Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language & Non Verbal Communication - *Spoilers*

Re: Body Language & Non Verbal Communication - *Spoilers*

Well, I'm picking Jenni due to body language! Can I say my higher loss of dB's outweigh yours Lynn?

Where's the other deafie? What's her pick?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2655407;
    Well, I'm picking Jenni due to body language! Can I say my higher loss of dB's outweigh yours Lynn?

Where's the other deafie? What's her pick?
    Oh, no. We'll really start confusing people if we all have different picks...LOL

Love your observations, Lynn.

I thought Brad looked really pleased with Deanna's remarks at dinner and just knew he had to hold himself back from reciprocating. I don't really care which one he picks though.

BB AND LATE NIGHT SNACKS winniechloe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2655494;
    Oh, no. We'll really start confusing people if we all have different picks...LOL
    The only other person left to pick is chris. By his expression I think he has a bromance with brad

Quote Originally Posted by winniechloe;2655507;
    The only other person left to pick is chris. By his expression I think he has a bromance with brad
    That must account for his somber expression when Jenni is walking up! He knows Brad is going to propose to her and CH will have missed his opportunity to have his soulmate, Brad!

FORT Regular

Oooh, I love body language analysis. What a great thread! I'm not deaf or HH, but I was a sign language interpreter for 4 years . I've watched about 2/3 of the seasons of the Bachelor/ette, and once I started analyzing the body language - after I was totally fooled by Trista's season, I've been right every time. That doesn't mean I can't still be wrong, though.

I thought that Brad lay on the bed with Jenni in such an awkward manner because he had already made his choice in his heart, and he didn't want to be seen by his chosen one on camera, passionately making out with another woman. Remember, we don't see the FD in the order they really happened, so if Brad had already had his date with DeAnna, and had realized she had real feelings for him as well, he may have been in the midst of realizing that she really was his pick, and so being in a bed with Jenni began to feel wrong. More wrong than just laughing and kissing a bit during the rest of the date.

I never thought he'd pick Bettina because I never saw a real connection between them, body language-wise. I think he genuinely liked her, and I think he wanted, and hoped he could develop the feelings he needed in order to have her be the one, which is why he kept her after the HT date, even though, as he said on the Bobby Bones show it really was as difficult as it looked on T.V. But I never saw the underlying connection in their body language from either Brad or Bettina. It just didn't happen. I also don't think that Bettina would ultimately be happy with Brad, and I think she knew it, and that's why she came off as "guarded" to him. She really was guarding her true self who wants a different kind of relationship than the one she could have with Brad. For one thing, I don't think he would challenge her enough intellectually (not saying anything bad about Brad!). It looked to me like she was trying to convince herself that he was the one, but her intuition was telling her otherwise, and that's why she pulled away from him when things started to get intimate. I think they had a real attraction to each other, but that it's for the best that they didn't carry it any further in the long run.

I've thought that he would ultimately pick DeAnna from the first night of the show based on body language. I posted about it on another site. If he does pick her, it'll be the first time I was able to see it from the first night forward!

Lynn - you rock! I love reading all your analyses. They're fascinating.
    Last edited by RealityCreator; 11-08-2007 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Because there's a difference between manor and manner - hee!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SmittenAKFan;2655285;
    To the body language experts...could Brad have been so still on the bed with Jenni because he was frustrated and maybe even a little angry with her for not sharing her feelings? I don't think he looked disinterested, I think he looked more pensive and maybe guarded with her for the first time.
    Arggh...darn computer. This is the third time I've tried to respond. The first time my power died and I lost everything that I had typed. The second time I lost my internet connection and couldn't get my typed reply back. So, here goes nothing.

I didn't see him as being angry at all during the date. He seemed perplexed that she wouldn't answer his question because that just didn't seem like her.

In the FD suite, his hand is on his forehead read as disinterested. The hand on the top of his head read as distancing. When I put the whole scene together she is pushing and he is pulling away. He's laying there on the bed with his hand on his stomach while she is kissing him. He isn't even touching her. I wouldn't be to happy for this kind of lack of response. He does touch her face but it is not done in an emotionally invested or intimate way; it comes across like he's going through the motions even though I don't think he really is. It's more friendly even though, traditionally, a kiss is not friendly, but I don't know how else to explain it. He goes to close the door and kind of puffs out a breath and his facial expression read to me as, "just get through the night." So, going through the motions.

It's too bad that we don't have another FD suite to compare it to because then I could point out specifics. The three dinners, though, were very telling. Brad showed the most tender and loving interaction with DeAnna and while most viewers might, primarily, only see the physical side there is a silent language going on between them that is beyond physical.
    Last edited by Lynn7; 11-08-2007 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCreator;2655532;
    Oooh, I love body language analysis. What a great thread! I'm not deaf or HH, but I was a sign language interpreter for 4 years . I've watched about 2/3 of the seasons of the Bachelor/ette, and once I started analyzing the body language - after I was totally fooled by Trista's season, I've been right every time. That doesn't mean I can't still be wrong, though.

I thought that Brad lay on the bed with Jenni in such an awkward manner because he had already made his choice in his heart, and he didn't want to be seen by his chosen one on camera, passionately making out with another woman. Remember, we don't see the FD in the order they really happened, so if Brad had already had his date with DeAnna, and had realized she had real feelings for him as well, he may have been in the midst of realizing that she really was his pick, and so being in a bed with Jenni began to feel wrong. More wrong than just laughing and kissing a bit during the rest of the date.

I never thought he'd pick Bettina because I never saw a real connection between them, body language-wise. I think he genuinely liked her, and I think he wanted, and hoped he could develop the feelings he needed in order to have her be the one, which is why he kept her after the HT date, even though, as he said on the Bobby Bones show it really was as difficult as it looked on T.V. But I never saw the underlying connection in their body language from either Brad or Bettina. It just didn't happen. I also don't think that Bettina would ultimately be happy with Brad, and I think she knew it, and that's why she came off as "guarded" to him. She really was guarding her true self who wants a different kind of relationship than the one she could have with Brad. For one thing, I don't think he would challenge her enough intellectually (not saying anything bad about Brad!). It looked to me like she was trying to convince herself that he was the one, but her intuition was telling her otherwise, and that's why she pulled away from him when things started to get intimate. I think they had a real attraction to each other, but that it's for the best that they didn't carry it any further in the long run.

I've thought that he would ultimately pick DeAnna from the first night of the show based on body language. I posted about it on another site. If he does pick her, it'll be the first time I was able to see it from the first night forward!

Lynn - you rock! I love reading all your analyses. They're fascinating.

I agree with everything. I'm sure that Jenni and Bettina's date were indeed before DeAnna's. He mentions that in the show.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2655537;
    Arggh...darn computer. This is the third time I've tried to respond. The first time my power died and I lost everything that I had typed. The second time I lost my internet connection and couldn't get my typed reply back. So, here goes nothing.

I didn't see him as being angry at all during the date. He seemed perplexed that she wouldn't answer his question because that just didn't seem like her.

In the FD suite, his hand is on his forehead read as disinterested. The hand on the top of his head read as distancing. When I put the whole scene together she is pushing and he is pulling away. He's laying there on the bed with his hand on his stomach while she is kissing him. He isn't even touching her. I wouldn't be to happy for this kind of lack of response. He does touch her face but it is not done in an emotionally invested or intimate way; it comes across like he's going through the motions even though I don't think he really is. It's more friendly even though, traditionally, a kiss is not friendly, but I don't know how else to explain it. He goes to close the door and kind of puffs out a breath and his facial expression read to me as, "just get through the night." So, going through the motions.

It's too bad that we don't have another FD suite to compare it to because then I could point out specifics. The three dinners, though, were very telling. Brad showed the most tender and loving interaction with DeAnna and while most viewers might, primarily, only see the physical side there is a silent language going on between them that is beyond physical.
    Thanks Lynn for answering. I didn't like the answer. But thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2655537;
    there is a silent language going on between them that is beyond physical.
    I totally saw that and found it to be the most telling yet. Thanks for the insight .