet2Win's list:
    1. Walking on the beach with Matt, late afternoon -- BARBADOS
    2. Jumping off tramp -- BARBADOS
    3. Jet skiing -- BARBADOS
    4. In the water during day, with legs wrapped around Matt -- possible HHD?
    5. Being carried in the water, evening -- possible HHD?
    6. Sitting on the beach with Matt, evening -- possible HHD?
    7. In pool at the Great House, nighttime -- BARBADOS
    8. Lying on the master bed at Great House with Matt -- BARBADOS

    If there are screencaps/evidence that point to # 4, 5 or 6 definitely being Barbados, please help confirm. THX.

    All these activities would be difficult to do in ONE DAY if all are in Barbados, so that's why many people have Shayne in the F2.
    If Shayne's hometown date is in Malibu or Lake Havesu, AZ (where she grew up), then the whole list is Barbados.

    I don't dislike Shayne. In fact, I think she's entertaining to watch and hope being on the Bachelor helps her career. BUT ... I'm still trying to figure out who are the actual F1, F2 & F3 for the Rose Ceremony Game! (It's all about the win for me --- MY WIN!) I'm 1 point off the lead and would love to win a prize this year!

    I don't think Shayne is F1 (too blatant), though she would be a good candidate for the F3 who goes out with fireworks.

    Screencaps and Fleiss' standard "hidden F1 edit" seems to be pointing to Amanda, but I see Matt's attraction to Chelsea too. Both would be a more realistic choice for Matt as a wife. I just want to get my picks right, regardless of who gets the final rose.

    Question -- has Randall abandoned the FoRT this season???

  7. #1027
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2906472;
    We know that some of this list are NOT from the hometown date and are definitely BARBADOS from our fabulous screencap and internet sluethers.

    About the time of the Hometown Dates, Shayne's mom (Michelle Smith) had a comment on myspace thanking someone in Hawaii for their hospitality, so it's led people to believe that Shayne's HT date may be in Hawaii. (Does Lorenzo or Michelle have a home there???)

    Definite BARBADOS or could it be a "Hawaii Hometown Date" (HHD)
    from Bet2Win's list:
    1. Walking on the beach with Matt, late afternoon -- BARBADOS
    2. Jumping off tramp -- BARBADOS
    3. Jet skiing -- BARBADOS
    4. In the water during day, with legs wrapped around Matt -- possible HHD?
    5. Being carried in the water, evening -- possible HHD?
    6. Sitting on the beach with Matt, evening -- possible HHD?
    7. In pool at the Great House, nighttime -- BARBADOS
    8. Lying on the master bed at Great House with Matt -- BARBADOS

    If there are screencaps/evidence that point to # 4, 5 or 6 definitely being Barbados, please help confirm. THX.

    All these activities would be difficult to do in ONE DAY if all are in Barbados, so that's why many people have Shayne in the F2.
    If Shayne's hometown date is in Malibu or Lake Havesu, AZ (where she grew up), then the whole list is Barbados.

    I don't dislike Shayne. In fact, I think she's entertaining to watch and hope being on the Bachelor helps her career. BUT ... I'm still trying to figure out who are the actual F1, F2 & F3 for the Rose Ceremony Game! (It's all about the win for me --- MY WIN!) I'm 1 point off the lead and would love to win a prize this year!

    I don't think Shayne is F1 (too blatant), though she would be a good candidate for the F3 who goes out with fireworks.

    Screencaps and Fleiss' standard "hidden F1 edit" seems to be pointing to Amanda, but I see Matt's attraction to Chelsea too. Both would be a more realistic choice for Matt as a wife. I just want to get my picks right, regardless of who gets the final rose.

    Question -- has Randall abandoned the FoRT this season???
    sitting on the beach evening and trampoline pic....he has on the same suit, right? Does that mean both are in Barbados? If not then some could be HTDs...I wish you luck. I don't play any of the rose ceremony games.
    Last edited by onlyme; 04-09-2008 at 05:17 PM.

  8. #1028
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2905500;
    For some of us, it's not a matter of disliking Shayne. She could be the best daughter, and friend in the world. She could rescue sick kittens three days a week for all I know. I agree with the poster who said I like her just fine when she is with the girls. It's when she is with Matt that I cringe. (I think that was Missyboxers in another thread.) She has chosen to appear on The Bachelor and that is what I am judging.

    I dont like watching a reality show with a pre-ordained ending. I blame Fleiss for the concept and I blame Shayne for the career boosting choice to participate in a sham. Perhaps this sham is one of the reasons the ratings are down this season.

    I always say that when sleuthing, one should separate personal favorites from the clues. I'm fully aware that Shayne is probably F1 (though I do hold out a bit of hope that she is not.) Most of the insider information and many of the screencaps do suggest that she is. But I dont think Matt is a guy she would ever date in real life and that has a lot to do with my opinion of what she is doing. I think others are picking up on that and perhaps that is one reason the ratings are down.

    I concur. I don't dislike Shayne, I just don't think she cares a flip about Matt.

    She reminds me, a bit, of Susan from Travis's season. She is very camera aware, and when she is with Matt she chooses what she says very carefully almost as if she is reading a line from a soap opera script. I do not see any interest on her part towards Matt, she often ducks her head after he kisses her a few times. I feel that in the real world she would not give him a second glance.

    I don't see a storyline other than she is from a famous family and struck out on her own early. There is chemistry with Amanda as well, so I don't see her as the only woman Matt is attracted to.

  9. #1029
    ... Ryvetted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;2906519;
    I concur. I don't dislike Shayne, I just don't think she cares a flip about Matt.

    She reminds me, a bit, of Susan from Travis's season. She is very camera aware, and when she is with Matt she chooses what she says very carefully almost as if she is reading a line from a soap opera script. I do not see any interest on her part towards Matt, she often ducks her head after he kisses her a few times. I feel that in the real world she would not give him a second glance.

    I don't see a storyline other than she is from a famous family and struck out on her own early. There is chemistry with Amanda as well, so I don't see her as the only woman Matt is attracted to.
    I agree, and I think Shayne is a doll...but yeah....what you said.

  10. #1030
    FORT Regular Irish Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    70

    Re: Shayne **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by lark37;2904866;
    Hey Shayne Fans--

    I have been a member for awhile yet rarely post, but I just have to say a few things about Shayne. Why do you think so many posters on this board dislike her so much? Is it because she's from a Hollywood family and an actress herself? Or, is it because they think she was planted on this show by Fleiss and will be F1 and it's all scripted? I guess I'm just prejudiced by the fact that my 20 year old daughter is a professional actress who looks a bit like Shayne, but I really like Shayne. It seems like most of the posters who really despise Shayne do so because she's an actress and they doubt the sincerity of her feelings for Matt. Honestly, aren't most of these bachelorettes really aspiring actresses looking for their 15 minutes of fame and more? How many pharmaceutical sales reps and marketing/sales reps can there be out there looking for love on national television? I also don't get all the love for Amanda--the girl has barely been seen on this show prior to last night's episode and barely on that one. Do people project a personality they like onto someone they know virtually nothing about? If we are going with the "hidden" girl theory (and I have watched all Bach seasons except for the first and the last season) for Amanda, then what makes anyone think she's the "hidden" one and not Noelle? There aren't that many SC's of the final 4 to convince me that it's Amanda that makes the F3 and not Noelle. Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I have been reading posts here for the last two weeks and been getting increasingly frustrated at the amount of nastiness towards Shayne. I just had to speak my piece to get it off my chest. I don't know who Matt is going to pick. I do think that he and Shayne are very attracted to each other, but she doesn't seem like someone who is ready to settle down yet with her career barely started and with a man who may or may not be ready to leave England.


    Thanks for starting this discussion. I like having/reading this discussion about the relationships others see between Matt and the girls. Last year I had a hard time understanding the relationship with Bettina and tried to get this type of discussion going about why everyone liked her, however that was unsuccessful. Great work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.