Page 8 of 433 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread ~ Spoilers

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread ~ Spoilers

I agree, Arielflies. It's good to see both Carri and Kyle put their celebrity to use for civic matters. I'm looking forward to seeing Carri on the Bachelor, and I too was sorry to see Kyle let go on American Idol. Being a judge in a National Anthem contest must have been quite a blast!

Lest I search the prior inquiries and intimate sleuthing all night, I require a sense of forthcoming in your teasing, please!! Where, why, how,when and what in the hell are you speaking about?

Well first generation american here. Mummy and family from Surrey. What I can tell you about British men is there feelings are not worn on their sleeves and it may be hard for them to get him to emit emotion in the final. British men are very unemotional unless you give them a few pints and then they just get obnoxiously annoying. Good luck, Fleiss. Only a seasoned woman could break one of them down.

Quote Originally Posted by veil360;2830452;
    Well first generation american here. Mummy and family from Surrey. What I can tell you about British men is there feelings are not worn on their sleeves and it may be hard for them to get him to emit emotion in the final. British men are very unemotional unless you give them a few pints and then they just get obnoxiously annoying. Good luck, Fleiss. Only a seasoned woman could break one of them down.
    Hee hee
    veil360 Hope you post some more ... we all need more insight about our British bachelor

seasoned woman ????

I am sure Matt will have many many opportunities for more than a few pints of some kind of alcohol ... perhaps the producers kept him well soused to get what they wanted

I think this is shaping up to be a very fun show
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I think the show title has to do with the song by the Clash..London Calling, and nothing to do with Winston Chirchill, imo.

Dang, now I have it going through my head! lol

Quote Originally Posted by bullymom;2830537;
    I think the show title has to do with the song by the Clash..London Calling, and nothing to do with Winston Chirchill, imo.

Dang, now I have it going through my head! lol

Me too! I haven't been able to get rid of the song since the first time I read the tagline. At this rate it may be a LONG season!

Seasoned as in bright and not intimidated and maybe a tad bit romantic in a very smart way. Affection scares many of them. She will have to work it but in a classy way that does not turn him off.

I posted this in the non-sleuther media thread but I am going to post it here too because I found out that the man mentioned in the article owns this property:

Anstley Hall

And he is a columnist -

John de Bruyne's entrepreneur's view:

John de Bruyne is a serial entrepreneur whose current project is Anstey Hall at Trumpington, the Lutyens house he has restored and turned into an exotic weddings venue and Cambridge's best kept secret bed and breakfast destination.

Link - CEN : Businesss : John de Bruyne

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2831478;

Matt looks for love on US show

A BACHELOR is looking for love among 25 women competing to be his bride in a US television show.

Matt Grant, from Histon, was spotted by a television scout and whisked away to Los Angeles to pick a lucky lady in the reality hit, The Bachelor.

The 27-year-old, who was working as a global financier in London when the scout approached him at a restaurant, attended Anglia Ruskin University and also worked at the Cambridge branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland.

The 12th series of the ABC reality show, where girls date Matt, compete for his affections and face eliminations each week, begins on March 17.

John de Bruyne, of Anstey Hall, Trumpington, will definitely be tuning in and believes 6ft 5in tall Matt will go on to be a big star.

Matt, the youngest of five brothers, dated John's daughter and lived with the family while he was looking for a flat.

And John said: "He's a Cambridge boy who changes job, goes to London and then all of a sudden gets whisked off to Hollywood.

"He's lovely, he's such a nice guy. I think he's going to be a famous actor now as the publicity is so huge. I was speaking to somebody in New York recently and his secretary had Matt's picture up as her screensaver."

John, who joked that in America Matt may not be quite as popular with the men as the ladies, added: "In the advert he says: 'I'm Matt, I'm from England and I've come to steal your women'."

Published: 07/03/2008 18:55:28

link: Matt looks for love on US show - Cambridge News
    Now I don't know if any filming was done at this location, so those in the know will have to say or but hey, the title of this forum is "spoilers and speculation" so I am speculating.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Maybe not as popular with the men? I suppose he means because he is going to steal our women. Anything else I should look at in that quote? Is straight I presume not bipolar, right. The estate, is that belonging to the family? Am confused

Quote Originally Posted by veil360;2831542;
    Maybe not as popular with the men? I suppose he means because he is going to steal our women. Anything else I should look at in that quote? Is straight I presume not bipolar, right. The estate, is that belonging to the family? Am confused
    I do believe that is what is meant by "not being popular with the men" - Matt is here to steal all the American women from men. Maybe it should be "not being popular with the American men"

No, the estate belongs to Matt's ex-girlfriend's family according to the article. I just though it was a possible place to film. I am totally speculating of course, no proof at all that it was even used.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.