Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2664706;
    Really? I've just listened to that crying scene now at least 6 times and it gets more and more crocodile-like with each run through. Since I can't see, could someone let me know if there are actual tears running down her face, or if her eyes are welling up, or red, or anything, 'cause based on what I'm hearing, I'm not buying it. It just sounds too forced to me.

Disclaimer: I'm listening to this scene with unbiased ears as I have no preferance (since my two favorites were eliminated in Episode 1 . . . Drunk-Chick and Webbed-Toe-Girl). HOLLA!
    Jewelsy,

First of all I am happy you mentioned this scene, I do not think many saw it the way I saw it. I have played it back many times, I feel it is void of real loving emotions and smells of desperation.

I was going to type this us a post for the Jenni board, but I will put it with your comment.

Something that just does not sit well with me and if someone cares to give me your take on it.

A while back Jenni said to the other women she would say yes to a proposal to Brad right now. Jenni told Brad mom with the same conviction I will do right now.

At the last chance date she is crying she could not tell him at the FD.

Why could Jenni not tell Brad at the FD. If see was ready to accept a proposal so much earlier in the show, then she must of thought she loved him back then. How else can some one say they will accept a proposal if they were not already in love.

Yet she could not tell Brad during the FD she loved him.

During the FD, I felt Jenni was not emotionally into it. She mentioned something of not wanting to be the woman that was there for the physical part. Even lasts week when I first saw a glimpse of the crying I thought she sounded desperate. That crying scene to me looked like pleading one's case, not of a woman deeply in love.

I have liked Jenni all along, yet that scene last night, has made me really question her integrity. Something does not make sense. I had not realized she had not told Brad how she felt behind closed doors.

It almost feels as if she is trying to be like Tessa. Tessa was totally different. Tessa could not tell Andy how she felt until she sorted out all her emotions. Once she sorted them out she could tell Andy. Jenni already had told the other women she was ready to accept the proposal weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2665171;
    Since my post above, I've learned the following about the WTA:

Bettina was 'difficult' thoughout the taping of WTA last week.
    Imagine that! I think we got to see more of the realness of the girls in those few minutes last night than we did during the season...I must say Hilary is a hoot!...

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;2665106;
    NO camera time knocks out Jenni unless he wants to wait for a few years.

Actually if you go to the media thread, there is a transcript from the BB interview where brad talks about bringing his girl with him to interviews and he said she'd not be comfortable with how HE feels about the interviews (that he's really uncomfortable). He never says SHE won't be comfortable in the interviews. This is a commonly misquoted interview.

Bettina was 'difficult' thoughout the taping of WTA last week. At the end of the audience taping, the women were asked who they thought Brad would choose...everyone had an opinion except Bettina. She got a smirk/smile on her face and said "It could be either (she then shrugged) and it could be neither, I don't really know." Taping continued (with the cast) and then during the break a producer went to Bettina to ask her to clarify and make a decision about who Brad would select. Bettina was seen shaking her head and laughing in response to the producer. Producer no. one left and producer no. two came out, this time a no nonsense looking female producer. She knelt down in front of Bettina and went back and forth with her for about a minute and then left. They then re-taped that scene, with Bettina saying 'Deanna'.
    Good for Bettina. This season has been all about making her look bad. Funny how they didn't revisit Sheena's "very interesting" mother, but had no qualms about showing Bettina's dad. I give her credit for showing up, because I wouldn't have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2665192;
    ...I must say Hilary is a hoot!...
    A dangerous hoot. She said (I'm phraphrasing) that she didn't mean some of the things she said, she just said them! How hurtful, irresponsible and flaky is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2665147;
    I'm still trying to figure out why most think that DeAnna is getting the F2 edit simply because they feel a "but" is coming in Brad's talk with her. If anything it's a F1 edit. Every season, before the FRC, TPTB show pics of one of the final 2 looking like they are getting the axe speech, while the other one is getting the final rose speech. From what I can remember from past shows, it's been the exact opposite of what is previously implied. So to me, seeing Jenni look so happy, hearing Brad say good things to her, and Brad's expression showing contentment looking like he is choosing Jenni, means just the opposite (Brad is getting ready to say goodbye to her). Likewise with DeAnna, looking unsure with Brad's conversation leaving room for the "but," and Brad's frown like expressions that leads one to believe that she gets the "axe," means just the opposite. ( Brad is getting ready to propose to her.)

I agree with you to some extent... I actually think Deanna is getting a Matt edit, not a F1 edit. All the right things are said... all the right moves are made, but it doesn't sit right... I see Jenni with an Ian edit... so much chemistry they couldn't hide it, so they made her annoying to hide that she was F1... Doesn't have anything to do with their expression coming out... but I do notice the trend that they have F1 look more anxious than F2. I think it would be more telling to see expressions of F2 where there was really a 1st & 2nd place... Travis, Lorenzo, Jesse, Blob, those were all a farce. It'd be more telling to see the expressions of Tessa/Bevin, Mary/Amanda, Jen/Kirsten because those are the seasons where and actual relationship occured.

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2665203;
    A dangerous hoot. She said (I'm phraphrasing) that she didn't mean some of the things she said, she just said them! How hurtful, irresponsible and flaky is that?
    she at least could laugh at herself...goodness knows we were all laughing at her and how she couldn't see the writing on the wall!...

Bettina was 'difficult' thoughout the taping of WTA last week. At the end of the audience taping, the women were asked who they thought Brad would choose...everyone had an opinion except Bettina. She got a smirk/smile on her face and said "It could be either (she then shrugged) and it could be neither, I don't really know." Taping continued (with the cast) and then during the break a producer went to Bettina to ask her to clarify and make a decision about who Brad would select. Bettina was seen shaking her head and laughing in response to the producer. Producer no. one left and producer no. two came out, this time a no nonsense looking female producer. She knelt down in front of Bettina and went back and forth with her for about a minute and then left. They then re-taped that scene, with Bettina saying 'Deanna'.

The above occurred after Bettina's prolonged and increasingly uncomfortable questioning about the reason Brad gave her a rose after her hometown date (very little was show on the WTA of this, whereas Bettina and Brad went back and forth--question, answer, question answer--for over five minutes during taping). Finally, the audience near Brad started to make annoyed noises (because Bettina was being difficult) and so Brad turned to the audience near him, winked and then turned back (this was all during the taping, not off camera) and said to Bettina, they (he indicated the audience) know me better then you do if you think that. (That meaning he judged her family.) The questioning, as seen in the previews, ended with Brad confronting Bettina on her erroneous statement that he judged her family.

After the above happened, the producers taped all the girls individually saying what to look for in the next bachelor and Bettina's answer was her slap back.

I have tried to paraphrase the above accurately.
    tabby cat,

Thank you for you post. The part that I bolded and inlcude here really intrest me.

After the above happened, the producers taped all the girls individually saying what to look for in the next bachelor and Bettina's answer was her slap back.

Actuall all that the you described with Bettina and the producers, I saw bits of it during the season. I once commented how Bettina seemed to me like the person that takes jabs at people (paraphrasing). I was shot down because she is a smart intelligent good looking business women that makes lots of money. I have no idea what that has to do with her true character as a person though.

There is nothing wrong with an education etc. Maybe Bettina should stick to the type of dating that works best for her, she will have a selection of men that fit her needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2665191;
    Jewelsy,

First of all I am happy you mentioned this scene, I do not think many saw it the way I saw it. I have played it back many times, I feel it is void of real loving emotions and smells of desperation.

I was going to type this us a post for the Jenni board, but I will put it with your comment.

Something that just does not sit well with me and if someone cares to give me your take on it.

A while back Jenni said to the other women she would say yes to a proposal to Brad right now. Jenni told Brad mom with the same conviction I will do right now.

At the last chance date she is crying she could not tell him at the FD.

Why could Jenni not tell Brad at the FD. If see was ready to accept a proposal so much earlier in the show, then she must of thought she loved him back then. How else can some one say they will accept a proposal if they were not already in love.

Yet she could not tell Brad during the FD she loved him.

During the FD, I felt Jenni was not emotionally into it. She mentioned something of not wanting to be the woman that was there for the physical part. Even lasts week when I first saw a glimpse of the crying I thought she sounded desperate. That crying scene to me looked like pleading one's case, not of a woman deeply in love.

I have liked Jenni all along, yet that scene last night, has made me really question her integrity. Something does not make sense. I had not realized she had not told Brad how she felt behind closed doors.

It almost feels as if she is trying to be like Tessa. Tessa was totally different. Tessa could not tell Andy how she felt until she sorted out all her emotions. Once she sorted them out she could tell Andy. Jenni already had told the other women she was ready to accept the proposal weeks ago.
    Knowing how you feel and being able to express it are two totally different things. I took Jenni's inability to share how she feels as being afraid of being kicked to the curb. She doesn't want to tell Brad she loves him and have him say, "Oh that's nice" or worse yet, "have another drink"... I'd be hesitant to say "I love you" if I didn't get an "I love you" back... That would be hard. That's all I think was occuring for Jenni. I don't think she sly or underhanded at all. I think what you see is what you get with Jenni... notice we heard NOT ONE BAD WORD about Jenni last night.. nothing....

Can anyone who went to WTA tell us otherwise? Was there any Jenni bashing done?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2665213;
    Actuall all that the you described with Bettina and the producers, I saw bits of it during the season. I once commented how Bettina seemed to me like the person that takes jabs at people (paraphrasing).
    I'm curious about the situations in which you felt she took jabs at people. Can you explain? Thanks.