Thread: Narrowing the field - Final 2/4 Spoilers/Speculation?

Re: Narrowing the field - Final 2/4 Spoilers/Speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by cdeloncre;2889354;
    . I know all of the girls and just feel bad that the show has a predetermined ending.

???????????
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by cdeloncre;2889354;
    No no I'm not hurt at all... and this has absolutely no biased towards Chelsea. I know all of the girls and just feel bad that the show has a predetermined ending.
    And that growing knowlege is what is making cynics out of even the most romantically inclined on this board. Rose colored glass were shattered last year, and this year it seems as though Fleiss is grinding the broken pieces into the pavement. As long as there is a final rose (to escape last year's outcry) I think even the cynics will wave off the ending as okay. But, if it is pre-ordained, the disillusioned romantics will not be okay.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2889372;
    And that growing knowlege is what is making cynics out of even the most romantically inclined on this board. Rose colored glass were shattered last year, and this year it seems as though Fleiss is grinding the broken pieces into the pavement. As long as there is a final rose (to escape last year's outcry) I think even the cynics will wave off the ending as okay. But, if it is pre-ordained, the disillusioned romantics will not be okay.
    Okay, I am going to continue to look through my rose-colored glasses knowing I am fully prepared to remove them at any time. I do believe that Matt was told from the beginning to keep Shayne until near the end. He may have balked at times, something I am sure that the other girls and crew were aware of. Once let go, I'm assuming the girls (many with sour grapes - especially one who often looks like she has been munching on some) thought it was rigged for Shayne to be F1, not just to keep her until near the end. If Fleiss wanted her kept, bless him (did I really say that?) because I'm adoring her and can't wait for her to be a Bachelorette. As for last season, guess what? I survived. In fact, the next morning I appreciated being shocked just like I appreciated being shocked at the ending of The Sixth Sense. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2889372;

But at this point w/all the rumors that are floating around -- that Fleiss hired an F1 to ensure a happy ending, Ted C.'s rumor that a Flaxen haired girl from the industry is F1, that Matt possibly wants to move to the US and start a career in Hollywood -- does all of this taint the ending? Is there any way now that Shayne can be the F1 and have it be believable?

I know Shayne is probably a fabulous girl irl, but I just don't think this show can handle having a celebrity on it (and she is a celebrity by virtue of her family background) and have a credible ending if the celebrity is the one that wins. I think even if she didn't have one, people will still think she had some sort of perceived advantage over the other girls. I think Shayne would have worked as The Bachelorette, but not as one of the bachelorettes. I mean would anyone want to see Lorenzo Lamas' son as one of the bachelor's on DeAnna's season?
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;2889471;
    Okay, I am going to continue to look through my rose-colored glasses knowing I am fully prepared to remove them at any time. I do believe that Matt was told from the beginning to keep Shayne until near the end. He may have balked at times, something I am sure that the other girls and crew were aware of. Once let go, I'm assuming the girls (many with sour grapes - especially one who often looks like she has been munching on some) thought it was rigged for Shayne to be F1, not just to keep her until near the end. If Fleiss wanted her kept, bless him (did I really say that?) because I'm adoring her and can't wait for her to be a Bachelorette. As for last season, guess what? I survived. In fact, the next morning I appreciated being shocked just like I appreciated being shocked at the ending of The Sixth Sense. JMHO
    You were shocked by the ending of The Sixth Sense? I had it figured out by the Antique Shop scene. But, I see what you mean. I, too, wear the glasses and am very hopeful at the beginning of every season. This time, however, the early negativity has worn me down. I would love to view a blossoming romance between two people both at the same place in their lives where wanting to love and be loved makes a family happen. The negative vibes are drowning out the guitar music.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2889499;
    You were shocked by the ending of The Sixth Sense? I had it figured out by the Antique Shop scene. But, I see what you mean. I, too, wear the glasses and am very hopeful at the beginning of every season. This time, however, the early negativity has worn me down. I would love to view a blossoming romance between two people both at the same place in their lives where wanting to love and be loved makes a family happen. The negative vibes are drowning out the guitar music.

AMEN

I will keep the rose colored glasses on though for awhile longer...

I hear you. One of my favorite parts of the Bachelor is getting to watch the bachelorettes. Despite the slice and dice, some enthusiatic and uplifting souls come shining through. For example, I loved hearing Jenni in her post season Phoenix radio interview. This season there are several, and we have already seen that Amanda is doing just fine. If Matt doesn't make a love connection this season, it is his loss, not ours.

When Amanda is F1, we'll all be back on board.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2889605;
    When Amanda is F1, we'll all be back on board.
    From your lips to Chris Harrison's ears.

since i am a newbie, am definitely a newbie in reading tons of rumors all pointing a set-up of F1 Shayne. I was promised a romance that "will bring us back on board". I didn't get that vibe in the beginning IF Shayne is the F1. I didn't fall for her. With all these negativity, i am looking at Matt differently, actually suspiciously and that's sad. When i wanted romance, i wanted a Matt-Amanda finish. And Shayne the Next Bachelorette which is actually a better career move than ending up as the F1. if that is not the case then that Shayne is the pre-ordained F1. Why not i start nominating the Next Bachelorette by emailing them at Marketing@modelswithoutattitud e.net?