Page 7 of 433 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread ~ Spoilers

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread ~ Spoilers

from: Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith of the The Hollywood Exclusive "We caught up with the more-put-together Fleiss just 15 minutes before shooting the finale of the "Bachelor," which he dubs as "craziness." "It's the most insane season so far. Our bachelor is British, and he hadn't watched the show so he was sort of unfiltered.
    Upon re-reading this quote it strikes me that the journalists and Fleiss were all in California. If not, the writers would have been the logical ones to tell the reader that they called or interviewed him in England where he was filming part of the next season of the Bachelor. Fleiss himself would not have needed to explain that the bachelor is British. It sounded like he was explaining it both to the writers as well as the readers.

Our bachelor is British, and he hadn't watched the show so he was sort of unfiltered.
    This is the sentence I picked up on...unfiltered means Matt didn't know production tricks and was easily trained to follow direction. Hmm...we'll see how that plays out.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2829770;
    This is the sentence I picked up on...unfiltered means Matt didn't know production tricks and was easily trained to follow direction. Hmm...we'll see how that plays out.
    Well if he is anything like most Brits I know he is perty opinionated. I have a british aunt and she is.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;2829797;
    Well if he is anything like most Brits I know he is perty opinionated. I have a british aunt and she is.
    Nennie you've got that right my MIL thinks I'm TOO opinionated. LOL.:nono

Quote Originally Posted by gurlbrit;2829887;
    Nennie you've got that right my MIL thinks I'm TOO opinionated. LOL.:nono
    What part of England is Matt from? My aunt is from Manchester. She was trying to inform me about Manchester United as if I didn't know who they were. JUST BEING THAT ENGLISH AUNT THAT SHE IS.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;2829913;
    What part of England is Matt from? My aunt is from Manchester. She was trying to inform me about Manchester United as if I didn't know who they were. JUST BEING THAT ENGLISH AUNT THAT SHE IS.
    Nennie According to the blurb that has been published about him, he's from Bishops Stortford which is in Hertfordshire. It's on the M-11 (M denoting a motorway - freeway). About 40 miles north (and slightly east) of central London, I was born in Reading, Berkshire, which is about 40 miles directly east of central London.

Manchester is in the north of England, I would guess around 200 miles north west of London.

Mapquest, has a pretty good mapping system of the UK. It's what I used to determine the mileage above. Not sure if I can put the link in here, so I won't but you can see where it is in relation to Manchester by going to mapquest UK.

Man U huh, I'm a Reading fan myself - the first time in my team's history to make it to the premiere division (sorry off topic I know).

Upon re-reading this quote it strikes me that the journalists and Fleiss were all in California. If not, the writers would have been the logical ones to tell the reader that they called or interviewed him in England where he was filming part of the next season of the Bachelor. Fleiss himself would not have needed to explain that the bachelor is British. It sounded like he was explaining it both to the writers as well as the readers.

Pajamasam Could they possibly have gone to meet the parent's in the UK and then done the Finale back in the US? Although its not been confirmed that they actually went to the UK has it?
    Last edited by gurlbrit; 03-07-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurlbrit;2830039;
    Pajamasam Could they possibly have gone to meet the parent's in the UK and then done the Finale back in the US? Although its not been confirmed that they actually went to the UK has it?
    I haven't heard of any corfirmation of an English FRC.

For network and production company reasons, especially given the Brad experience, it would more likely be shot in L.A. Network executives like to attend the wrap party.

They used to give interviews about that, before or during the airing of the show, but that has now dried up. I don't know of any specific sightings of network execs related to The Bachelor.

Given that Lost is ABC's only reliable hit airing new episode right now, ABC is hungry for ratings. The Bachelor's 9-11 million steady viewers mean a top 20 through March, as most of the other shows don't start airing new stuff until April. I'm expecting ABC to advertize the show all over the place. The don't have many shows to hype. That makes it strange how we don't have any real spoiler previews yet, as we're only ten days from the premiere.

I hate it when they cut it that close. I feel rushed to make my picks for the first week.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Could they possibly have gone to meet the parent's in the UK and then done the Finale back in the US? Although its not been confirmed that they actually went to the UK has it?
    Absolutely. I do think it was confirmed that they went to the UK for meet the parents. I assume they all flew back for the FRC.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2829704;
    Welcome back Cafegirl, we've missed you! By the way, you subscribed to getting The Bachelor emails from Google.com too!?!?!?! So did I! That is how obsessed I am with this show!
    I would love to get on that e-mail list too. Can you post the link? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bachlorfan;2830309;
    I would love to get on that e-mail list too. Can you post the link? Thanks
    I'll PM you the information on how to do it!!