Page 4 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 12 - The Ladies?

Re: Season 12 - The Ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2793064;
    Or Narcolepsy?
    (where one can suddenly fall asleep)

And, since we've heard from Kristin on E! that the Rose Ceremonies were filmed between midnight and 5am ... this might be a possibility.
    Oh, I never thought I would be bringing this up in this sort of forum but here it goes

I have narcolepsy. Most of the time when I have an episode, people around me don't even notice. It is a fallacy to think that having narcolepsy means people appear to "be sleeping" in the way we define sleeping. Usually my eyes are closed for just a few seconds or sometimes my eyes don't even have to close!

Only my husband can tell when it happens and that is because he knows me so well. The casual friend or acquaintance would never know. Intense emotions, stress, alcohol and lack of sleep can contribute but generally if an episode is going to happen it is going to happen and not "cause" it.

In addition, there is a very powerful medicine that narcoleptics can take that keep episodes under control.

I suppose this could be funny in certain circumstances. Especially with Fleiss at the helm. But dramatic? Nope.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Well I'm glad it doesnt interfere too much with daily living aanjheni! But remember, Fleiss is spinning those disks. He'll try to create drama from crabgrass growing. Well you know what I mean. I'd assume that the condition lends itself to either the comedic or dramatic and he'll try to spin it both ways.

Maybe it's some sort of allergy?

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I think stuttering could be a medical condition that provides comic (though very inappropriately so) and dramatic relief... I'll bet it's something totally mundane and that Fleiss "makes" it dramatic and comdeic... not that is naturally so.

It's possible Fleiss considers virginity a medical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2793114;
    I think stuttering could be a medical condition that provides comic (though very inappropriately so) and dramatic relief... I'll bet it's something totally mundane and that Fleiss "makes" it dramatic and comdeic... not that is naturally so.

It's possible Fleiss considers virginity a medical condition.

Maybe one of the b'chettes is a transexual and was once a bachelor. That could be a bit dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2793137;
    Maybe one of the b'chettes is a transexual and was once a bachelor. That could be a bit dramatic.
    You do know there's a novel with that very premise? I don't remember the name of the book or the author, but it was written by a guy who used to write for television, and essentially the story was about a reality show in which the "bachelorette" was a transsexual. It was actually pretty good, as off-putting as the premise might seem.

Speaking of off-putting, as someone who has family members with medical conditions that kids mocked in school, the whole idea of Fleiss making fun of a "condition" may make me rethink watching this season. So far, we've had several clues that the season is a bust. The contestant who stopped by and said we won't figure out what happens makes it sound like another Brad-style waste of time. The fact that Matt's "profession" is a variation of "unemployed and sleeping on friends' sofas" isn't a huge positive. And I find Matt unattractive to begin with, because he has no lips.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2793066;
    Then again comedic by Fleiss's definition is not probably very funny to me.
    Boy you can say that again! Let's not forget that last year, Fleiss (or was it Chris H?) made a huge play on words with "The Hottest Bachelorette Evah" and we learned from the screencaps that it was Deanna blowing the flames.

So... I'm hoping he's said it's something 'dramatic' but it's nothing more than an allergic reaction and possible outbreak of hives before a date that equates to 'dramatic' and 'comedic' in Fleiss' book. I admit, I'd probably laugh at someone covered in spots right before her 1:1 date with Matt.

I really hope it's something like that because I honestly don't know that I could watch a show (any show!) that exploits someone's disability like Tourette's for laughs. :nono :nono I have weathered all the seasons of The Bachelor, but THAT would cause me to turn off the tv.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

i hope it is something like an allergic reaction also--because if he tries to make a condition like tourette's into comedy--that would be enough for me to turn off the tv. you don't make fun of things like that--it's not funny--
    Last edited by kwtaylor; 02-13-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2793171;
    You do know there's a novel with that very premise? I don't remember the name of the book or the author, but it was written by a guy who used to write for television, and essentially the story was about a reality show in which the "bachelorette" was a transsexual. It was actually pretty good, as off-putting as the premise might seem.

Speaking of off-putting, as someone who has family members with medical conditions that kids mocked in school, the whole idea of Fleiss making fun of a "condition" may make me rethink watching this season. So far, we've had several clues that the season is a bust. The contestant who stopped by and said we won't figure out what happens makes it sound like another Brad-style waste of time. The fact that Matt's "profession" is a variation of "unemployed and sleeping on friends' sofas" isn't a huge positive. And I find Matt unattractive to begin with, because he has no lips.
    The book is "The Virgin" by Eric Barmack. I have a feeling that the condition may amount to nothing or could be something ~ hard to tell. I remember last season there was a write-up about one of the women talking about a past life-threatening illness, and it was never discussed on the show.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am wondering if posters still would like to read the tidbits of information that I hear about the upcoming season? My information about the meet and greet date was correct, we will soon find out the bachelorettes names and photos, and when I questioned the housing situation it was figured out what really was going on ~ rose ceremonies in the middle of the night (poor women ). I always say that this is what I hear, and one can do with what they wish. It seems that each season we hear and figure out more than the previous one.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 02-13-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2793235;
    The book is "The Virgin" by Eric Barmack. I have a feeling that the condition may amount to nothing or could be something ~ hard to tell. I remember last season there was a write-up about one of the women talking about a past life-threatening illness, and it was never discussed on the show.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am wondering if poster still would like to hear the tidbits of information that I hear about the upcoming season? My information about the meet and greet date was correct, we will soon find out the bachelorettes names and photos, and when I questioned the housing situation it was figured out what really was going on ~ rose ceremonies in the middle of the night (poor women ). I always say that this is what I hear, and one can do with what they wish. It seems that each season we hear and figure out more than the previous one.

I know I would love you to contiinue posting your information. I think your a great sheuth and love hearing your tidbits, most of which have been true. Please do not stop posting them BondieGal

Please keep all the tidbits that you hear coming our way.. I love hearing the new info..