Page 51 of 653 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2661811;
    No Bevin never did behave like Deanna and Jennie have this season, she never stripped naked and jumped in a pool in front of cameramen and producers which was shown on national tv. That could be the shocker this year because both of the final two performed this very act and never before has a chosen one been nude on the Bachelor.
    I have to agree that I was surprised by that. Just to play devil's advocate, are we really positive that they did? I finally found the outtake. It shows little black rectangles where the girls' suits would be. Not saying they didn't skinny dip, but they could have had on bathing suits. Could Fleiss be messing with us, creating shock value? I've often wondered about the Hillary speech where she's talking about what she would like to have Brad do...It was bleeped all over the place. Who knows what she really said...?
    It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller ~and daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by decemberose;2661622;
    Bonbonlover ... check out K9Mom's latest video called "the Kiss" ... you might have an awakening !!! ;-)
    Great job K9Mom!! you really have a talent in the tribute department!

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I think the cameras go off late at night for the most part and the girls didn't think about being on camera... the shot was from far away. Plus who cares if they jumped in the pool naked? I think it sounds just too fun and loved that they all played along. (except of course Bettina who threw their towels in the water)

Quote Originally Posted by lyb5007;2661824;
    He says something in the interview about wanting to find a lady who is different than those that he would normally meet in his bar business. Not exact word, but that's the jist. " Different " is exact.
    I think "different" could apply to both Jenni and DeAnna. He did say that he didn't meet people like them very often.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I think the "clue" is that Brad actually uses the word "different" in their toast, and we see him say that comment. This interview was on Sept 21, shortly after the show ended, so it's just interesting that he used that particular word and only described his date with Jenni.

On a BB interview, Brad calls the helicopter date incredibly romantic, possibly the most romantic date of his life (paraphrased). That's why this interview on the 21st of Sept. seems to point to Jenni as F1... nothing pointing to Deanna is even mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2661848;
    I think the cameras go off late at night for the most part and the girls didn't think about being on camera... the shot was from far away. Plus who cares if they jumped in the pool naked? I think it sounds just too fun and loved that they all played along. (except of course Bettina who threw their towels in the water)
    I honestly don't care if they really did. I confess that I've gone skinny dipping before. I was just making the point that we really don't know if they did. Everything we see is so controlled by Fleiss. That's all.
    It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller ~and daughters.

cup
    FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lyb5007;2661839;
    I have to agree that I was surprised by that. Just to play devil's advocate, are we really positive that they did? I finally found the outtake. It shows little black rectangles where the girls' suits would be. Not saying they didn't skinny dip, but they could have had on bathing suits. Could Fleiss be messing with us, creating shock value? I've often wondered about the Hillary speech where she's talking about what she would like to have Brad do...It was bleeped all over the place. Who knows what she really said...?
    Read her lips, she is pretty explicit at some points.

Quote Originally Posted by cup;2661861;
    Read her lips, she is pretty explicit at some points.
    I'll certainly admit that the impression I got was that she was way over the top. Maybe we need Lynn7 or one of the other lip readers to transcribe...No, on second thought, better not!

I'm thinking how it is reported that Brad had to call his Grandmother to explain about some parts of the show. It's a good thing Hillary's not from the South!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2661225;
    Very well stated longhornalum!

The producers are under the misconceived assumption that people watch the show for bachelorette cat fights and drama. They are WRONG!!! :nono We are watching because we really adore and like Brad as the Bachelor, and the love story evolving. We like the women when we see them involved with the love story, or even having fun on the dates or with eachother ~ not the other stuff thown in our face, especially when it is edited and set up by the producers and their minions.
    I actually think that the producers know that people like drama- whether that be drama created by watching the complications that two people in love must overcome (i.e. the fact that the guy is dating multiple other women) to be together or women competing/ snipping at each other as they compete for the man. They have a good finger on the pulse of people. Look how many people watch Survivor and Big Brother. The key on those shows has always been to spotlight the worst in human behavior- conniving, backstabbing and cunning. People stop their cars to watch car accidents. How many people tuned in this season to see Hilary's breakdown when she didn't receive a rose. Sometimes people forget that the producers of this show are making a show,not a documentary about a love story, but a television program compelling enough to get ratings. If you think about it that way and not about whether the relationship will survive, etc. than it is easier to think in terms of storyline and what will produce the most dramatic ending.

It just so happens that I like Deanna and I think that she and Brad would make a great real life couple with potential for staying power and that is why I believe Brad chooses her but it also has certainly helped the producers that she is also multilayered enough to craft a great storyline that would polarie viewers enough to create suspense as to who wins in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by lyb5007;2661787;
    I had the same thought, that he asked for permission to ask her, but wondered if he's allowed to do that. I thought they weren't allowed to concretely give their choice away ahead of time - to anybody, even their chosen...
    I don't think that DeAnna's dad knew for sure that Brad would choose her, but I do think that Brad wanted his blessings in case he does choose her in the end. The fact that we were shown the alone time with her dad opens the possiblity that alot more was discussed than what we saw. IMO.