Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

FORT Newbie

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Thanks, snapit and casualfan! I really am not much of a poster, or a reality tv watcher - other than The Bach - but I do like this board and how it's run, so you never know ... I may pop up again!

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2681547;
    Wow... was the same show being watched here? I'll tell him Iron Mike. I guess he should have picked someone he wasn't in love with so he wouldn't be called cold and heartless... Most of us have felt the feeling that DD and jenni went through... That's why he didn't lead them on or give them false hope. Would it be a happy ending if the one hour episode tonight finished with a false engagement and then you read on the back page of some magazine that they broke up... If that makes it easier to swallow watch almost all of the previous seasons on DVD
    Easy there.

Do you know why he wasn't didn't seem as protective of Jenni and DeAnna's feelings, as he was of Hillary's ?

I do think this is something that seems very skewed.

You said earlier that he wasn't too displeased with the edits. How about tonight ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bogey123;2681572;
    Can someone here tell me if I should watch tomorrow's AFTR. Will it be even more painful then tonight was? Or, should I buy a Turkey for Thanksgiving?
    I believe that you should watch it
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;2681575;
    For all parties involved.

So basically, people would feel better if he made her a promise for the pleasure of the viewing audience, but then dumped her behind the scenes?
    Many people prefer to be let down gently. Certainly the promotion of this season is enough to make us all bitter. I didn't say "promise." I don't think "let's date" is a promise of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by gilamandagomez;2681549;
    Is there way to download the finale? Our t.v. channel went out at our vacation spot and the wireless connection is horrible!!!! Thank you
    ABC should have it up tomorrow.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by a3boymom;2681524;
    I was thinking the exact same thing...as soon as he told Dee that he just said goodbye to Jenni you could see her heart just soar with excitement because in that moment all her dreams were coming true! WOW, what a friken' jerk...esp. since he knows what she's gone through losing her mom then to build her up like that?! WOW...just WOW!!!

I know this has been said but of course it's expected that he wouldn't be ready to propose, that has been done many times on the Bachelor and that is honesty but honesty with a heart! His honesty was cruel and heartless!!! How about saying "I believe the same way you do about marriage so that is why I'm not prepared to make that commitment right now. But let's continue to date outside the show and find out if our feelings grow to the level of being married." OK...that's honest and that's what a person who has been sharing all of the things he has would have done if he had any kindness in his heart. That is BS that he "respected her too much" to make a comittment but obviously didn't respect her enough to take it into the real world and give the feelings he SAYS he has some time to work themselves out one way or another!

I have been negative about Dee since the beginning and I humbly take back anthing negative I have said about her!!! I didn't like her but now I ADORE her and I just want to put my arms around her a give her a big HUG!
    What a sweetheart she turned out to be and right now I think a healthy dose of her "honesty" would be refreshing for us all!

In past posts I joked about Dee kicking Brad's butt because she seemed so controlling...I'm sorry for that Dee and now I want to say I would LOVE you to kick Brad's butt!!!

My heart broke for Dede during that part of the ceremony. For a split second there she thought Brad was going to pick her and tell her she was the one. You just know that DeAnna's heart is always so guarded because of losing her mom. I just wanted to run out there and give her a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by drooler;2681580;
    Many people prefer to be let down gently. Certainly the promotion of this season is enough to make us all bitter. I didn't say "promise." I don't think "let's date" is a promise of any kind.
    I agree it isn't a promise. But, it gives one party hope where there may not be any hope at all.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's been nice being able to share so many thoughts and ideas, twists and turns, laughter and sadness from all the posts on here..but it's been a very long day for me and tomorrow is right around the corner.....I think after we all get some sleep and watch the show tomorrow or rather tonight, we will have calmed down some and maybe have some answers to our questions...who knows, we might see things in a different light than we do at the moment....thanks again for everything pertaining to this season of the bachelor...half the fun of watching was because of the people at the FORT......

FORT Regular

I don't agree that it was just the girls opening up to Brad on the LCD while he listened, mutely. To DeAnna, he said very intimate things, and talked about their future together after the show: DeAnna PI'd that they'd talked about kids, and her moving to Austin, and many other intimate details of their future lives together. On their LCD, we heard him say, "So, what happens when I leave the toilet seat up?" which implies that they will be living in the same home at some point in the future, or why the hell would she care if she was never going to see him again, and he left the toilet seat up in his apartment in Austin? The "toilet seat" issue is a common joke amongst men and women who are living together in a committed loving relationship. Prior to the LCD, to his family he said: So, you not only get a sister-in-law, you get a bartender... As Jason has so helpfully pointed out in previous posts, no producer can make Brad say things he doesn't want to say, and in these ways, in addition to the more romantic statements at the LCD, "You're everything I could ever want in a wife, and I know you'd be a wonderful mother," were far more than just listening while DeAnna poured her heart out.

With Jenni, as she was cyring, and saying she was scared, he was saying "Don't be" and "I'm scared" and earnestly "Please tell me how you're feeling," etc. Yes, they have to lead the women on to a point, but we've seen Travis, PLo, and Blob be lukewarm on their LCDs with both women. Brad, like Andy was with Bevin, was unneccessarily intimate in the details about their future together with DeAnna, and unneccessarily selfish, yes selfish, in wanting to hear Jenni's intimate feelings about him.

He was also very selfish in his breakup speeches, "Look at me" to Jenni when she's humiliated, and the ultimate in selfishness was his little pity party at the limo when DeAnna was "shutting him out." WTF? These are the details that made me go from "Brad's a decent guy" to "Brad's a commitment phobic , selfish tool."

Remember: No Producers Can Make Brad Say Anything He Doesn't Want To Say. That's according to an insider who had detailed information, and knew all along what Brad's final choice really was.

Just the strong opinion of another "burned fanatic."

originally posted by Christii
    I didnt even really watch this season, but this ending was, well, just odd, and kinda creepy. Just the way he kept trying to getthem to open up to him before and after he shatters their hopes and dreams. Ugh, it was like watching someone torture a cute lil quivering bunny or something...
    Seriously. I have never seen such selfish breakup speeches in 11 seasons of watching this crap. He really was far kinder, and more gentle to Hillary, of all people, than he was to either Jenni, or DeAnna.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2681579;
    I believe that you should watch it

S'up JLuvs ... what's behind that smile of yours?