Page 55 of 508 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2885189;
    I also noticed that he kept looking in her direction during the RC toast
    I wondered about that but noticed Shayne stook next to her too.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

In the little time we did see between Matt and Amanda, it was interesting to hear her say she was afraid of not ever getting her opportunity with him, knowing that she gets the only 1:1 date next week. Did he specifically choose her for that date after her comments, similar to him picking Shayne for a 1:1 this week after what happened in Vegas?

I also thought it was interesting when Holly said it was mistake getting the first 1:1 date, to develop feelings for him so quickly and then stand by and watch him go on dates with the other girls. It's rightfully noted that Amanda has been far too hidden, but on the flip side you can't peak too early on this show!

Basically, I agree with everyone here that her upcoming 1:1 date will be now or never time.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2885213;
    Not necessarily-- there was very little with Danielle and while she was sweet and a favorite, she was gone at F3. Now that I think about it-- in seasons past, there's been much more shown with the F3. Starting with Danielle, there was much less; all we really heard from her was about her dead fiance. Bettina was shown a little more, but that's because she had lots to say about Jenni and how 'into' Brad she was... without having spent that much time with him.

If it is not Amanda,then Shayne is the winner for sure.I just don't see anything with anyone else..Next week we will see..or not see..what happens with Amanda.
    Why not show more when he gave her the FIR and some of their other conversations.They would want to give us more and then cut her at F3.It sounds like they have had some time alone,but we have had barely anything from them..Why is she being hidden if she makes it to the F3 for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2885008;
    Their little talk at the end was a set up. They claimed not to have had time together in this little forced effort for the camera. She lived in England for 2 years an hours drive from where he grew up for cryin out loud! Come on now, certainly they have talked about this or they would have taken the opportunity at that moment to go there. And she gets the first rose. Oy.
    I absolutely agree that they've talked and hit it off, but the EDIT isn't there for to be f1, imo. Waay too little screen time imo. It's not reality that I look at, it's how the EDIT is handled. Also, I've got to say this: I don't necessary think that Matt is the ideal of every girl in that house. I hate to think that all the ladies who have been married post show have ended up with second best. We also know that the girls come away from their experience with great friendships and many aren't actually heartbroken. Thus, I don't think that Matt NOT choosing Amanda would necesssarily be so terrible.

I thought Tessa would be F1, but I didn't for a moment think that her life would've been ruined had she not been f1. jmho

A few observations:

First, I think the interrruption probably didn't occur as abruptly as it appeared to in the edit. I don't know what the timing could have been, but I suspect they had been together a while, whatever "a while" is in these circumstances.

Second, Matt did to seem to have that undercurrent of awareness of her when he couldn't get time alone with her, like at the rugby game. I'm willing to go along with the line of thinking that he knows he intends to keep her for a while and he wants to check out the others a bit more before sending them home.

Third, what did others make of the conversation about music? Music seems to be a theme, granted, but it also seemed like more of a topic for a second-date conversation than for a first date, and I think Matt's been having a lot of first-date conversations, plus some issues-related conversations. He doesn't seem to have issues with Amanda, and it struck me that somewhere along the line, he'd decided that he knew her well enough to proceed to another level. Sort of, "okay, I like you, and you pass my first round of screens for a woman, so let's talk about less crucial stuff like what interests we have in common." And I think she seemed to be at about the same place with him, though I'm not convinced she's screened him completely yet. But people seldom proceed through relationships at the same pace, and the larger screening burden is on him, too.

Next week's 1-1 date will tell a lot, but I don't think she's been wallpaper for him, I think she's been on his mind a lot while he's dealt with some of the other "business" he's required to handle as The Bach.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2885368;
    A few observations:

First, I think the interrruption probably didn't occur as abruptly as it appeared to in the edit. I don't know what the timing could have been, but I suspect they had been together a while, whatever "a while" is in these circumstances.

Second, Matt did to seem to have that undercurrent of awareness of her when he couldn't get time alone with her, like at the rugby game. I'm willing to go along with the line of thinking that he knows he intends to keep her for a while and he wants to check out the others a bit more before sending them home.

Third, what did others make of the conversation about music? Music seems to be a theme, granted, but it also seemed like more of a topic for a second-date conversation than for a first date, and I think Matt's been having a lot of first-date conversations, plus some issues-related conversations. He doesn't seem to have issues with Amanda, and it struck me that somewhere along the line, he'd decided that he knew her well enough to proceed to another level. Sort of, "okay, I like you, and you pass my first round of screens for a woman, so let's talk about less crucial stuff like what interests we have in common." And I think she seemed to be at about the same place with him, though I'm not convinced she's screened him completely yet. But people seldom proceed through relationships at the same pace, and the larger screening burden is on him, too.

Next week's 1-1 date will tell a lot, but I don't think she's been wallpaper for him, I think she's been on his mind a lot while he's dealt with some of the other "business" he's required to handle as The Bach.
    Heaven knows it has been a long time since I have been on the dating scene, but when I was, we tried to talk about things we had in common - what kind of music do you like? What movies do you enjoy? What are your favorite tv programs? etc. This line of discussion had a definite note of the ordinary to me. "Getting to know you" in a less confrontational kind of way....

SWEET - very well said ^^
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Again....remember we saw 4 days in less than 90 minutes.....

A few observations:

You could be right considering that they were seated differently...now turned more into facing each other.

A few observations:

This is a fairly thorough and good analysis

I get the feeling Matt is at ease with her... Nothing pretentious.... That's why the conversations as they are going on with Shayne about drama, and her about music. There wouldn't be much until the 1-on-1 next week with Amanda. She's too normal personality-wise, and so all we see in a scene with a couple of meeps, brought on because she's ticked off at Robin

His reaction to her when she stepped out the limo spoke to the physical aspect. The mundane conversations about music speak to the more day to day aspects, so, the one on one date will deal with the emotional copatibility.