Page 3 of 144 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 12 - The Ladies?

Re: Season 12 - The Ladies?

I'm bringing this over from the non-spoiler Media thread to speculate on what the condition could be. I have unspoilered the relevant sentence. Please do not discuss this in the non-spoilered thread.

This is information from Mike Fleiss himself, so I assume there is truth to it . What on earth could fit Fleiss's description? Bolding added.
    Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread
    ***The second paragraph may be a SPOILER**

This may need to be moved.

The Canadian Press: As the writer's strike winds down, reality TV continues to grow up

"You've got to know everything you've already done," says Mike Fleiss, "Bachelor" executive producer. "If you haven't really been around every day, you won't know what's fresh and what's not. Much like a writer, you just have to sit there and think of new twists and gimmicks. Sometimes it just pops up in front of you."

Such as when Fleiss learned that one of the female contestants on the upcoming 12th "Bachelor" season happened to have a "condition that has tremendous dramatic and comedic potential." It's a plot twist Fleiss says he would've never been able to think up on his own.

"When reality TV works well, it's completely unpredictable," say Fleiss. "That's the beauty of it. It's not so pat. It's not so scripted. I think that's why audiences initially responded to it in the beginning."
    Last edited by fluff : Today at 02:02 PM.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 02-13-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2793030;
    Response to possible spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    The only condition that comes to mind that is tragic, but could be exploited as comical would be Tourettes Syndrome. Though shame on Fleiss if this is true and he exploits it.

It is interesting that Fleiss is speaking out more about the show than he ever has in the past. He was intervied on-set prior to Bachelor: Rome, then the magazine interview after Bachelor 11, now a Bachelor 12 pre-show interview. PR need some spinning?
    Ariel--that's exactly what i said also--it has to be that--the only thing that they could say would have some comedic exploit--and it's terrible if he exploits that

I moved my response and the spoiler tag:

The only condition that comes to mind that is tragic, but could be exploited as comical would be Tourette Syndrome. Though shame on Fleiss if this is true and he exploits it.

It is interesting that Fleiss is speaking out more about the show than he ever has in the past. He was intervied on-set prior to Bachelor: Rome, then the magazine interview after Bachelor 11, now a Bachelor 12 pre-show interview. PR need some spinning?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Now my mind in wandering about what it could be? I'll go to the spoiler thread for any theories.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2793048;
    Now my mind in wandering about what it could be? I'll go to the spoiler thread for any theories.
    I honestly think it's tourettes--it's the only condition that could be exploited to be comical--although, it's horrible if he exploits the condition as such.

Or Narcolepsy?
    (where one can suddenly fall asleep)

And, since we've heard from Kristin on E! that the Rose Ceremonies were filmed between midnight and 5am ... this might be a possibility.

I just cant imagine what has both dramatic and comedic potential. Then again comedic by Fleiss's definition is not probably very funny to me. Here's a short list: stuttering, narcolepsy, extreme shyness, agorapobia - limited to being in large crowds, panic attacks. Oh, it wont be panic attacks. We already had that in Trista's season with Jamie. Amazon.com: Fear Is No Longer My Reality: Books: Jamie Blyth,Jenna Glatzer

Jinx, hotlanta. You owe me a coke.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2793064;
    Or Narcolepsy?
    (where one can suddenly fall asleep)

And, since we've heard from Kristin on E! that the Rose Ceremonies were filmed between midnight and 5am ... this might be a possibility.
    could be--but i couldn't see that as being incredibly dramatic -- i could see it being comedic--but not so dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2793067;
    could be--but i couldn't see that as being incredibly dramatic -- i could see it being comedic--but not so dramatic
    Unless the girl fell asleep during the RC ...
    Or while on a 1-on-1 date with Matt!

I agree that is horrible of Fleiss to exploit a medical condition

EXCEPT:

really - what did she expect - that she would go on a reality show produced by Fleiss and he would not use it for comedic purposes?