Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stacey - **Spoilers**

Re: Stacey - **Spoilers**

Yikes. Well, I refrained from posting this sooner since I don't want to rip on the girls much before I see them in action (really, I like to keep things positive for the most part), but she has a crazy look in her eyes, and it looks like looks weren't deceptive. She was working at a disadvantage right off, given the beautiful women in this group, but given her behavior... I would have had second thought about Matt if he kept her around. She gave Miss Teen South Carolina a run for her money with her quotes.

Someone needs to get a screencap of the parting shot of her-- the crazed smile. I swear, that, maybe with the caption "The Whole Package!" would be a funny avatar up for grabs.

If I had been handed the undies by Matt, I would have relished the chance for a witty comeback.

LOL!! my husband refuses to believe she was real. He thinks the producers had her act like that on purpose. Just to stir up some stuff. If she was real.. all I can say is .. wack-a-dooooo
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

The TPTB do seem to sometimes like to pick someone that is sort of like some of the first-rounders on AI-- won't get past the first round, but good for comic relief. Their "psychological tests" may be just as much to ensure we get one like her in the mix.

I felt sorry for this young woman. She was set up as entertainment from the beginning and I am sure she was primed with alcohol and encouragement all night. What I really felt was rather sad was how enthusiasticly and willingly the other women criticized her. They practically lined up to say something nasty about her. (Gee, I wonder who encouraged that )

I am sure she was annoying and not particularly likeable when inebriated, but the other women showed a real lack of generousity and empathy. Perhaps that is the way it is the first night - survival of the saviest.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2849622;
    Yikes. Well, I refrained from posting this sooner since I don't want to rip on the girls much before I see them in action (really, I like to keep things positive for the most part), but she has a crazy look in her eyes, and it looks like looks weren't deceptive. She was working at a disadvantage right off, given the beautiful women in this group, but given her behavior... I would have had second thought about Matt if he kept her around. She gave Miss Teen South Carolina a run for her money with her quotes.

Someone needs to get a screencap of the parting shot of her-- the crazed smile. I swear, that, maybe with the caption "The Whole Package!" would be a funny avatar up for grabs.

If I had been handed the undies by Matt, I would have relished the chance for a witty comeback.
    I would have ran to wash my hands!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2850037;
    I felt sorry for this young woman. She was set up as entertainment from the beginning and I am sure she was primed with alcohol and encouragement all night. What I really felt was rather sad was how enthusiasticly and willingly the other women criticized her. They practically lined up to say something nasty about her. (Gee, I wonder who encouraged that )

I am sure she was annoying and not particularly likeable when inebriated, but the other women showed a real lack of generousity and empathy. Perhaps that is the way it is the first night - survival of the saviest.

Amen to this sentiment, expressed well by Jelle but also others. It made you want to turn away from the screen.

My refrain on "The Bachelor", which some have heard, is that this little puff of "escapism" is not in fact merely harmless entertainment. It's damaging to individuals, and to society. End of rant. Back to admiring wit and appearance of Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2850037;

Jelle ~~ I absolutely agree w/everything in your post. I felt very sorry and very embarrassed for Stacey last night. I was disappointed in how some of the girls lined up *just* to say something nasty about her. In doing that I think they made themselves look bad as well. They could have taken the high road and chose not to comment about her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2850061;
    I would have ran to wash my hands!!!
    Well, that too.

You all are right though, I suppose we should feel more sorry for her. It struck me as strange that she actually seemed to be strongly under the influence of something already at the time she got out of the limo-- I know they drink at the party, and I could see letting them have a drink before meeting him to relax, but to let someone get that smashed?

I am about 98% in agreement with what's been said. Primarily, I agree that she was set up and used by Fleiss, and that's cruel.

But she should know how to handle her liquor by now. So it makes me wonder if Fleiss pegged her as a possible alcoholic -- which would be beyond reprehensible -- or if she just lacks an inner censor. There's no way of knowing, but I suspect there's a self-control issue there, and of course Fleiss would have jumped on that. Still, if she did this on TB, she must have these same issues at other times, and really, is she absolved from the personal responsibility to get herself under control? I don't think so.

Regardless, Fleiss set her up.

What I really felt was rather sad was how enthusiasticly and willingly the other women criticized her. They practically lined up to say something nasty about her. (Gee, I wonder who encouraged that )
    I think they were all point blank "asked" to comment on her. And remember they were all tired, hungry and plied with liquor as well. I think that if I had been stuck in the same room with her for eight hours I might have some choice things to say about her as well. And then I'd probably regret it later. It's a bad set up all around.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast