Page 2 of 653 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: DeAnna ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2657345;
    That would be interesting indeed. So she has yet to see Brad? he is standing behind her and I'm assuming that he greeted her at the door, no?
    Oops. I thought I was responding to another post. Sorry Zen!
    Last edited by Jammie; 11-08-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by Jammie;2657369;
    Another little tidbit that may have been overlooked: Apparently skeletons were focused on twice during Deanna's and Brad's FD.

El Dia De Los Muertos is also known as ‘The Day of the Dead’. It is a holiday celebrated mainly in Mexico and the Mexican community living around the United States and Canada. The celebration occurs on the 1st and 2nd of November. The 1st of November is also called ‘All Saints Day’, and the 2nd of November is also called ‘All Souls Day’.

The traditional mood for this holiday is bright with emphasis on celebrating and honouring the lives of the dead. This is because they think of The Day of the Dead as the continuation of life. They believe that death is not the end, but the beginning of a new stage in life. People who celebrate this think of it as a cultural importance. These people are usually Christians of Native American descendants whose ancestors introduced indigenous ideas of life after death.

Although this is dedicated to the dead, the original festival was dedicated to a goddess called Mictecacihuatl (also known as ‘The Lady of the Dead’), but in English she is called Catrina. On the first day of the festival, the people honour dead children and infants, where as adults who have died were honoured on the second day.

The Day of the Dead is celebrated to a lesser extent in other Latin American countries; for example, it is a public holiday in Brazil, where many Brazilians celebrate it by visiting cemeteries and churches in a form of Ancestor worship. In Spain this holiday has great festivals dedicated to it also: there are big parades, and at the end of the day respected people all gather around cemeteries and pray to their loved ones who have died. Most of the celebrants are Catholic. The holiday is also observed in the Philippines. Observance of the holiday in Mexican-American communities in the United States has become more important and widespread as the community grows both numerically and economically each generation. Similarly-themed celebrations also appear in some Asian and African cultures.

You can find more information regarding the 'Day of the Dead' at wikipedia.

El Dia De Los Muertos is also known as ‘The Day of the Dead’. It is a holiday celebrated mainly in Mexico and the Mexican community living around the United States and Canada. The celebration occurs on the 1st and 2nd of November. The 1st of November is also called ‘All Saints Day’, and the 2nd of November is also called ‘All Souls Day’.

The traditional mood for this holiday is bright with emphasis on celebrating and honouring the lives of the dead. This is because they think of The Day of the Dead as the continuation of life. They believe that death is not the end, but the beginning of a new stage in life. People who celebrate this think of it as a cultural importance. These people are usually Christians of Native American descendants whose ancestors introduced indigenous ideas of life after death.

Although this is dedicated to the dead, the original festival was dedicated to a goddess called Mictecacihuatl (also known as ‘The Lady of the Dead’), but in English she is called Catrina. On the first day of the festival, the people honour dead children and infants, where as adults who have died were honoured on the second day.

The Day of the Dead is celebrated to a lesser extent in other Latin American countries; for example, it is a public holiday in Brazil, where many Brazilians celebrate it by visiting cemeteries and churches in a form of Ancestor worship. In Spain this holiday has great festivals dedicated to it also: there are big parades, and at the end of the day respected people all gather around cemeteries and pray to their loved ones who have died. Most of the celebrants are Catholic. The holiday is also observed in the Philippines. Observance of the holiday in Mexican-American communities in the United States has become more important and widespread as the community grows both numerically and economically each generation. Similarly-themed celebrations also appear in some Asian and African cultures.

You can find more information regarding the 'Day of the Dead' here:
    Nice, Jammie! Thumbs up! (Can't make the "more" smileys work. I only knew a little about this holiday and your info really helps me make connections.
    It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller ~and daughters.

soccermama, please don't fret. I am still in the dunebuggy. While I appreciate all info given by others, you just never know in this world what is going to happen. So, let's see what happens.

I am reading an article of an interview from Brad that he gave in early September. We know that Brad was stopped by ABC from doing Bobby Bones show because he was too honest. Anyway, I have a direct quote from Brad about his ideal girls from this article that I found really interesting...

"First of all, [I like a girl who's] down to earth. I know that's cliche. I love a beautiful woman, someone who takes care of themselves, but more importantly is sweet, very honest and loyal of course. Just kind of a beautiful-girl-next-door-type," explained Womack.

Who does this sound more like Jenni or Deanna????

The next paragraph this is what he states...

"[The producers] asked what I liked and what I didn't like as far as personality types. Looks-wise... I think someone out there said I prefer brunettes. I don't know how that got out there, because it really doesn't matter. I explained that I just like low maintenance, down-to-earth girls... I was extremely satisfied and happy [with the bachelorettes]. I actually felt lucky."

Again, who did Brad say he was "lucky" to have met? I'm being serious, I can't remember I'm so confused, who did he say that about, or rather TPTB, wanted to hear that about?

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by polar opposite;2656999;
    EVERYTHING points to DeAnna! I keep saying this as a Jenni fan, I still think Jenni wins. Jenni has Bevin's F2 edit! Much nicer, though, but I think everyone may agree that DeAnna is getting the F1 edit!

The limo shot of Bevin. Does the F2 edit win? Why else that silly limo shot from last year? I just see Brad's love for Jenni. I don't see it with DeAnna.
    If you want to compare this season to any in bachelor or bachelorette history I believe it nearly mirrors Meredith's season. Right down to the large group of supporters of the F2, Matt. Even F3, Chad had a following similar to Bettina.

Chinatown = Helicopter
    Golf group date = Pool Party (complete with hammock)

Fleiss probably had just as many problems editing this season as they did that one. It's hard to make it seem like such a close race.

I know I'm grasping at straws here but this interview was given before the Bachelor aired so there may be some clues in this article. I just want to know who he picks, I really don't care if it's Jenni or Deanna. Both camps argued very good points...I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!!!UGHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by kukla03;2657473;

Again, who did Brad say he was "lucky" to have met? I'm being serious, I can't remember I'm so confused, who did he say that about, or rather TPTB, wanted to hear that about?

Brad said this to Deanna the first night they met, "How did I get so lucky?"

If I'm not mistaken, he said it again to her recently but I'm not 100% so someone else will have to back me up.
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2657331;
    The Suns do not have a scheduled home game on Friday Nov 16th.
    Thank you for the information. I thought so but now it's confirmed.

FORT Fan

We have been sitting here watching some of the episodes and Olivia brought up something that I thought I would log on and put out there so I don't forget til tomorrow. Say when Jenni and Brad talk in two weeks, whether on screen or off, IF and I say IF, Jenni would say she would be willing to give up all her dancing, etc., what do you all think Brad would say or do? Not trying to throw judgement toward Brad as I don't believe in that, but would just like to hear opinions of what everyone thinks would happen. Thanks all. G'night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor;2657493;
    We have been sitting here watching some of the episodes and Olivia brought up something that I thought I would log on and put out there so I don't forget til tomorrow. Say when Jenni and Brad talk in two weeks, whether on screen or off, IF and I say IF, Jenni would say she would be willing to give up all her dancing, etc., what do you all think Brad would say or do? Not trying to throw judgement toward Brad as I don't believe in that, but would just like to hear opinions of what everyone thinks would happen. Thanks all. G'night.
    Are we going into this question assuming Jenni is the F1?