Page 10 of 433 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread ~ Spoilers

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread ~ Spoilers

Here's a summary (I think ) from the teleconference interview in OK Magazine. Of course, as many of us guessed, Matt is being a good "company" man, bachelor and saying he's found "LOVE"... (Bachelor-style)!

The Bachelor's Matt Grant Reveals Secrets From the Show!

(Courtesy ABC)

ABC's new resident bachelor, Matt Grant, is hesitant to reveal too much about the upcoming season of The Bachelor, but he's quick to assure OK! that the show fulfilled his expectations.

"I definitely found love and yes, they [the women] lived up to my expectations. It was incredible, I’m still buzzing about it now, the 6'5" British import says.

Grant, 27, tells OK! that he's always been attracted to the confidence of American girls. "At a really young age my brother brought back an American girl," he says. "She was really fun, pretty, outgoing and good with the family. From that point on I always had a thing for American girls. Plus they also tend to know a bit more about sports than British women."

Grant, a global financier, continues, "I was looking for a girl who was going to make me laugh... someone that’s going to stand out... it's when you walk into a room and you say 'that’s the one.'"

Given the grim track record of couples staying together after the show, did Grant have reservations? The Brit says he didn't watch previous seasons and had no knowledge of the show before he agreed to do it.

"The previous guys weren't me," Grant explains. "I was confident that I could come on this and be myself... I'm not too concerned with track records."

So assuming Grant did find his 'lady love' on the show, does he plan to take her back to England or is he contemplating a move to the U.S.? "It's not up to me, we'd have to discuss," he says. "Either country is great. They are the two best countries in the world."

The season premiere of The Bachelor airs March 17 on ABC

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Oh I dont think one needs to be a "company man" at all, to fall for a woman via this show. It happened to Byron, Firestone, Charlie, and Andy Baldwin. And Matt has the added impetus of wanting to fall in love with one of them in order to stay in the USA (if, in fact he actually wants to do that.) When you really want to fall in love, I think you are more likely to. Whether it will last of course, is uncertain at best.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-12-2008 at 10:03 AM.

U.S. gals stir things up for Brit 'Bachelor'

By CRISTINA KINON
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 4:00 AM
    'American women have a bit more confidence,' says 'Bachelor' Matt Grant.

'American women have a bit more confidence,' says 'Bachelor' Matt Grant.

ABC's latest "Bachelor," Matt Grant, a 27-year-old Brit, said that what he loves most about American women is their knack for standing out in a crowd.

"I'm very reluctant to stereotype a nation; you get amazing Americans, you get amazing Brits, but to break it down, in general, I'd say American women have a bit more confidence," said Grant. "They just seem to be more outgoing than British women."

To underscore Grant's point, the first episode of the new season, "The Bachelor: London Calling," features an array of attention-grabbing antics.

One contestant bites a tin can in half.

"It just reminds me of 'Jaws,'" Grant said. "I have to say she was a lot more attractive than 'Jaws,' and I was very appreciative of what she was doing. I was having a conversation with someone else and getting a bit bored, and she did that and it just cracked me up."

Meanwhile, another contestant offered Grant her underthings as a keepsake.

"I was having a conversation, and she just sort of tucked [her thong] into my pocket," he said. "It wasn't until a few minutes later when I pulled it out that I realized what it was. It was a bit weird."

Grant said he had an "incredible" experience being the Bachelor, and that, yes, he "definitely found love. I'm still buzzing from it now," he said.

Grant was discovered by a casting agent in a London nightclub when he was on a real date.

"It was going disastrously wrong," said Grant. "I had lost my wallet, lost my coat; it was one of those nights you have that you're thinking, 'Get me out of here' ... then a casting agent came up to me and asked, 'Have you heard of "The Bachelor"?'"

Though Grant hadn't seen many episodes of the show before agreeing to participate - and even refused to watch tapes to prepare himself - he said he was fully aware of the success rate of past "Bachelor" couples, and still wasn't deterred.

"If I was a betting man, then obviously I'm going to bet on the horse that has won a lot of races, but this isn't a betting game," said Grant. "This is life and this is me. Those previous guys weren't me. I was confident that I could come on and be myself; I was hoping that there would be one person who would stand out and have those unique qualities."

U.S. gals stir things up for Brit 'Bachelor'

March 12, 2008

MATT GRANT BEGINS HIS SEARCH FOR THAT ONE SPECIAL WOMAN WHEN
    “THE BACHELOR: LONDON CALLING” PREMIERES, MONDAY, MARCH 17, ON ABC

The 25 Bachelorettes Who Look to Capture the Sexy Brit’s Heart Are Revealed

Shayne’s Famous Acting Family Tree Includes Hollywood Royalty -- Her Grandparents, Fernando Lamas and Arlene Dahl, and Her Father, Lorenzo Lamas

What do a stunning blonde beauty with a mysterious family past, a dramatic lady who bites tin cans in half and an outrageous woman with few inhibitions have in common? They’re all on the hunt for the new Bachelor, Matt Grant, when the 12th edition of ABC’s popular romance reality series, “The Bachelor: London Calling,” premieres with a 90-minute special, MONDAY, MARCH 17 (9:32-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

(Editors note: The program’s regular run time is 10:00-11:00 p.m., ET, which begins on Monday, March 24.)

Matt, 27, a handsome global financier from London, meets 25 potential soul mates as he begins his exciting search for true love. In the premiere episode, “1201,” Matt moves into his Malibu bachelor pad and prepares for the night of his life – a party with 25 beautiful American bachelorettes. From the minute they meet him, the women are knocked off their feet by his handsome good looks, his sexy accent and his British sense of humor.

Marshana, a confident diva who creates drama wherever she goes, impresses Matt right out of the limo by modeling a beautiful sari-inspired dress she made by hand. And nothing can stop Chelsea, a sexy lady in red, as she challenges Matt to a tough arm wrestling match, much to the dismay of other jealous bachelorettes. Shayne intrigues the handsome Bachelor, as she reveals that she is an actress (Teen Carly on ABC’s “General Hospital”) with a famous father and grandparents. Her father is actor Lorenzo Lamas, best known for his long-running roles on “Falcon Crest” and “The Bold & The Beautiful.” Her grandparents are Hollywood royalty: the charming and suave big screen and television actor, the late Fernando Lamas, and the elegant big screen star turned successful entrepreneur, Arlene Dahl. But will Matt guess who they are?

Ashlee, an alluring singer/songwriter, sings Matt a unique tune she wrote just for him, and has no trouble rubbing her success with the Bachelor in the other girls’ faces. However, few could rival Carri and her rare and dramatic ability to bite a tin can in half – a talent she readily demonstrates to the Bachelor. And Matt had better also keep an eye out for Kelly, an outspoken sexy blonde with a wild side, Robin, a sophisticated know-it-all that everyone loves to hate, and Amanda, a stunning, all-American girl with a few tricks up her sleeve.

But it’s Stacey who makes things hot, hot, hot, providing the shocker of the evening as she deftly takes off her panties and slides them into Matt’s pocket.

Tensions mount and sparks fly as the bachelorettes vie for the first impression rose. Finally, Matt must eliminate ten of the 25 women, leaving 15 to compete for his affections and, in the end, his heart.

The 25 women are:

Alyssa, 24, a biology student from Boise, ID.

Amanda P., 26, a law student from Las Vegas, NV.

Amanda R., 27, an account executive from Niceville, FL.

Amy, 22, a nanny from Stockton, CA.

Ashlee, 22, a singer/songwriter from Jacksonville Beach, FL.

Carri, 25, a church marketing representative from Oklahoma City, OK.

Chelsea, 24, a pharmaceutical sales representative from Durango, CO.

Denise, 30, a former Bush aide from Washington, D.C.

Devon, 24, a makeup artist from Austin, TX.

Erin H., 25, an event planner from Seattle, WA.

Erin S., 33, a hot dog vendor from Venice, CA.

Holly, 25, a children’s book author from Suffield, OH.

Kelly, 24, a medical sales representative from San Diego, CA.

Kristine, 32, a personal trainer from Charlotte, NC.

Lesley, 23, a youth minister from Tampa, FL.

Marshana, 27, a fashion designer from Brooklyn, NY.

Michelle, 28, an administrative assistant from Syracuse, NY.

Michele, 33, an interior designer from Laguna Niguel, CA.

Noelle, 26, a photographer from Loveland, CO.

Rebecca, 30, an attorney from Alamo, CA.

Robin, 22, an advertising coordinator from Holland, MI.

Shayne, 22, an actress from Malibu, CA.

Stacey, 26, a graduate student from Chicago, IL.

Tamara, 23, a cocktail waitress from Beverly Hills, CA.

Tiffany, 33, a real estate marketing representative from San Francisco, CA.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, “The Bachelor: London Calling” is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss, David Bohnert and Martin Hilton are executive producers. “The Bachelor” is broadcast with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning. A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

Photos of “The Bachelor” and the bachelorettes are available at www.abcmedianet.com or 818-460-6611.

This episode of “The Bachelor” will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/DNR/2008/doc/dnr031208.doc
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Bios / article available at eOnline. First Look: News Blog

ABC has revealed the 25 women looking for love on the latest edition of The Bachelor. Among the sexy singles hoping to woo British suitor Matt Grant are Erin, a hot dog vendor from Venice, California; Lesley, a youth minister from Tampa; Shayne, an actress from Malibu; and Holly, a children's book author from Charlotte, North Carolina. The 12th season of the matchmaking series kicks off Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2837354;
    Bios / article available at eOnline. First Look: News Blog

ABC has revealed the 25 women looking for love on the latest edition of The Bachelor. Among the sexy singles hoping to woo British suitor Matt Grant are Erin, a hot dog vendor from Venice, California; Lesley, a youth minister from Tampa; Shayne, an actress from Malibu; and Holly, a children's book author from Charlotte, North Carolina. The 12th season of the matchmaking series kicks off Monday.
    She's still a childrens book author, but now she's from North Carolina rather than Ohio rather than LA?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Charlotte woman on 'The Bachelor'
    MARK WASHBURN

Kristine Heffelfinger, 32, who has worked at a South Charlotte fitness business, will be in the dating pool for "The Bachelor: London Calling." A personal trainer from Charlotte is among the 25 eligible women lined up for the next installment of "The Bachelor," which begins next week on ABC.

Kristine Heffelfinger, 32, who has worked at a South Charlotte fitness business, will be in the dating pool with the show's first foreigner.

ABC's latest dream boat is Matt Grant. His vitals: 6-foot-5, eyes of blue, 27 years old, global financier from London.

He wades into the bachelorettes at 9:30 p.m. Monday (ABC, Channel 9). Set in a mansion in Malibu, Calif., it promises to be a memorable get-acquainted party.

One candidate arm wrestles him. Another serenades him with a clarinet. Another bites a Coke can in half. And one wriggles out of her panties and slips them in his pocket.

Ten women will be eliminated in a rose ceremony the first night.

Casting agents for the show interviewed women in Charlotte in November 2006. While filming for the series is finished, Heffelfinger is not allowed to discuss her role on the show until she is rejected or chosen as Grant's ultimate mate.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2837246;
    MATT GRANT BEGINS HIS SEARCH FOR THAT ONE SPECIAL WOMAN WHEN
    “THE BACHELOR: LONDON CALLING” PREMIERES, MONDAY, MARCH 17, ON ABC

Ashlee, an alluring singer/songwriter, sings Matt a unique tune she wrote just for him, and has no trouble rubbing her success with the Bachelor in the other girls’ faces.
    I only quoted the part of a possible clue. Does this make it sound like Ashlee gets the 1st Impression Rose?

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Hotatlanta... that's a very good possibility.

I contacted the local newspapers for Amanda R, and Chelsea and asked them to run a story on these two bachelorettes...There doesn't seem to be much info on these two ladies, so hopefully these papers decide to provide some information for us...