Page 13 of 508 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

Re: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Summer fun;2850288;
    In Matt's interview with ET he said, he doesn't believe in love at first sight. "I believe in infatuation." Then he adds, "I knew I was in trouble. I fancied her as soon as I saw her."

He sure seemed to fancy Amanda last night.
    The quote certainly seems to favor her. It would seem it could only apply to a couple others, like Shayne. His face definitely lit up when he saw her.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Did anyone else catch that in their initial meeting she said she had lived four years growing up in Banbury, Oxfordshire?

That's an interesting point they have in common - a shared place in the world.

ETA: Banbury is appx 65 miles from Bishop's Stortford - Matt's hometown. Interesting that they were so close (by US standards) and have now met. To drive it, it is 114 miles as you have to drive around the outskirts of London to change highways.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-18-2008 at 11:09 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

IT's a really interesting point Arielflies. Living in a different country certainly tends to broaden one's outlook. And the fact that she lived in England for four years is quite a coincidence. Wow.

I picked her for the first impression rose based on her introduction to Matt. She was the only one who knew how to behave with an introduction and wasn't trying to be "cutesy" or overly affectionate. She was truly the classiest of the women (based on that first meeting)

Wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being the "one".
    Tahoe bound....

Let them be in love

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2850404;
    I picked her for the first impression rose based on her introduction to Matt. She was the only one who knew how to behave with an introduction and wasn't trying to be "cutesy" or overly affectionate. She was truly the classiest of the women (based on that first meeting)

Wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being the "one".
    I agree, very classy lady, and so beautiful.

FORT Newbie

I, too, went to high school and graduated with Amanda. I wasn't a close friend of hers, but I remember her being super sweet and very intelligent, and it looks like that hasn't changed. I am rooting for her all the way, she deserves it!! Go Niceville!

Matt waited a little bit to give the FIR.Didn't see much of a one on one between them (M and A),so when he rose from his seat to get the rose I thought Shayne was gonna get it.When he said on a voiceover that if he had to sketch someone as his pick this would be the one,I thought of Amanda R.It was a really pleasant surprise when he gave her the FIR. How sweet that he was thinking of her in the middle of a conversation with Shayne.

I loved her. She seemed very real to me, even when she first met him.
    (I'll keep her as my pocket favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2850346;
    Did anyone else catch that in their initial meeting she said she had lived four years growing up in Banbury, Oxfordshire?

That's an interesting point they have in common - a shared place in the world.

ETA: Banbury is appx 65 miles from Bishop's Stortford - Matt's hometown. Interesting that they were so close (by US standards) and have now met. To drive it, it is 114 miles as you have to drive around the outskirts of London to change highways.
    I lived in Banbury when we were stationed in the UK - 83-87, you can drive directly to Bishops Stortford without going around London but its two lane highway all the way and would take about 2-3 hours. The fact that Amanda is from Niceville also makes me believe that her parents (mother/father) was in the US Air Force.

Niceville is just north of Eglin AFB in Florida and Banbury was a place to live when stationed at RAF Upper Heyford.

ETA: She was born at Clovis, NM, Cannon AFB was just outside Clovis - Cannon closed after the first round of drawdowns in the 90's.
    Last edited by gurlbrit; 03-18-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fancygirl;2850492;
    Matt waited a little bit to give the FIR.Didn't see much of a one on one between them (M and A),so when he rose from his seat to get the rose I thought Shayne was gonna get it.When he said on a voiceover that if he had to sketch someone as his pick this would be the one,I thought of Amanda R.It was a really pleasant surprise when he gave her the FIR. How sweet that he was thinking of her in the middle of a conversation with Shayne.
    I just re-watched the episode and while I too was under the impression from my first viewing that he walked out on Shayne, it was really at what would have been a conclusion to a coversation with Robin that he went marching for the rose. Both Shayne and Robin had expectant then hurt looks as he walked past them. And, when I first wrote about it, I forgot that he pulled Amanda from a group and took her to a private room. *sigh* I'm not going to blame fleeting or re-constructed memory for my squeezing of time lapses...I'm not, I'm not. But, that is why I'm glad I tape this sucker!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)