Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language & Non Verbal Communication - *Spoilers*

Re: Body Language & Non Verbal Communication - *Spoilers*

Yes Lynn, in today's episode, you have your work cut out for you. Please do let us know .

FORT Fogey

Thanks everyone

I'm still trying to find the other posts and I'll add them when I find them.

LOL...it's good that I'm on a brief sabbatical...this is like a full time job for me, and way more fun

FORT Fogey

I found a couple more. I have also done some lip reading for non-audible scenes but who knows where those posts are...LOL

10/22/07:
    Arggh...my darn computer connection was out all week. Internet providers.....ggrrrrr

Anyhow, I typed out my thoughts in a word document while watching the show; so here they are, choppy just like the show.

Bettina puts her hand at his elbow and he embraces it, mutual affection. Bettina's body is always facing him which indicates clear interest on her part. Brad seemed a little protective, or defensive, initially. They laugh so much and I wish the editors let us hear what they are laughing about. He wanted to kiss her but was willing to wait; he wants to listen to what she has to say. He has questions but he is willing to wait for the answers. A really choppy edit and the quickest date in Bachelor history.

Kristy saying that she isnít really a pool person was very telling. Brad loves to get up and swim in the morning. Not necessarily a bad thing but not something they would be doing together. Obviously, she is gone.

Hillary struck me as being a little tipsy during the group date. Brad was not into Hillary at all. The old polite attention thing was going again. If I didnít already know she was leaving I would say she was leaving. Brad has a pattern of complimenting the women about their personalities, dresses, hair, etc., that he is eventually going to let go. It's what I call the complimentary build up to the limo ride home.

DeAnna seemed snarky and smug today. Is this the real her or is she being sarcastic? She seemed to behave just like she did with McCarten and the rose last week. I thought what she did to Kristy was just plain mean and cruel. She seems to blink her eyes a great deal when I donít see her as being sincere. Her kiss with Brad seemed like she wasnít comfortable doing it even though her words said otherwise. It probably sounds strange to read this but I honestly thought she was acting during that kiss and couldn't pull off being genuine and started laughing.

I honestly didnít get a great deal of chemistry between Brad and Sheena. It came across to me as though he was trying to like her because his brother had gone on and on about her as opposed to genuine feelings from Brad. Her body language towards him wasnít guarded per se, it was more cautious but interested.

What I took from Bettinaís comment about her date being boring was that she actually thought the opposite, that it wasnít boring. Saying anything else to the girls would require her to open up with the details and she doesnít strike me as someone who is into the kiss and tell. Iíve said similar things in the past to cut off the interrogation before it even begins, if that makes sense. I guess if youíre a private person that somehow makes you mysterious and not there for the right reasons. So, thatís how I took it. I'm surprised at how many people think she is done simply because of that comment.

Also meant to add: Brad handing his glass to Bettina, before tending to Hillary, was telling. That is something spouses would do; a comfortable reaction.

I also thought DeAnna was very uncomfortable with the whole scene. Jenni just wanted to smell her rose and only Sheena and Bettina seemed concerned with Brad's distress.

10/29/07:
    Thoughts about tonight:

First off-lots of stereotypes about owning bars...I was honestly surprised.

Brad really seems to have cooled off toward Jenni; or he came across as uncomfortable at times. It could have been because it was the first home town date and not necessarily her. She reaches for him voluntarily but he isn't doing it back. She strokes his wrist, a subtle form of looking for a response, but he just sits there with his foot across his knee, not reciprocating. Looking at his nails while she is telling him they are going to his hair salon screams nervous. There was so much more regarding the family response but I don't want to take up too much room. It was nice to see them talking about a sustantial topic; like what the concerns are around a long distance relationship. He was noticably sweating during dinner. Nervous is an understatement. Looking away from her, the way he did, while she was telling him about how important dancing is to her and that she would be in it for him 1 million percent, spelt doom for her, IMO. He's questioning her feelings for him at this point.

Same kind of hug to Sheena that he gave Jenni, not a great deal there. Aries and Scorpio together? Please!! Wow, is all I can say. He didn't even kiss her on the lips while in the hottub. Of course, we know she is gone.

The body language in the car with DeAnna and Brad was confusing. The space between them indicates a lack of interest but he affectionately rubs her wrist which reads as wanting to be close with her. He could still be confused. I thought her showing the photos of her mother, who she obviously cares so much about, I thought, was tastefully done and not in any way to elicit sympathy from Brad. Brad seemed very happy with the big family environment. He kisses her after their date and it was very tender and sweet. I couldn't read caution in his kiss at all but, then again, how much Ouzo did he really consume? LOL So, therefore, it can be construed as hard to read.

Great big hug for Bettina and they were both ecstatic to see each other. They were intertwined in the limo reading as very comfortable and mutual affection. Wow, did the two wives look like they could be sisters or what? The great disappointment comment, which he laughed at, is not surprising coming from a Professor (and her Dad). The first husband was a teacher so her father could be expressing prejudice. I thought the two wives were rude toward him...I certainly wouldn't want to be around them. They were being judgmental and her mother, I thought, was being more protective than judgmental. The two mothers essentailly closed off, without any real interest in him as a person and how they would treat their daughter, which would be of most importance to me. I would have liked to have seem the unchopped edit of Bettina with her father because there was so much more there. Brad is in a quandry here.

Key comment from Brad tonight, I thought, was, "Family means everything to me. I mean, I want to marry a woman that I can walk into her house, shake her fathers hand, hug her mother, and feel like family."

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2649870;
    ...10/22/07:
    ...Also meant to add: Brad handing his glass to Bettina, before tending to Hillary, was telling. That is something spouses would do; a comfortable reaction.

...only Sheena and Bettina seemed concerned with Brad's distress.

10/29/07:
    ...DeAnna ...He kisses her after their date and it was very tender and sweet. I couldn't read caution in his kiss at all but, then again, how much Ouzo did he really consume? LOL So, therefore, it can be construed as hard to read....
    Great post! The points above were things I'd picked up on and forgot to mention. I'm so glad that you're so thorough! Thanks!! And please keep up the good work!!!

Hugs with rubbing back vs Hugs with pat-pat on the back or shoulder.

What do they mean?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Laser62;2649933;
    Great post! The points above were things I'd picked up on and forgot to mention. I'm so glad that you're so thorough! Thanks!! And please keep up the good work!!!

I should mention that these are my uncut versions so I haven't posted my responses to people who questioned what I saw. Ha, well, only one person questioned what I wrote. I believe it was MomLady who pointed out that I had missed that Brad initially started to hand the glass to DeAnna but ended up giving it to Bettina instead because DeAnna's hands were full (the night Hillary left).

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2650012;
    I should mention that these are my uncut versions so I haven't posted my responses to people who questioned what I saw. Ha, well, only one person questioned what I wrote. I believe it was MomLady who pointed out that I had missed that Brad initially started to hand the glass to DeAnna but ended up giving it to Bettina instead because DeAnna's hands were full (the night Hillary left).
    Sorry but I have to correct you here. I just watched it with the sound off. Brad initially started to hand the glass towards Bettina but she was looking out towards Hillary, she does not react, he turns to Deanna which gets Bettina's attention and she takes the glass from him. Hopefully that will make sense.

One thing I did notice during Hillary's breakdown both Sheena and Bettina would watch Brad or look out towards Hillary but Jenni would only look at Brad when during his pacing he came close to her otherwise she was smelling her rose. Deanna rarely looked up, kept her eyes to the ground as much as possible.

Deanna seems to be soo unhappy - or scared - at the rose ceremonies - always looking go glum - looking down - even in the previews for tonite - she is stonefaced - again
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;2650047;
    Sorry but I have to correct you here. I just watched it with the sound off. Brad initially started to hand the glass towards Bettina but she was looking out towards Hillary, she does not react, he turns to Deanna which gets Bettina's attention and she takes the glass from him. Hopefully that will make sense.

One thing I did notice during Hillary's breakdown both Sheena and Bettina would watch Brad or look out towards Hillary but Jenni would only look at Brad when during his pacing he came close to her otherwise she was smelling her rose. Deanna rarely looked up, kept her eyes to the ground as much as possible.
    Great catch Chaserla So does this mean that DeAnna is aware of Brads feelings toward Bettina??? That is definitely interesting

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2650084;
    Great catch Chaserla So does this mean that DeAnna is aware of Brads feelings toward Bettina??? That is definitely interesting

It was all innocent I mean even Sheena thought to take the glass from Brad. I think everyone(well maybe not everyone as Jenni wass to busy smelling her rose to notice LOL) was trying to accommodate him at this point in this awkward situation. i am sure that she noticed but as I said it was an innocent gesture I don't think Deanna would give it much thought.