Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun With Bachelor 12

Re: Fun With Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie;2942921;
    I do not have anything against Noelle or any of the participants in the show. If I come across as mean spirited in my attempt to satirize what has been an ongoing heated debate on this board, please accept my humble apology.
    No, no, no, I was joking. Please accept my humble apology for not being clearer about that! I thought your piece was wonderful, and I meant to teasingly imply that Noelle could do a lot better than Matt.

THANK YOU, Scoobie ~ You are my hero.
    I watch the show and read these boards for FUN! and it seemed to me to be getting *way* too serious here lately, w/ all the fun leaching out in the process ... My own attempts to inject some levity back into the process [see my own speculative ending in the 'Narrowing the field - Final 2/4 Spoilers/Speculation?' thread I'll re-post here] sadly didn’t help -- I hope it didn't offend people?
    I just happen to agree with beautiful roses in her last hilarious recap -- I choose to take this show, every time, with a bit of cheese!
    We can sit here all day bemoaning how we are Fleissed, and choosing to take offense, or we can just take the show for what it is, with a grain of a salt [I know! with salt, with cheese, I can’t keep a metaphor straight if a ruler and level comes with it, heeee]
    I personally love this show, find it hilarious, can’t get enough of it – hence, why I read these boards , for more behind-the-scenes tidbits and hilarity.
    I also personally LIKE all the remaining women and think they each have good qualities [I surely couldn’t say that every year] and I thoroughly enjoy Matt’s sense of humor – just wished they showed more of it. I’d invite him to my house for a visit any time [and I surely couldn’t say THAT every year!].
    So I’m not gonna complain how the show’s been ‘ruined.’ Seriously – what high state of grace did we have too fall *from*?? I’ve been watching [on & off] since Season 1 and really?? was Alex’s love story something to aspire to?? phhbbbbbbbttttt I don’t think so…
    Don’t get me completely wrong – I want to see a lasting love story as much as the next watcher!!!! And it would thrill me to no end if Matt and *whomever* he picks live happily ever after.
    I just [sadly] know that the whole premise of the show – a guy dates 25 women over a period of 4-6 weeks and is supposed to be ready to commit to marry one of them at the end?? – is not too conducive to that happening …
    So I just enjoy it while it lasts.
    Oh, yeah, just one more fun tidbit to throw out there for those who are outraged because it’s been leaked there’s a ‘proposal’ and they disagree that Matt’s ready for it …
    I think it’s, uh, NMB if he’s ready or not – but, more hilariously, I also think there’s MANY things a man could ‘propose,’ besides marriage…..!
    This is supposed to be a fun thread!
    PLEASE feel free to come up with silly, snarky or otherwise fun things he could propose instead and post them here!
    xox Sending out love to all the FORTers xox
    MayBaby

Re: Narrowing the field - Final 2/4 Spoilers/Speculation?
    MayBaby wrote:
    ok, bear with me if I’m wrong, but I *think* I’ve read all the spoiler threads so far but have yet to read this speculative ending for the Most. Dramatic. Rose. Ceremony. EVER!
    Here’s the true [wink] scenario:
    F2 arrives, looking regally lovely, to the FRC. Matt, dashingly handsome in his dark suit, welcomes her and begins to let her down easy, in the charmingly British-accented way only he could achieve – but before he can continue, F2 stops him and says that she can’t allow him to finish; that although the two of them share an *amazing*connection* [drink! drink!], she has realized that it is not meant to be, that they both would be more *brilliant* with some one else [drink like fishes!! not only for the terminology but because this is freaking UNPRECEDENTED!] Hooray for great tv so far!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They embrace and say their goodbyes and F2 walks away, with Matt’s eyes following her all the way out, admiring both her graceful beauty and her astonishing class.
    - Pause for commercial break while ABC tries to sell the shocked viewers any number of things. And then finally –
    F1 arrives.
    Matt’s eyes light up when he sees her and he can hardly wait for her to arrive at the podium. Almost immediately, overcome by his emotion, he casts himself down on one knee, whips out the diamond ring, professes his love and proposes.
    At this, F1 brushes back a tear, pulls him to his feet and tearfully tells him that – although the two of them share an *amazing*connection* [drink!drink!], she has realized that it is just not meant to be, there is someone else - ! and as the audience swoons, it is revealed that the ‘someone else’ is F2!!!!!!!! who reappears, and F2 and F1 walk off into the sunset together …
    At this of course all pandemonium breaks loose and this explains the spoiler’s post who said that the cameraperson walked or ran off from behind the camera during the proposal –
    She was running after Matt!
    The camerawoman had apparently fallen for Matt’s charm and lightning wit from the first moment she laid eyes on him [and this would also explain some of the v unflattering filmage of some of the other women during the show...!] but didn’t think she had a chance until this moment. She pours out her heart to him, telling him all the things she loves about him and all the ways they’re right for each other, while Matt confusedly listens. They end up spending the week together in Barbados [p.s. she’s the fair-haired woman ‘in the biz’] – at which point, Matt realizes she’s right – they ARE perfect for each other!!
    Thrilled for a happy ending, ABC sets up *another* FRC ceremony where Matt proposes, CW [camerawoman] accepts – and TPTB have not one but TWO happy couples [of varying sexual persuasions to appeal to an even-larger viewing audience!] to present at the After the Final Rose Ceremony!
    [Hence CH's comment that *all* would be back on board after this happy ending].
    Hope that fits in w/ this Spoiler F2/4 speculation thread … as it does cover the last 4. heee
    Aaaiiiiieeeeee – I just burned the dinner I was cooking. I should definitely NOT become a fantasy romance author – we would all starve...
    xox MayBaby
    "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth..."

FORT Newbie

Scoobie and MayBaby, you both Rock! Don't know when I've laughed so hard! BTW, I adore Noelle; my bet is that she'd be laughing right along with us if she were to read the scenario.

"Noelle is home on the range with her family acting grandmotherly and talking to her agent. Then suddenly, Matt comes galloping up on the horse in front of the entire family. After allowing the animal to take a pit stop, he then sweeps Noelle up onto the back of his horse, and the two ride off into the sunset. In the next take, Chris Harrison then suddenly materializes out of thin air and there’s an altar set against a mountain backdrop. Trista and Ryan are also there for the ceremony and Trista announces to Bachelor America that she’s having another baby. Then they proceed to show forty seven minutes of Trista/ Ryan highlights. In the mean time, Brad Womack is also on hand to tend to the horse. We’ll make it seems like he has finally found his true love. Then Matt proposes, Noelle accepts, the Bachelor franchise is saved and Scoobie gets a raise.”

Thanks for the laughs! I vote for your raise, Scoobie!
    It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller ~and daughters.

scoobie and MayBaby, I commend you both for taking the stiff out of the stilted and at the same time trying to make sense of a senseless show. Truly for a happy trails ending, Matt should ride ventre a terre on a white horse and claim his true love - - before it wanders into another pasture and be lost to him forever.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 12

Ok kids read between the lines:

Shayne
    Amanda
    Chelsea

We have our F2

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles&BamBam;2952351;
    Ok kids read between the lines:

Shayne
    Amanda
    Chelsea

We have our F2

OOOOOOOOO very W I D E lines
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2952367;
    OOOOOOOOO very W I D E lines
    Help! I'm slow. What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;2952363;
    lkay325!
    Okay, in that case READ BETWEEN THESE LINES

Shayne
    Chelsea
    Amanda

We again have our F2

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles&BamBam;2952380;
    Okay, in that case READ BETWEEN THESE LINES

Shayne
    Chelsea
    Amanda

We again have our F2
    I'm confused...first Amanda is in the middle, now Chelsea...Amanda and Chelsea are the F2?
    Forever a Word Nerd