Page 51 of 180 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Body, Lip and Facial Communication Bachelor 12 *SPOILERS*

Re: Body, Lip and Facial Communication Bachelor 12 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2902953;
    Yeah she definitely went for that one. Honestly, I just don't see it with him and AManda. I think that they like each other, are comfortable with one another, but I don't see any physical chemistry at all. Since it seems clear that Amanda leaves f3, it makes sense--they don't have that special something. I've never seen that with them, the way he looks at her or anything. Now, with shayne, last night that moment at the rc was one of the sweetest moments i have ever seen on the bachelor. He is smitten for sure. With Chelsea, he seems to be really feeling her also. They haven't shown as much of her with him, but he seems much more interested in shayne and chelsea to me than amanda.
    Take another look at that kiss with the TV muted. You might think diffently about it. I know I did. He did not kiss anyone sincerely or ( open mouth) after he came off that Date with Amanda. He had them all on their toes at that RC , and Good for him, it's about time he is showing some back bone. Yet they showed him more natural and playful with Amanda and Chelsea at the end. He already knows and didn't have to show that seriousness and forcefulness with them. For me it definetly seperated the mature from the immature JMO

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ligiacristi;2902757;
    That was great Lynn, thanks for your comments on the episode 2 and ur last recap, I didn't see it yet but it's a promising date I'll be hopefully watching!!!I confess that by the pictures I was was already expecting she would be a bit like Sandy on Grease!!Trying to be a bad girl!!!! I was wondering if there was any comment from Matt describing their date!!If so, what did he say??????I'm hoping they didn't hide it from us!!!!It would be a SHAME!!!!!!
    I can't remember exactly when and haven't yet gone back to watch, but either in the car or on one of the rides, Matt did say, "This is the best date!"

I don't think it's just because he likes thrill rides...

Thanks Lynn,
    I can't wait to watch it!!!!!!!!I want to see that Shayne's scene and see if I notice something else....

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2902163;
    Matt's body language was very very different with Shayne tonite - she also seemed to be a bit tipsy again too - uuummmmm - it sure makes me wonder if he is wondering himself
    Even more interesting to me since it followed the time with Amanda.

I wish we knew what went on during the day following Amanda's date and prior to the 2-1 with Marshana and Holly. A "down" day of no real taping for him, perhaps? Some time to actually think and process?

So that puts the RC, what, somewhere around 48 hours after his date with Amanda? We know he says "yesterday" was difficult, in reference to the 2-1 date, so it's got to be close to 48 hours later.

Matt came in to the RC seeming much more somber and we nearly solely saw him questioning the girls on a different level. Even Matt's seriousness on the 2-1 was interesting to me. He was suddenly doing much more questioning of 'real issues' and motives (indirectly) and trying to gauge things.

But back to the RC, his whole demeanor was very different, IMO, at the RC tonight:

The immediate disclaimer about the tough day.

Much more intolerant of Ashlee's little girlness and incessant giggling at sometimes inappropriate points in the conversation (yet she wasn't doing any more of that than she had all along, and he didn't seem overly disturbed by it earlier).

Suddenly they DO really show him more with Noelle, despite knowing she had time on the tennis date, but we also saw some more serious conversation; almost like something happened between the dates where he realized 'this quiet girl' who may not have stood out as much as some of the others because she wasn't demanding like them, had some real potential.

The whole Kelly thing, which may have prompted some giggles and smart comments like he did about the Stacey stunt at the first RC, instead got zero response of that sort.

Very different, in my observation, interaction with Shayne tonight. Not overly tolerant of her...whatever you want to call it...and while physical with her, also more reserved.

Despite saying he wasn't going to be somber at the CH glass-clinking time because he was when he walked in, there was definitely still a difference in him.

I wish that we had seem him with Robin tonight, of the girls without roses going into it, she's the one I'd have been interested to see if there was a change with, as well.

Needless to say, my watching of the show left me noting a marked difference in Matt tonight at the RC, not only a difference between previous RC's, but just a difference in his demeanor in general. And it ALL seemed to start AFTER Amanda's date. Not after the Shayne winery date where we saw some definite serious conversation, or after multiple previous kisses and good time with Matt and Shayne or Matt and Chelsea.

If the comments by both Matt and CH are accurate, and there was a change in Matt mid-taping when he began to take it more seriously, I would be SHOCKED if that was NOT what we just saw last night. There was just SO much that changed in his interaction with all of the girls, and the way he seemed to be approaching it all, that even if I hadn't seen that quote, I would have commented...it just was such a marked change to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pride Mom;2903229;
    I can't remember exactly when and haven't yet gone back to watch, but either in the car or on one of the rides, Matt did say, "This is the best date!"

I don't think it's just because he likes thrill rides...
    Wowwwwwww, maybe it's the girl.....
    Though men love cars, adrenaline, and rock and roll....that date looked like GREASE....she was his Sandy....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2902953;
    Yeah she definitely went for that one. Honestly, I just don't see it with him and AManda. I think that they like each other, are comfortable with one another, but I don't see any physical chemistry at all. Since it seems clear that Amanda leaves f3, it makes sense--they don't have that special something. I've never seen that with them, the way he looks at her or anything. Now, with shayne, last night that moment at the rc was one of the sweetest moments i have ever seen on the bachelor. He is smitten for sure. With Chelsea, he seems to be really feeling her also. They haven't shown as much of her with him, but he seems much more interested in shayne and chelsea to me than amanda.
    I think that when people pick a favourite that what is actually happening onscreen is clouded by what they 'want' to see.

With the 1 on 1 with Shayne at the pre-rose ceremony the first thing we hear him say is, "I noticed you were standing back a little bit, what's up with that?" There is a noticable distance in how he is sitting. His legs aren't pointing toward her. He crosses legs in such a way that his left leg is facing away from her indicating a lack of physical interest. We see him leaning back, away from her, reading as keeping his distance, wanting more space from her. He glances away from her while she's telling him that she knows how she feels for him and she's hoping he feels the same way. This could be a producer in the background distracting him. He raises his eyebrows and looks away from her when she tells him that she just wants him to send everyone else away. He's concerned and surprised that she would say this because he obviously knows how friendly she is with the other girls. He laughs, at one point, when she is saying she wouldn't be there if she didn't want to be with him but it is more of a smirk and a chuckle and it comes across like he isn't really reacting to what we are shown she is saying at the time. Still we see him facing away from her, while she is talking, and his arm is limply around her reading as disinterested. Compare that to the talk he and Robin had, what, two weeks ago? He was facing Robin the entire time and kissed her with far more interest.

The next thing we see is Shayne cuddled up to him and her legs are across his. He kisses her rather lightly on the lips; almost a peck kind of a kiss (I think the music makes it seem like there was more to it), strokes her hair in a parental or soothing kind of way and then envelopes her in a hug (protective). The whole scene seemed odd to me because, for most of it, he is reading as disinterested, skeptical and then, all of a sudden, he hugs her and kisses her on the top of her head.

Physical chemistry, to be sure, is a matter of opinion. Physical body language, well, it doesn't lie. So, if there is a great deal of physical interaction then this supports physical chemistry.

During the Matt/Amanda date we are shown:
    Matt giving Amanda a big, tight hug when he picks her up for the date and a kiss on the lips
    Matt reaching out to hold her hand before they start walking around to look at cars (possessive-she's with me)
    Matt putting his arm around her and pulling her close to him (want to be close to her)
    Matt wrapping his arms around her while they kiss, grasping his hands behind her back to keep her close (doesn't want to let her go)
    Matt touching and stroking her hair (a fairly intimate and tender thing to do-can't get close enough to her)
    Very little distance between them throughout the date
    Lots of smiles, laughter and the affectionate eyes didn't stop throughout the date

During the Matt/Shayne date we are shown:
    Matt doesn't give a hug but, rather, a kiss on either cheek when he picks her up at the house
    He does reach out his hand to her but it was helpful not possessive. It more than likely had to do with Matt being given a heads up about the mishaps with the stairs last season so he was helping her down the last few steps)
    We can't see his eyes during the drive there but there are no real smiles, there is no physical interaction by him. He does smile to her when she's doing that rah rah thing about going to a winery.
    Matt is holding Shayne's hand while they walk toward the clubhouse but, again, there is no real expression on his face
    While there are some shots of a humourous look in his eyes earlier in the date there isn't bliss and, for the most part, there are far more expressions in his eyes of skepticism (slightly squinted eyes), seriousness and exasperation as opposed to happy, enamoured and affectionate.
    He has his hand up on his neck a few times and leans his chin against a slightly fisted hand while talking to her which reads as a little anxious, maybe even a little bored or disinterested.

I meant to add that I like all F4 girls. I think they did a fairly good job with the girls this year.

Lynn, I just love your posts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachlorfan;2903210;
    Lynn, I can't see him picking anyone other then Amanda either. Lynn, I f you have the show taped , can you go back to the Kiss in the diner and read some lips? Right after they kiss , he says something to her and she responds, but the camera is pulling away and we can't hear it because of a VO. But something is being said. See if you can pick up on it. Thanks.
    I can't make out what he is saying (the angle is too sharp) but it looks like she's saying, "I did too," in response to what he was saying.

It could have been any one of these:
    Matt: "I liked the milkshake that we shared." Amanda: "I did too."

Matt: "I sucked at dancing." Amanda: "I did too."

Matt: "I enjoyed that kiss." Amanda: "I did too."

In all seriousness, I think it was about enjoying the kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2903358;
    I can't make out what he is saying (the angle is too sharp) but it looks like she's saying, "I did too," in response to what he was saying.

It could have been any one of these:
    Matt: "I liked the milkshake that we shared." Amanda: "I did too."

Matt: "I sucked at dancing." Amanda: "I did too."

Matt: "I enjoyed that kiss." Amanda: "I did too."

In all seriousness, I think it was about enjoying the kiss.
    Thanks Lynn, I thought it might be about the kiss too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;2903263;
    Even more interesting to me since it followed the time with Amanda.

But back to the RC, his whole demeanor was very different, IMO, at the RC tonight:

The immediate disclaimer about the tough day.

Much more intolerant of Ashlee's little girlness and incessant giggling at sometimes inappropriate points in the conversation (yet she wasn't doing any more of that than she had all along, and he didn't seem overly disturbed by it earlier).

The whole Kelly thing, which may have prompted some giggles and smart comments like he did about the Stacey stunt at the first RC, instead got zero response of that sort.

If the comments by both Matt and CH are accurate, and there was a change in Matt mid-taping when he began to take it more seriously, I would be SHOCKED if that was NOT what we just saw last night. There was just SO much that changed in his interaction with all of the girls, and the way he seemed to be approaching it all, that even if I hadn't seen that quote, I would have commented...it just was such a marked change to me.
    I pulled out the comments that stood out to me.

He sure was different after his date with Amanda. We see him on the tennis date being playful and goofy and, whamo, at the rose ceremony he's serious, mature, impatient with some of the girls.

Even after he'd sent Holly home and he'd attempted to try to make the kiss with Marshana look good and later, she's holding onto him for dear life, yet again, and he says, "I'm really here, hand on heart (I'll detail the facial expression below), I'm here to find the one, this is the hard part about that (then he wistfully looks off)."

The facial expression that he exhibits when he's talking about hand on heart, eyebrows raised, eyes blink, nodding the negative, eyes amused or surprised, was surprising. I think our fellow has realized that one girl in particular has brought him back to his original focus and he's a little stunned that it happened. He isn't saying this 'to' Marshana but, the way he's expressing himself is that he's using her as a confidant. He's voicing what he has been thinking and is surprised to realize that he is here to find the one and that she could be in the group of remaining women. Recognition verified he gets down to business.

With Ashlee: "But, can there be more. We can't always rely on looks and music." "The thing is that there might not be the option for a full day together." See ya!

With Kelly: "I witness you being the biggest fun out of the whole group. The funny thing is that I don't see that so much, with me, because you seem to be more interested in the group of girls than with me." See ya on Intervention If you watch his expression after she reveals herself he is holding back from laughing but check out his eyes. He's looking around the room not sure what to do next. It's hilarious.
    Last edited by Lynn7; 04-08-2008 at 02:48 PM.