Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language & Non Verbal Communication - *Spoilers*

Re: Body Language & Non Verbal Communication - *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2651836;
    I don't know what it means either but when I kiss my hubby, I'm the one that usually holds his face. It's always been that way. He on the hand holds my hands...

I suspect it is different for each couple because I asked hubby if it was that way with other women he kissed and he said no, it was different- something about the way they "fit together".
    That could be ture. Maybe with Jenni she is just more aggressive in their relationship and Brad is ok with that. Maybe with DeAnna Brad is more aggressive because DeAnna isn't. He seems comfortable with either situation. I am so confused. One minute I think it is Jenni and the next I think it is DeAnna, ugh!!!!
    Ready for DeAnna to find her man!!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2651836;
    I don't know what it means either but when I kiss my hubby, I'm the one that usually holds his face. It's always been that way. He on the hand holds my hands...

I suspect it is different for each couple because I asked hubby if it was that way with other women he kissed and he said no, it was different- something about the way they "fit together".
    IMO, they very very often kiss like that for the UNromantic reasons that it better shields mouths/lips from the camera. Of any filmed activity that is unnatural, it's got to be the kissing. They are either trying to make it look hot, or not, depending upon many outside factors, not the least of which is an awareness that they, their loved one(s), and 9 million strangers will be watching it on TV and endlessly analyzing it. Especially this bachelor who watched every prior episode. I know that sometimes they forget the cameras are there, but I think this bachelor is always always hyper-aware of the filming. (Last Bachelor seemed to lose himself in the moment ... a lot.)

FORT Fogey

Arggh...darn computer. I wrote everything up last night and something happened and, ping, it disappeared. I'll try again.

Wow, I'm floored!

Jenni has courage. She was really afraid of being in close contact with the dolphins but tried it anyway. I was surprised at how coy she became when Brad asked her a very important question. You would think, at this point in the show, she would be able to take the risk of telling Brad what he needs to hear right now. I don't think that Brad was overly upset about it, even though in his PI he said he was surprised that she didn't open up, because at dinner, while she is fumbling and awkward in trying to tell him how she feels, Brad has an expression on his face, eyebrows raised, smiling eyes, mouth in a cheeky smile indicating 'come on, let's see how you get yourself out of this one.' I thought the line of the season has to go to Jenni. "I'm pretty sure you have something special in your pocket." LOL...uhmm, I'm sure he does I really enjoyed the teasing that he does with her. I don't see that with any of the other women. There wasn't a great deal of physical interaction from Brad toward Jenni. When they were kissing at the dolphin area he didn't even touch her.

Brad seemed anxious, playing with his fingers, biting his lip, while waiting for Bettina. I thought it was interesting that he said, "If I don't see the real woman today then I never will." I guess that could have said everything we needed to know right there. Did anyone else check the crew members out...they were glued to her while she was stripping down to her bikini...ha! Also, the rock formations on that island were, well, let's just say my daughter and I were killing ourselves laughing because they looked like...er...something very obvious...LOL Brad's face softened when she mentioned that her family noticed that she is obviously falling love. I thought they were cute, at times, during dinner but there just wasn't a great deal of physical interaction from Brad. Even the hot tub scene, which was so anticipated, he didn't even touch her, although I thought there were screencaps, or a preview, showing him cradling her in his arms. Did anyone else notice the repeat of the kiss? They showed the kiss and then showed the same kiss from a different angle. Chop, chop, chop. Later they show another clip in the hot tub and Brad is leaning in to give her a kiss and she kind of pulls her head away so he pulls back a bit. Not a positive message.

A big hug for DeAnna, similar to the one he gave Bettina, lifting her off the ground. He seems to look away from her when he holds her which indicates disinterest yet, when they are at dinner, he exudes affection and interest. When she says she is falling in love with him he bites his lip, which would normally be an anxious expression, but it is followed by his eyes changing to what I would describe as smiling eyes and then he lowers his head and shows a big smile. He really liked her saying that; he indicated giddy with happiness for a moment there. Both hands on the face kiss...hmmm...and he smiles while he is kissing her. He doesn't want to let her go. He also opened his eyes, in the pool, while kissing her. I've noticed that she does this, too, and has done it many times. When you do that it's very intimate and personal.

Interesting that when Brad went back to DeAnna and Jenni he says, "a sigh of relief (he was saying it about himself)," after hugging them both. I don't know if it was audible or not.

So, that's that. I'm still floored.
    Last edited by Lynn7; 11-06-2007 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2651986;
    Arggh...darn computer. I wrote everything up last night and something happened and, ping, it disappeared. I'll try again.

Wow, I'm floored!

Jenni has courage. She was really afraid of being in close contact with the dolphins but tried it anyway. I was surprised at how coy she became when Brad asked her a very important question. You would think, at this point in the show, she would be able to take the risk of telling Brad what he needs to hear right now. I don't think that Brad was overly upset about it, even though in his PI he said he was surprised that she didn't open up, because at dinner, while she is fumbling and awkward in trying to tell him how she feels, Brad has an expression on his face, eyebrows raised, smiling eyes, mouth in a cheeky smile indicating 'come on, let's see how you get yourself out of this one.' I thought the line of the season has to go to Jenni. "I'm pretty sure you have something special in your pocket." LOL...uhmm, I'm sure he does I really enjoyed the teasing that he does with her. I don't see that with any of the other women. There wasn't a great deal of physical interaction from Brad toward Jenni. When they were kissing at the dolphin area he didn't even touch her.

Brad seemed anxious, playing with his fingers, biting his lip, while waiting for Bettina. I thought it was interesting that he said, "If I don't see the real woman today then I never will." I guess that could have said everything we needed to know right there. Did anyone else check the crem members out...they were glued to her while she was stripping down to her bikini...ha! Also, the rock formations on that island were, well, let's just say my daughter and I were killing ourselves laughing because they looked like...er...something very obvious...LOL Brad's face softened when she mentioned that her family noticed that she is obviously falling love. I thought they were cute, at times, during dinner but there just wasn't a great deal of physical interaction from Brad. Even the hot tub scene, which was so anticipated, he didn't even touch her, although I thought there were screencaps, or a preview, showing him cradling her in his arms. Did anyone else notice the repeat of the kiss? They showed the kiss and then showed the same kiss from a different angle. Chop, chop, chop. Later they show another clip in the hot tub and Brad is leaning in to give her a kiss and she kind of pulls her head away so he pulls back a bit. Not a positive message.

A big hug for DeAnna, similar to the one he gave Bettina, lifting her off the ground. He seems to look away from her when he holds her which indicates disinterest yet, when they are at dinner, he exudes affection and interest. When she says she is falling in love with him he bites his lip, which would normally be an anxious expression, but it is followed by his eyes changing to what I would describe as smiling eyes and then he lowers his head and shows a big smile. He really liked her saying that; he indicated giddy with happiness for a moment there. Both hands on the face kiss...hmmm...and he smiles while he is kissing her. He doesn't want to let her go. He also opened his eyes, in the pool, while kissing her. I've noticed that she does this, too, and has done it many times. When you do that it's very intimate and personal.

Interesting that when Brad went back to DeAnna and Jenni he says, "a sigh of relief (he was saying it about himself)," after hugging them both. I don't know if it was audible or not.

So, that's that. I'm still floored.
    Lynn, GREAT analysis, as always! I don't post here a lot, but have been lurking all season, and I find your analyses quite interesting!

The comment when he returned after saying goodbye to Bettina was audible (barely), and I caught that last night, too. I meant to comment on that here on the board, but forgot about it until you mentioned it today.

Lynn- did you notice in Jenni's PI's that her face appeared flushed? I swear it did....or am I overanalyzing?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2651986;
    Brad seemed anxious, playing with his fingers, biting his lip, while waiting for Bettina. I thought it was interesting that he said, "If I don't see the real woman today then I never will." I guess that could have said everything we needed to know right there. Did anyone else check the crew members out...they were glued to her while she was stripping down to her bikini...ha! Also, the rock formations on that island were, well, let's just say my daughter and I were killing ourselves laughing because they looked like...er...something very obvious...LOL Brad's face softened when she mentioned that her family noticed that she is obviously falling love. I thought they were cute, at times, during dinner but there just wasn't a great deal of physical interaction from Brad. Even the hot tub scene, which was so anticipated, he didn't even touch her, although I thought there were screencaps, or a preview, showing him cradling her in his arms. Did anyone else notice the repeat of the kiss? They showed the kiss and then showed the same kiss from a different angle. Chop, chop, chop. Later they show another clip in the hot tub and Brad is leaning in to give her a kiss and she kind of pulls her head away so he pulls back a bit. Not a positive message.
    I also noticed the guys staring at Bettina in the background when she was stripping down to her bikini. I noticed it from the screen caps from the previews last week. That one guy had a creepy smile on his face.

I saw the repeat of the kiss too. I had to explain it to the fiance, because he didn't realize it LOL

Another great post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2652015;
    Lynn- did you notice in Jenni's PI's that her face appeared flushed? I swear it did....or am I overanalyzing?
    Yeah, she looked flushed to me too. I'm not sure why. It could have been lighting; a tan; the red wine she was drinking....

FORT Regular

"When she says she is falling in love with him he bites his lip, which would normally be an anxious expression"

I noticed this too, but with the splicing and dicing they did during that date (how many hairstyles did DeAnna have!), I really have to wonder if that was his true reaction after that comment or not.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hannelorea;2652231;
    "When she says she is falling in love with him he bites his lip, which would normally be an anxious expression"

I noticed this too, but with the splicing and dicing they did during that date (how many hairstyles did DeAnna have!), I really have to wonder if that was his true reaction after that comment or not.
    I qualified it...you have to read it all
    When she says she is falling in love with him he bites his lip, which would normally be an anxious expression, but it is followed by his eyes changing to what I would describe as smiling eyes and then he lowers his head and shows a big smile. He really liked her saying that; he indicated giddy with happiness for a moment there.

Lynn7 thank you for all of your body language analysis! I was wondering if you can comment on the final 2 or final 3 ladies body language from last night? I'm thinking specifically during the dinners. It looked to me like Deanna was leaning back more and Jenni was leaning forward more. Did you see that as well?