Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language & Non Verbal Communication - *Spoilers*

Re: Body Language & Non Verbal Communication - *Spoilers*

Bugsme3 and Cape,

Thank you for the heads up on Lynn's posts.

From Lynn's post:
    ...When he was talking to DeAnna her body language was signalling that, with her body faced to him, she was in to him but with her legs crossed she is saying that she is a little guarded. Bettina was playing with her hair while talking to Brad which is an indication that she likes him, is attracted to him, and wants to know him more. She, also, pointed her legs toward him, crossed indicating caution, but the fact that they were pointed toward his body means that she is really interested in him sexually.
    I would like to comment on various parts of the post, but first I want to give my thoughts on the hair playing.

Bettina's hair playing is a tell sign about her. I think that Bettina does it when she is maybe uncomfortable or uneasy about something. She does not do it all the time with Brad. Looking at the times itis done, will give us more clues as to when it is done, ex, wanting to tell Brad about the divorce.

I play with my hair. My mom said that from an early age she knew that as soon as I started playing with my hair, that it was time for bed. As soon as my husband sees me doing it, he tells me to stop it and go to bed. I think I do it, as a way to stay awake, not to sure. I only do it when tired.

Playing with hair can also be related to anxiety on her part. Not sexual tension...it can be anxiety on her part (internal) or anxiety on the conversation. (upcoming or past)

I've spotted that with Bettina several times. I can't recall the episodes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2644118;
    Bugsme3 and Cape,

Thank you for the heads up on Lynn's posts.

From Lynn's post:

I would like to comment on various parts of the post, but first I want to give my thoughts on the hair playing.

Bettina's hair playing is a tell sign about her. I think that Bettina does it when she is maybe uncomfortable or uneasy about something. She does not do it all the time with Brad. Looking at the times itis done, will give us more clues as to when it is done, ex, wanting to tell Brad about the divorce.

I play with my hair. My mom said that from an early age she knew that as soon as I started playing with my hair, that it was time for bed. As soon as my husband sees me doing it, he tells me to stop it and go to bed. I think I do it, as a way to stay awake, not to sure. I only do it when tired.
    The thing is that you need to look at how she is playing with her hair. On E1 night she is playing with her hair, slightly twisting it around in her finger, flirty, interested, wants to know him more. You wouldn't expect someone to continue to play with their hair like that as they do continue to get to know someone better. I guess you could say the signal/message was sent and he received it.

The other times that we see Bettina playing with her hair is either twisting it up into a kind of a bun at the back of her head (nervous) or stiff hand with her thumb brushing her hair back (anxious) or just plain open hand running through her hair to get it out of her face (vanity...ha!).

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2644326;
    The thing is that you need to look at how she is playing with her hair. On E1 night she is playing with her hair, slightly twisting it around in her finger, flirty, interested, wants to know him more. You wouldn't expect someone to continue to play with their hair like that as they do continue to get to know someone better. I guess you could say the signal/message was sent and he received it.

The other times that we see Bettina playing with her hair is either twisting it up into a kind of a bun at the back of her head (nervous) or stiff hand with her thumb brushing her hair back (anxious) or just plain open hand running through her hair to get it out of her face (vanity...ha!).
    Lynn,

thanks for explaining the difference, I would need to watch again to notice it. Since I play with my hair I did not really look that closely.

In E1, I thought Bettina was playing with some big earing that she was wearing. Humm. Do I need to watch again?

Lynn thank you for all your analysis post. I will enjoy reading them.

Lynn, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Will you be able to give us your insight after the fantasy dates????

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by krrj;2644343;
    Lynn, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Will you be able to give us your insight after the fantasy dates????
    I add a comment each Monday after the show and it goes in the Thoughts and Comments - General thread

All you need to know...

FORT Regular

I love this montage Randall! He loves putting his hands in her hair, that shows a sign of committment, if you ask me!

Re: All you need to know...

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2645040;
    Coming from you I'll take it for a fact.

From a body language website: "A two-handed handshake is not for first meetings. It is a sign of real affection, and you should reserve it for friends and intimates."

Jenni.jpg