Page 4 of 433 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread ~ Spoilers

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread ~ Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2822514;
    Who writes this junk, filled with run-on sentences and utterly banal word choices. My 6th grader knows better than to follow a "But" sentence fragment with a "However" sentence. Criminy.

JUST LOOK AT THIS UNGRAMMATICAL WRITING: A sexy game of rugby – Matt’s favorite English sport – a fun afternoon of tennis and English tea, a classic 50s Americana date, a home-cooked meal by the Bachelor himself and a glamorous group date on the snowy slopes of Sun Valley, Idaho, will test the ladies’ perseverance in pursuing their romantic objective, along with fun, exciting and exotic dates that will elicit real and raw passions. Read that 3 times and try to make sense of it.

The writers strike comes to mind, 3 months without work and the brain gets lazy. Next time they should get the educated Englishman to proof read it.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

At the abcmedia site I also noticed that the other release for The Bachelor on 3-3 - other than the show description - is Chris' biography. I found it odd that they posted it as a news release when normally they post bio info only under the Biography section. Ususally, they post bios for both the host and the star. Though they had a release introducing the new bachelor, they didn't place anything in the biography section for Matt. Curious.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Fractured English and content spin. Matt is now a "business development manager." The two Firedrake gals had to go because a famous film family's actress daughter is being featured. And Tessa's muffin joke reply when Andy asked, "Are WE the muffins?" has become the latest buzz phrase: "Quite possibly."

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatkid;2823459;
    Fractured English and content spin. Matt is now a "business development manager." The two Firedrake gals had to go because a famous film family's actress daughter is being featured. And Tessa's muffin joke reply when Andy asked, "Are WE the muffins?" has become the latest buzz phrase: "Quite possibly."
    ... who "works with" millionaires. That's ALMOST the same as BEING one ... unless you are his future wife.

Great catch on the Tessa quote. She was my all-time fave. Sporty, pretty, quick witted, fun loving, "well educated" (to quote Bettina!), grounded, and the opposite of the proto-typical fame-seeker, who seemlessly transitioned back to her real life, following the obligatory round of post-show publicity, leaving Fleiss & Co. far in the rear view mirror.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatkid;2823459;

Can you point me to where this was indicated as the new buzz phrase? I haven't been able to find it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2823722;
    Can you point me to where this was indicated as the new buzz phrase? I haven't been able to find it. Thank you.
    "Quite possibly," was Tessa's reply to Andy's comment "Are we those two muffins", itself in response to her muffin joke. Which as an aside, is a famous social science experiment in gauging eagerness to please. It's not a funny joke, nor intended as one. But if the hearer laughs, then the teller of the joke has learned something about the hearer. I always wanted to post this NY Times article about the joke, but in those (longed for?) days I didn't post and wasn't even registered.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/science/13tier.html

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Interesting... Thank you jlcaz... That really makes it much more interesting why Tessa told that joke. Very telling.... SO where did the "quite possibly" response come in this season? I am struggling to locate that.

"Quite possibly" is used in the last line of the medianet release about the coming season. "...in the end, the Bachelor may quite possibly find true love" or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2823730;
    "Quite possibly," was Tessa's reply to Andy's comment "Are we those two muffins", itself in response to her muffin joke. Which as an aside, is a famous social science experiment in gauging eagerness to please. It's not a funny joke, nor intended as one. But if the hearer laughs, then the teller of the joke has learned something about the hearer. I always wanted to post this NY Times article about the joke, but in those (longed for?) days I didn't post and wasn't even registered.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/science/13tier.html
    Thanks for sharing ~ I found that article quite interesting too!

Not sure it has any real significance to this season, or not, but "quite possibly".

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2822868;
    Nope. I commented on it in the other thread. It's hilarious really. I completely agree.
    I think the sexy rugby line is funny, but the "classic 50s Americana date" caught my eye, too.. At first, my mind went to old-fashioned, etc., but then I realized what they probably meant. Are they going to a drive-in movie? Will the woman have to wear a poodle skirt and bobby socks??