Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stacey - **Spoilers**

Re: Stacey - **Spoilers**

So Matt the practical joker was punk'd. How funny, and how funny that now everyone has to play along as if it were real.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

"Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2850037;
    I felt sorry for this young woman. She was set up as entertainment from the beginning and I am sure she was primed with alcohol and encouragement all night. What I really felt was rather sad was how enthusiasticly and willingly the other women criticized her. They practically lined up to say something nasty about her. (Gee, I wonder who encouraged that )

I am sure she was annoying and not particularly likeable when inebriated, but the other women showed a real lack of generousity and empathy. Perhaps that is the way it is the first night - survival of the saviest.

Great post and ITA Jelle
    I found the other women's treatment of Stacy to be just as disgusting...not becoming of them at all. It would have been nice to see someone try to help her, and show a bit of concern for her unfortunate situation. I did not like what Stacy did at all and do not condone it, but the lack of regard and disgusting things said by the other women I do not condone either, and they were not inebriated. It was all tasteless. Thanks
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2862434;
    Oh my gosh, look at her photo. Classy!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BSGFan;2862590;
    Oh my gosh, look at her photo. Classy!
    From all appearances, it seems safe to say that Stacey is a free spirit. Although it doesn't make her actions any less conventional or socially acceptable, it is probably to be hoped for that at least by this point in her life, Stacey's actions on the show did not come as this big shock to her parents who know her well - like her actions did to those of us who do not know her. Perhaps her family and friends who love her were able to say, "Well, that's just Stacey!"

FORT Newbie

Originally Posted by jelle
    I felt sorry for this young woman. She was set up as entertainment from the beginning and I am sure she was primed with alcohol and encouragement all night. What I really felt was rather sad was how enthusiasticly and willingly the other women criticized her. They practically lined up to say something nasty about her. (Gee, I wonder who encouraged that )

I am sure she was annoying and not particularly likeable when inebriated, but the other women showed a real lack of generousity and empathy. Perhaps that is the way it is the first night - survival of the saviest.

Great post and ITA Jelle

I found the other women's treatment of Stacy to be just as disgusting...not becoming of them at all. It would have been nice to see someone try to help her, and show a bit of concern for her unfortunate situation. I did not like what Stacy did at all and do not condone it, but the lack of regard and disgusting things said by the other women I do not condone either, and they were not inebriated. It was all tasteless. Thanks
    Karey

There were girls there that defended, or at least refused to talk badly about stacey. Those are the girls that got ZERO air time as they were not playing their part in the drama. One young woman confronted the producers about plying stacey with alcohol and encouraging her to behave badly (perhaps even supplying the now-famous panties). That young woman was virtually edited out of the meet and greet show as were others who were openly concerned for stacy and some of the others that got carried away,

Quote Originally Posted by ohcomeon;2873565;

There were girls there that defended, or at least refused to talk badly about stacey. Those are the girls that got ZERO air time as they were not playing their part in the drama. One young woman confronted the producers about plying stacey with alcohol and encouraging her to behave badly (perhaps even supplying the now-famous panties). That young woman was virtually edited out of the meet and greet show as were others who were openly concerned for stacy and some of the others that got carried away,
    Thank you for the clarification!! Fleiss likes to trumpet how thorough his testing is and how selective the show is. He then makes the women look like idiots. It's hard to have it both ways. My personal beef at the moment is his exploitation of Amanda's meeps in his latest commercial.

ETA: WELCOME TO FORT!!!

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by ohcomeon;2873565;
    Originally Posted by jelle

Great post and ITA Jelle

Karey

Well this explains a lot. Thanks sooo very much for setting the record straight, and how sad that TPTB would NOT show a bit of compassion, for not only Stacy, but the women showing some concern for Stacy, and not being catty. But I have watched enough of the machinations of this show by now, I should have realized myself what was going on behind the scenes. Thanks again, and WELCOME ohcomeon!!!!
    Karey
    Last edited by KareyR2; 03-27-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: This should have read "how sad that TPTB would NOT show a bit of compassion for not only Stacy etc etc...

oh my god when i rewatch the first ep, i can't stop laugh about the attitude of stacey, i hope he keep her more weeks

i love her
    "When you judge others without knowing them,know that you are just judging yourself""

Quote Originally Posted by iloveshayne22;2873876;
    oh my god when i rewatch the first ep, i can't stop laugh about the attitude of stacey, i hope he keep her more weeks

i love her
    Stacy is long gone.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast