Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Rose Ceremony Game - Bachelor 12

Re: Rose Ceremony Game - Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2850339;
    The taxes are substantial, in part because of the inflated price that ABC uses as value for the trip. If you do win, price the trip out on Orbitz, etc., using the same hotel. Print those pages and save for proof on your tax return so you can argue for a more realistic value. As to the gift boxes, I have no idea on how you can arrive at a real price. I guess you could go online and price out every item and see if ABC uses a fair value.

Question for all you knowledgeable players. Just because you only got fourteen of the fifteen doesnt mean you are out of contention for the grand prize, does it? If a few of the ten with perfect scores screw up on one of the next weeks' eliminations and you get them all correct, then you would move up to the top group - correct?
    I won one of the goody bags last season(Brad's season). This is how the marketing company that does the promotional prize giveaways explained it to me.
    Each week they give out a goody bag to one of the highest scorers that week. They select that person arbitrarily(like picking out of hat to simplify it). Should I have declined my prize, it would have gone on to one of the other highest winners that particular week, who they would have arbitrarily picked.

The person or persons with the highest scores at the end are in contention for the grand prize and again--they go through an "arbitrary" way to arrive at that winner.
    So it goes by scores and the network decides by the scoring. Scoring is explained somewhere on the site.

Thanks super sleuthers! I got 14/15 right and I owe my great picks to you all. You are wonderful! I love reading your posts! (I wish I had something to add to the sleuthing, but you all do a much better job.)

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2850339;
    The taxes are substantial, in part because of the inflated price that ABC uses as value for the trip. If you do win, price the trip out on Orbitz, etc., using the same hotel. Print those pages and save for proof on your tax return so you can argue for a more realistic value. As to the gift boxes, I have no idea on how you can arrive at a real price. I guess you could go online and price out every item and see if ABC uses a fair value.

Question for all you knowledgeable players. Just because you only got fourteen of the fifteen doesnt mean you are out of contention for the grand prize, does it? If a few of the ten with perfect scores screw up on one of the next weeks' eliminations and you get them all correct, then you would move up to the top group - correct?
    Theoretically, you're correct. But it doesn't play out that way in real life.....I can only recall one time when the board leaders didn't get F1 correct.

But like others said, everyone has a chance of winning a goody bag still.

Quote Originally Posted by satorus;2850765;
    I don't know how to post - but it's page 3 of the Screencap thread, post #29, 7th & 8th ones down. Either that is her or I am really lucky.
    You are really lucky - that is Robin (whose hair is not as red as Michelle's)

FORT Newbie

My husband David is playing this year against me and he actually got all 15 correct... I missed one...

Sounds like your husband might have the chance to take you to Barbados!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by momoutoftime;2851201;
    My husband David is playing this year against me and he actually got all 15 correct... I missed one...
    That is really smart! LOL I should have had my mom, and 2 sisters playing it with me and we should have all put a different girl for the 15th girl so we could have a better chance at winning the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by momoutoftime;2851201;
    momoutoftime -- maybe your husband will win the trip and take you to Barbados!

I got 14/15. Missed the last one by ONE letter (Michelle P, & I chose Michelle R). Didn't even make the high scorers' page.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2851207;
    Sounds like your husband might have the chance to take you to Barbados!
    I think that sounds like a plan..

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2851232;
    momoutoftime -- maybe your husband will win the trip and take you to Barbados!

I got 14/15. Missed the last one by ONE letter (Michelle P, & I chose Michelle R). Didn't even make the high scorers' page.
    Me too babe......you know.....I thought to myself....in the briefest of instances...."why is no one paying attention to this little red head....she has pale PALE skin?" as does the person "hiding" behind Matt.

DUUUHHHHHH.....I could kick myself too!!!!! BUUUGGGAARRRRR!!!!!!