Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

FORT Regular

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by tlc24;2665064;
    i find it shocking that people think jenni was "faking" in the previews when she was crying and telling brad how she felt. I see sooo much more emotion between her and brad than deanna and brad. Coversations betweed deanna and brad seem so rehersed. I think its refreshing to see two people enjoy each other so much like brad and jenni do. They cant hide how happy they are!
    I think this is because every camp sees what they want to see and/or can convince themselves to see what they want to see. Team Jenni thinks there is NO way in the world she could be fake because she seems so sweet and genuine. Team DeAnna says that she seems fake because they see that DeAnna is genuine and real and tells it like it is. Neither one wants to believe badly about their girl or good about the other girl.

And THAT is why Fleiss is a master. He can make you believe both what HE wants you to believe and also what YOU want to believe. Interesting.

I see less substance with Jenni and Brad but thta's the edit to me and I liked DeAnna from the get go. You see emotion and depth in Jenni because you like her. It's interesting to see what others see.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Vexer;2665131;
    I think this is because every camp sees what they want to see and/or can convince themselves to see what they want to see. Team Jenni thinks there is NO way in the world she could be fake because she seems so sweet and genuine. Team DeAnna says that she seems fake because they see that DeAnna is genuine and real and tells it like it is. Neither one wants to believe badly about their girl or good about the other girl.

And THAT is why Fleiss is a master. He can make you believe both what HE wants you to believe and also what YOU want to believe. Interesting.

I see less substance with Jenni and Brad but thta's the edit to me and I liked DeAnna from the get go. You see emotion and depth in Jenni because you like her. It's interesting to see what others see.
    Well said, Vexer!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lyb5007;2664960;
    Chad had apparently liked Sheena very much, when they met during the twin switch segment.

I found myself liking Sheena even more after the WTA, and being glad that she got the diamond earrings - not nearly as good as winning Brad's heart, but a nice consolation prize, so to speak.

I have to say, Whimzeegal, that I'm rootin' for you and Spence, and Trev and Liv as much as for our Brad. I've found all of your posts endearing and am wishing you the best!
    Sheena is dating - quite happily so. I don't believe they would have been a fit - - I believe her life's course is on a different track than Brad's and I believe he saw that.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Vexer;2665036;
    Sorry, it's my opinion - and I really did and at times still do. I roll my eyes every time she'd throw her head back and laugh and it was difficult for me to tell the difference between the dolphins and her last week. She's grown on me and while I was never a fan per se, as long as she was not doing that seemingly over the top laugh (IMO), she wasn't so bad. I think that in some ways she cares about Brad and it did seem to me that the other girls liked her so I give her credit for that.

But it all adds to my view that I question her sincerity. Deep down, everything seems to be acted or fake. This lends itself to the belief that Brad finds out one of the girls is lying and ends it with her IMO.
    I think the replay of the annoying laugh was part of the ploy. None of the girls made a comment about it and they lived with her. It would seem to me that it is part of the edit - - to splice all the times that she did laugh into each and every edit - just to rub a enough people wrong and ensure that there would be fans rooting for the other F2.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;2664862;
    I have to agree...somewhat..I like both girls..but am still a "Dune-Buggy" fan at best....I too saw the scene with DeAnna as the "BUT" scene...then they kept showing Jenni scenes and all she does is giggle and laugh...I guess I was hoping for something else from her at this point...so maybe she knows she is just the "good-time" girl....

guess we will find out in a loooong week!
    I'm still trying to figure out why most think that DeAnna is getting the F2 edit simply because they feel a "but" is coming in Brad's talk with her. If anything it's a F1 edit. Every season, before the FRC, TPTB show pics of one of the final 2 looking like they are getting the axe speech, while the other one is getting the final rose speech. From what I can remember from past shows, it's been the exact opposite of what is previously implied. So to me, seeing Jenni look so happy, hearing Brad say good things to her, and Brad's expression showing contentment looking like he is choosing Jenni, means just the opposite (Brad is getting ready to say goodbye to her). Likewise with DeAnna, looking unsure with Brad's conversation leaving room for the "but," and Brad's frown like expressions that leads one to believe that she gets the "axe," means just the opposite. ( Brad is getting ready to propose to her.)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lellis819;2664938;
    Finally..I've read and read til I got here Jewelsy! I saw no tears, no running nose, no puffy eyes, what I saw was a really good attempt at acting sad and scared....didn't work for me either. I watched 4 times and it only got less believeable each time!
    Ah, okay then. Thanks for giving me the visuals. No one had responded and I didn't know if it was because people thought my post was in jest, or if it was that damned invisible ink again. But seriously, I can't see (i.e. blind as a bat) and the tears/no tears thing was really bugging me.

Thanks again, Lellis.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by StellaGeorge;2665146;
    I think the replay of the annoying laugh was part of the ploy. None of the girls made a comment about it and they lived with her. It would seem to me that it is part of the edit - - to splice all the times that she did laugh into each and every edit - just to rub a enough people wrong and ensure that there would be fans rooting for the other F2.
    I think a lot of that comes from 1) the girls all spend much more time with each other so there are obviously times when Jenni wasn't doing her belly laugh and 2) they might just not have shown the other girls talking about Jenni and her laugh. I could be imagining this, but I thought I remember some girls talking about her being fake or that how could she be that happy all the time or something.

But I agree that this was probably her part of the bad edit. They needed something else to make her look bad besides her first love - dancing - in order to cast that doubt. Each girl has to have that level of doubt so we don't know which one he picks. DeAnna's bad side is her abrasiveness.

FORT Fogey

Since my post above, I've learned the following about the WTA:

Bettina was 'difficult' thoughout the taping of WTA last week. At the end of the audience taping, the women were asked who they thought Brad would choose...everyone had an opinion except Bettina. She got a smirk/smile on her face and said "It could be either (she then shrugged) and it could be neither, I don't really know." Taping continued (with the cast) and then during the break a producer went to Bettina to ask her to clarify and make a decision about who Brad would select. Bettina was seen shaking her head and laughing in response to the producer. Producer no. one left and producer no. two came out, this time a no nonsense looking female producer. She knelt down in front of Bettina and went back and forth with her for about a minute and then left. They then re-taped that scene, with Bettina saying 'Deanna'.

The above occurred after Bettina's prolonged and increasingly uncomfortable questioning about the reason Brad gave her a rose after her hometown date (very little was show on the WTA of this, whereas Bettina and Brad went back and forth--question, answer, question answer--for over five minutes during taping). Finally, the audience near Brad started to make annoyed noises (because Bettina was being difficult) and so Brad turned to the audience near him, winked and then turned back (this was all during the taping, not off camera) and said to Bettina, they (he indicated the audience) know me better then you do if you think that. (That meaning he judged her family.) The questioning, as seen in the previews, ended with Brad confronting Bettina on her erroneous statement that he judged her family.

After the above happened, the producers taped all the girls individually saying what to look for in the next bachelor and Bettina's answer was her slap back.

I have tried to paraphrase the above accurately.
    Last edited by tabby cat; 11-13-2007 at 03:28 PM.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2665171;
    Since my post above, I've learned the following about the WTA:

Bettina was 'difficult' thoughout the taping of WTA last week. At the end of the audience taping, the women were asked who they thought Brad would choose...everyone had an opinion except Bettina. She got a smirk/smile on her face and said "It could be either (she then shrugged) and it could be neither, I don't really know." Taping continued (with the cast) and then during the break a producer went to Bettina to ask her to clarify and make a decision about who Brad would select. Bettina was seen shaking her head and laughing in response to the producer. Producer no. one left and producer no. two came out, this time a no nonsense looking female producer. She knelt down in front of Bettina and went back and forth with her for about a minute and then left. They then re-taped that scene, with Bettina saying 'Deanna'.

The above occurred after Bettina's prolonged and increasingly uncomfortable questioning of the reason Brad gave her a rose after her hometown date (very little was show on the WTA of this, whereas Bettina and Brad went back and forth--question, answer, question answer--for over five minutes during taping). Finally, the audience near Brad started to make annoyed noises (because Bettina was being difficult) and so Brad turned to the audience near him, winked and then turned back (this was all during the taping, not off camera) and said to Bettina, they (he indicated the audience) knows me better then you do if you think that. (That meaning that he judged her family and ending with him confronting her on her erroneous statement that he judged her family).

After all the above, the producers taped all the girls individually saying what to look for in the next bachelor and Bettina's answer was her slap back.

I have tried to paraphrase the above accurately.
    Wow, that's really interesting. Too bad we didn't get a 2hr WTA. Then again, too bad we're not getting a 2hr finale!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Is anyone else having Gwen/Helene/Aaron flashbacks? JenniGwen is sweet and wonderful. DeannaHelene is strong and independent. Aaron went with strong and independent, when sweetness probably would have been a better choice in the long run. I'm still sticking with Deanna (just can't deny that look he had in his eyes at dinner), but I still wonder what it is he really needs/wants.