Page 2 of 508 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

Re: ~Amanda R. ~~~~ Spoilers~~~~~

Could someone please explain the meeps thing to me? Thanks.

Teaching and Learning :) heatheshells10's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2841636;
    Hey pakacat. I'm not exactly sure what the technical medical term and definition are; however, meeps is a nickname for Amanda R. She suffers from a medical condition that causes her to hick up at random and uncontrollably. Apparently, it is endearing and not treated in a poor way.
    "I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." -Alex and Emma

Tourette's, it sounds like. I have a family member afflicted with it. Her hiccups could be her "tics."

Hiccup Girl: "I have Tourette's" - Tampa Bays Local News
    Tourette syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you, heatheshells10!

When they said she had a "hilarious" condition, I was worried it might be Tourette's or OCD, and was hoping if it was they wouldn't treat it in a way to cast further stigma on those with the conditions. Glad to hear she is treated well.

Teaching and Learning :) heatheshells10's Avatar

Your welcome. I was worried when I heard "hilarious" condition too because I cannot really think of any condition that I would classify as hilarious. However, since we are supposed to fall in love with her and is a potential F1, I think it will be portrayed well. She's a very beautiful girl.
    "I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." -Alex and Emma

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2841636;
    The definition can be found at urbandictionary.com I posted this awhile back and can't find my post. The site defines definitions of "slang words". Make sure to type in Meep or Meap, either spelling. Leave out the "s". You will learn it is a medical condition, and wish that others would let go of the "meep" word. She is just so lovely and I'm routing for her!
    Last edited by bogey123; 03-14-2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: adding

Thanks, bogey123!

I'm not sure what the name for the medical condition for the random, single hiccups would be. Still, I would not be surprised if she actually has Tourette's... if so, tics tend to act up more while under stress, which she'd certainly be under on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2841737;
    Thanks, bogey123!

I'm not sure what the name for the medical condition for the random, single hiccups would be. Still, I would not be surprised if she actually has Tourette's... if so, tics tend to act up more while under stress, which she'd certainly be under on this show.
    Hi pakacat, if you go to the website and search "Meep" (no "s" at the end) it explains in great detail. It is rare, and is caused by a spasm in the diaphram that can happen unexpectedly and is not in control of the person. It can sound like a gasp and as if the person is surprised or shocked. We are told will will find it endearing as others have said. Just check the website for a full explanation.

NO TICS & NO TOURETTE'S! Just a single hiccup
    Last edited by bogey123; 03-14-2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: add

Cool, thanks! Yeah, I had never heard of that one before. I had looked, but didn't know if it was an actual condition or if it was one of several possible conditions lumped under a single slang term.

Re: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

I have to agree that Meeps is georgeous ( a natural beauty) . I think she goes very far , wouldnt be surprise if she is our F1.

Re: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

I am pretty sure she will be the F1...pictures show her in the F3 and I read a quote by Matt tonight that I think screams that she is the F1...

She appears to me to be very confident and in all the pictures of her at the meet and greet she seems very happy and giggly...I bet she decided to develop a sense of humor about her meeps rather than be embarrassed by it...and to me that sounds like something Matt - who we know has a sense of humor would love...

The one thing I was really interested in is someone who's going to make me laugh," he said. "Someone that would standout. Someone that you look at them and you just think you've got something a bit different. That's what I was really looking for."
    looking at the preview - she seems to be more hidden than Chelsea or Shayne - who I am pretty confident round out the F3...my money is definately on Amanda!!!