Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carri Perrier****SPOILERS***

TEAM SHAYNE~Pres. SLCE DRAMA101's Avatar

Re: Carri Perrier****SPOILERS***

Lovely, lovely girl. From what I have seen of her, I would imagine that she would go far..I love her personality..Carri the can biter...If she doesn't go far, maybe it's because she needed new teeth. She's adorable...
    I would love to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DRAMA101;2843608;
    Lovely, lovely girl. From what I have seen of her, I would imagine that she would go far..I love her personality..Carri the can biter...If she doesn't go far, maybe it's because she needed new teeth. She's adorable...:)
    ITA, DRAMA101! It looks like she's not in the final 4, but I will be rooting for her while she's there. I wonder if she's the one who left because she refused to do something distasteful... She looks like she knows how to have fun, but I think she would have no problem standing up for what she believes in.

Here's the article the Tulsa World wrote on Carri:
    Tulsa World: Reality romance

Interesting how the pageant girls and the sorority girls apply for the Bachelor. But, after all, it is much like a beauty competition and sorority rush.

Ironically, it turns out she went to school with my nieces in Bartlesville! They are younger than Carri, so they knew of her, but didn't hang out with her.

FORT Newbie

I just want to thank all of you for all your sweet comments about Carri!

[edit]

Everything you all have said about her is true... and I hope more people can see her strength and pro woman mindset during the airing of this show.

At some point people will realize that the things these girls do on this show is encouraged by the production staff! Not unlike American Idol they find a little thing about each girl and they exploit it! These women are quarantined with cameras everywhere and booze flowing all hours of the day! They convince the girls that the “silly” little things they did last night were a GREAT idea!

So thanks for the positive thoughts and comments! Go team CARRI!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 03-18-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Aw, thank you for the wonderful message Lilly1872! Carri seems like an incredible woman with a bright future ahead of her.

Yes, we do know about the producers' manipulations and antics, and do try to see around it. It is unfortunate that this does have to happen to those on the show. Very unfortunate.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Still Single

Oklahoma’s Carri Perrier received a peck on the cheek from Matt Grant but no rose on Monday night’s episode of “The Bachelor.”

British financier Matt Grant may not have given Oklahoma’s Carri Perrier a rose at Monday night’s rose ceremony, meaning she won’t return to the next episode of “The Bachelor: London Calling,” but that’s OK with her.

“It’s one guy,” she said in a phone interview Wednesday.

“It just happens to be on TV where everyone can go ‘Oh, she didn’t get a rose.’ But he’s just one guy in the whole scheme of things. I really do hope for the best for him and hopehe fi nds t rue love. He’s a great guy and a great catch. Hopefully, he really will find what he’s looking for.”

Perrier, 25, was one of 25 women competing for “The Bachelor’s” affections.

On last week’s season opener, 10 women were eliminated. Carri was one of 15 remaining who, in Monday’s episode, were divided into two groups for a shared date with Grant. Her group was whisked away to Las Vegas for an evening of gambling and some one-onone time with “The Bachelor.”

Her first impression of Grant: “He’s a stud. He’s so cute and I’m a sucker for tall guys. That’s a major plus. He’s just a gentleman.”

From the start, the whole experience was a
    bit nervewracking for the Oklahoma City University graduate student and director of marketing and welcoming ministries for St. Luke’s Church in Oklahoma City.

“I’m not a very assertive person in relationships, so it was kind of hard for me because I was thinking ‘How do I get noticed? How do I get to spend time with him in the midst of all these other girls who are dynamic and outgoing and loud?’ So I was kind of nervous going into it.

But, in the end, I think we all just had a really good time.”

It was Perrier’s special talent, not her opera singing, that garnered her attention in the group on the reality TV show message boards. She could bite a tin can in half, which she demonstrated for Grant.

“It’s just a crazy, stupid human trick I have been able to do forever,” she said, laughing. “It’s nothing really special to me. We were aske d if we could do any stupid human tricks, and I said I could do this but I hadn’t done it for, like, six years. . . .

“I had a teeth cleaning appointment the next day, and I was afraid my dentist had watched the show and would say something but he didn’t. Except ‘no cavities.’ ”

A “huge” fan of the show, Perrier was nominated by her roommate (they had talkedaboutit first) and said she was surprised to receive an e-mail from an ABC producer asking for more information. She didn’t hesitate.

“I’m an optimist,” said the former pageant winner who is working on her master’s in leadership management and volunteers with the Heartland Crisis Service Center in Oklahoma City.

“I really am. I’m one of those saps who’s a romantic and believes in true love. There’s always a possibility.”

But true love on reality TV is tough to find, as “Bachelor” fans know. Of the 11 previous would-be “Bachelors,” the majority are no longer with the person they chose on the show. Only former “Bachelorette” Trista and bachelor Ryan are married and have a baby.

Perrier said her goal was to be herself and see if there was a connection with Grant.

“I think what was important to me in looking for someone to potentially spend the rest of my life with was to be that genuine person,” said Perrier, one of seven children of Bartlesville’s Cathy and Jim Perrier. “Thankfully, I was raised in a good family with a strong sense of morals and character, and I work for a church. So those things have always been important to me.

For TV, you weren’t going to get anything different. That’s me through and through.”

She never worried about how she would be portrayed on the show or how the footage would be edited.

“Our family motto is, ‘If you can’t talk about what you’re doing, you probably shouldn’t be doing it,’” Perrier said. “I told the other girls that if I went to an interview and talked about them, I would tell them. I think that is where the outbursts (on the show) come from. You have to be able to have open lines of communication.”

Not interested in the entertainment industry, Perrier said she will finish her graduate degree in approximately a year and will stay in Oklahoma City. She would like to go into politics.

“Fameis fleeting. I have modeled on the side for years, but I really feel like you get your sense of fulfillment from what you do in life. I love the people in Oklahoma.

“They have given me so much and I have so much to give back.”

Tulsa World: Still Single

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;2872751;
    Still Single

Oklahoma’s Carri Perrier received a peck on the cheek from Matt Grant but no rose on Monday night’s episode of “The Bachelor.”

British financier Matt Grant may not have given Oklahoma’s Carri Perrier a rose at Monday night’s rose ceremony, meaning she won’t return to the next episode of “The Bachelor: London Calling,” but that’s OK with her.

“It’s one guy,” she said in a phone interview Wednesday.

“It just happens to be on TV where everyone can go ‘Oh, she didn’t get a rose.’ But he’s just one guy in the whole scheme of things. I really do hope for the best for him and hopehe fi nds t rue love. He’s a great guy and a great catch. Hopefully, he really will find what he’s looking for.”

Perrier, 25, was one of 25 women competing for “The Bachelor’s” affections.

On last week’s season opener, 10 women were eliminated. Carri was one of 15 remaining who, in Monday’s episode, were divided into two groups for a shared date with Grant. Her group was whisked away to Las Vegas for an evening of gambling and some one-onone time with “The Bachelor.”

Her first impression of Grant: “He’s a stud. He’s so cute and I’m a sucker for tall guys. That’s a major plus. He’s just a gentleman.”

From the start, the whole experience was a
    bit nervewracking for the Oklahoma City University graduate student and director of marketing and welcoming ministries for St. Luke’s Church in Oklahoma City.

“I’m not a very assertive person in relationships, so it was kind of hard for me because I was thinking ‘How do I get noticed? How do I get to spend time with him in the midst of all these other girls who are dynamic and outgoing and loud?’ So I was kind of nervous going into it.

But, in the end, I think we all just had a really good time.”

It was Perrier’s special talent, not her opera singing, that garnered her attention in the group on the reality TV show message boards. She could bite a tin can in half, which she demonstrated for Grant.

“It’s just a crazy, stupid human trick I have been able to do forever,” she said, laughing. “It’s nothing really special to me. We were aske d if we could do any stupid human tricks, and I said I could do this but I hadn’t done it for, like, six years. . . .

“I had a teeth cleaning appointment the next day, and I was afraid my dentist had watched the show and would say something but he didn’t. Except ‘no cavities.’ ”

A “huge” fan of the show, Perrier was nominated by her roommate (they had talkedaboutit first) and said she was surprised to receive an e-mail from an ABC producer asking for more information. She didn’t hesitate.

“I’m an optimist,” said the former pageant winner who is working on her master’s in leadership management and volunteers with the Heartland Crisis Service Center in Oklahoma City.

“I really am. I’m one of those saps who’s a romantic and believes in true love. There’s always a possibility.”

But true love on reality TV is tough to find, as “Bachelor” fans know. Of the 11 previous would-be “Bachelors,” the majority are no longer with the person they chose on the show. Only former “Bachelorette” Trista and bachelor Ryan are married and have a baby.

Perrier said her goal was to be herself and see if there was a connection with Grant.

“I think what was important to me in looking for someone to potentially spend the rest of my life with was to be that genuine person,” said Perrier, one of seven children of Bartlesville’s Cathy and Jim Perrier. “Thankfully, I was raised in a good family with a strong sense of morals and character, and I work for a church. So those things have always been important to me.

For TV, you weren’t going to get anything different. That’s me through and through.”

She never worried about how she would be portrayed on the show or how the footage would be edited.

“Our family motto is, ‘If you can’t talk about what you’re doing, you probably shouldn’t be doing it,’” Perrier said. “I told the other girls that if I went to an interview and talked about them, I would tell them. I think that is where the outbursts (on the show) come from. You have to be able to have open lines of communication.”

Not interested in the entertainment industry, Perrier said she will finish her graduate degree in approximately a year and will stay in Oklahoma City. She would like to go into politics.

“Fameis fleeting. I have modeled on the side for years, but I really feel like you get your sense of fulfillment from what you do in life. I love the people in Oklahoma.

“They have given me so much and I have so much to give back.”

Tulsa World: Still Single
    cc you beat me to it. I just read that in our paper this morning. I get the Tulsa World.

FoRTers need to email the local papers when we know where a Bachelorette is from.

I emailed a few times back & forth with this reporter in early March and glad she was able to get in not only 1 article, but two in the Tulsa World about Carri.

So, for the upcoming Bachelorette season, we can use our detective work to get more info from their hometown papers (who want to promote their locals).

FORT Fogey

She sounds like a well-rounded young lady to me. With her sense of humor, good disposition, and fine traits and qualities, I don't foresee that she will have difficulty in the future finding Mr. Right when the time is right.

FORT Fanatic

About the can biting: “It’s nothing really special to me. We were asked if we could do any stupid human tricks, and I said I could do this but I hadn’t done it for, like, six years. . . ."
    -------
    no doubt producers must have encouraged all the singing too, lol !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast