Page 52 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Body, Lip and Facial Communication Bachelor 12 *SPOILERS*

FORT Newbie

Re: Body, Lip and Facial Communication Bachelor 12 *SPOILERS*

I think that KWTaylor hits the nail on the head with the Shayne/Matt analogy - he is really into this girl. But, with Amanda it is not there. I don't see the chemistry going on. When Matt kissed Shayne several times before the RC - the connection was real. During the date with Amanda - they enjoyed each other but nothing like the lightning that occurs with Shayne. I was not committed to Shayne at first, but as the story continues how could it be any other way. They look into each others eyes and the magic is there. In Vegas during last weeks show, Shayne stands across the room watching Robin and Matt at the piano and Shayne and Matt's eyes are on each other. It was a dead give away then.

FORT Regular

My DH thought Matt had the ladies names written on his hand because he kept glancing at his left palm. Did anyone else catch this?
    ~ Kirsten ~

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanore Roosevelt

Lynn: Again, I LOVE your observations, they're very interesting. I've long believed that the best way to interpret what emotion is actually occuring you need to turn down the volume. I think that you are super observant and you do a great job of describing your observations and conclusions.
    LOVE what you said here to: LYNNE7 : said: "Kelly: "I witness you being the biggest fun out of the whole group. The funny thing is that I don't see that so much, with me, because you seem to be more interested in the group of girls than with me." See ya on Intervention If you watch his expression after she reveals herself he is holding back from laughing but check out his eyes. He's looking around the room not sure what to do next. It's hilarious."

I agree, this was absolutely and you do a great job of describing it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by keg701;2903418;
    My DH thought Matt had the ladies names written on his hand because he kept glancing at his left palm. Did anyone else catch this?
    Keg!! Great to see you

I didn't really notice Matt doing that but, you never know. You'd think the guy would know the names of the girls by now

I'd love to read your impressions so far. I've been kind of on my own this season with the lip reading and whatnot and I think Lemondrop isn't feeling well enough to participate this time.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2902519;
    Who's to say she wasn't pulled? We weren't close enough to see how it went down. Anyway, I think the story of the night is the change in Matt - from the 2:1 date to the RC, serious Matt emerged. For the first time since the beginning he kept saying he was there to find love.

I agree and cheer at Lynn7's description of the Amanda date. She also had a change of attitude - no more Ms. Rerserved - serve up "bad girl" Amanda. I think he really needed to see that...that she could step out of her comfort zone.

His interaction with Shayne was strange, as usual. He's pulling back and going in at the same time...really conflicted. At the beginning of tennis he gave his thoughts on Chelsea, so that even though we haven't seen much interaction in order to gage their chemistry, he sure is feeling the physical part of it.

You could really tell (without being an expert) that tonight he knew who was going home by distance and hardening of his face. He called out both Ashlee and Kelly...and his face went stoically British as if to say there was nothing they could say.

Thanks Lynn7 for providing a wonderful recap that confirms what I saw thoughout the show.
    Last night's rose ceremony reminded me SO MUCH of the one immediately following Andy & Tessa's cinderella date. He suddenly pulled back from the rest of the girls-- the point that Bevin noticed and pointed it out to him.

I REALLY hate to say we need to watch next week's show again, but I went ahead and did it. If we see some alone time with Amanda, then I think she's definitely F1. If we don't, then somehow she's not.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2903427;
    Keg!! Great to see you

I didn't really notice Matt doing that but, you never know. You'd think the guy would know the names of the girls by now

I'd love to read your impressions so far. I've been kind of on my own this season with the lip reading and whatnot and I think Lemondrop isn't feeling well enough to participate this time.
    I have not had time to re-watch any episodes yet, but am going to make the effort. I think he does have a lot of facial expressions that should help figure out what he is thinking.
    ~ Kirsten ~

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2903429;
    Last night's rose ceremony reminded me SO MUCH of the one immediately following Andy & Tessa's cinderella date. He suddenly pulled back from the rest of the girls-- the point that Bevin noticed and pointed it out to him.

I REALLY hate to say we need to watch next week's show again, but I went ahead and did it. If we see some alone time with Amanda, then I think she's definitely F1. If we don't, then somehow she's not.
    I'm interested in your opinion upon re-watching the episode, that, imo, is the best way to truly see what happened. It's interesting that you and Lynn7 both say that Matt pulled back. This is something that a casual viewer would not necessarily have picked up. Also, I absolutely agree that Amanda and Matt need to be shown in the EDIT with alone time or she's not F1. It doesn't have to be without doubt positive alone time, but the F1 MUST have a certain amount of screen time. This has always been the case.

We will continue to see the Shayne show, she's the clear star to me, but not necessarily the F1.

You ladies have given me more to look for in the next show. I'd expect to see Matt acting less like the "frat guy at a toga party" and more like someone who is avidly pursuing true love of an individual girl. This will hold my interest for the next show, I needed a reason to watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by knobbyknee;2903417;
    I think that KWTaylor hits the nail on the head with the Shayne/Matt analogy - he is really into this girl. But, with Amanda it is not there. I don't see the chemistry going on. When Matt kissed Shayne several times before the RC - the connection was real. During the date with Amanda - they enjoyed each other but nothing like the lightning that occurs with Shayne. I was not committed to Shayne at first, but as the story continues how could it be any other way. They look into each others eyes and the magic is there. In Vegas during last weeks show, Shayne stands across the room watching Robin and Matt at the piano and Shayne and Matt's eyes are on each other. It was a dead give away then.
    Initally I thought the same as you on Matt's look to Shayne. In the screencap it looks so sexy, but I went back and watched it and it happens so quickly and I almost get the feeling that it's a "don't think I don't see you watching us" rather than an "I want you" as the still sc implies.
    Not to say he's not totally into her but at that moment that may not be what he was trying to communicate since that is part of scene where she appears to be spying on his every 1 on 1 time during the prc.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by knobbyknee;2903417;
    Again, is it what you 'want' to see or are there examples that you can give which would support a deep bond, beyond the once over in Vegas, such as I pointed out in post #506.

Incidentally, I don't know if you read the interpretation of that moment in Vegas but the way he squints his eyes it was more of a reassuring look and not lust or love at first sight. Like, "I'll be with you in a moment," or "you'll get your turn."

Kind of interesting that she comes out and makes sure each of the girls get 'their turn' with Matt and yet in Vegas she didn't want to share.
    Last edited by Lynn7; 04-08-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;2903263;
    Matt came in to the RC seeming much more somber and we nearly solely saw him questioning the girls on a different level. Even Matt's seriousness on the 2-1 was interesting to me. He was suddenly doing much more questioning of 'real issues' and motives (indirectly) and trying to gauge things.

But back to the RC, his whole demeanor was very different, IMO, at the RC tonight:

The immediate disclaimer about the tough day.

Despite saying he wasn't going to be somber at the CH glass-clinking time because he was when he walked in, there was definitely still a difference in him.

Needless to say, my watching of the show left me noting a marked difference in Matt tonight at the RC, not only a difference between previous RC's, but just a difference in his demeanor in general. And it ALL seemed to start AFTER Amanda's date. Not after the Shayne winery date where we saw some definite serious conversation, or after multiple previous kisses and good time with Matt and Shayne or Matt and Chelsea.

If the comments by both Matt and CH are accurate, and there was a change in Matt mid-taping when he began to take it more seriously, I would be SHOCKED if that was NOT what we just saw last night. There was just SO much that changed in his interaction with all of the girls, and the way he seemed to be approaching it all, that even if I hadn't seen that quote, I would have commented...it just was such a marked change to me.
    It almost could have been the tale of two bachelor's!
    The difference in Matt at the RC and the Matt before.
    Before it seemed like he was having a good time and it was all fun and games, and then SOMETHING changed (not ready to even try to guess what, but there was a hugh change) and all the sudden he is serious and is ready to get down to business....

I loved the questions he asked each girl, it was like he had the same concerns about some of them that we all did, and he actually voiced them and wanted answers, and not just what they thought he wanted to hear, but real answers to real life questions, it was great! I was like....way to go Matt! This is what I wanted to see from the Bachelor, I was so impressed.

The only thing that bothered me is we saw nothing pre-RC with Matt and Robin, I wanted to see the solid questions he asked her, but then, those might have given too much away as to who is leaving next, but I really wanted to see where they really.

Now I can't wait for next week to see which Matt shows up.
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"