Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 233

Thread: A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

  1. #1
    His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in the Garden!
    Posts
    4,982

    A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

    Ladies and Gentleman (how's that for an attention getting opening? )
    I just have to do a little sharing in behalf of my close friends and fellow sleuthers, BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl about this past Monday and an experience and trip of a lifetime. I know each of them will probably want to share also, but I know I can speak for the group in saying this.
    Not to be too catty BUT we ladies and Blondie's wonderful husband, had the unique and amazing privilege of meeting Babyface (from the FORT), but Jason in real life and Brad (yes, Brad as in THE BACHELOR) in Austin on Monday. Words can not due justice to the excitement we felt in meeting and getting to visit with first Jason and then Brad.
    I just want to publicly extend a HUGE thank you to you, Jason and Brad for showing us such a fantastic time and treating us so special!! I personally felt honored to meet and spend time with them.
    I just want to say this, to anyone who is still not convinced that Brad is the real deal and the most honest and down to earth, special BAchelor we've ever had, believe me when I say that is he every bit of that description and so much more. Not mention, he is even more handsome in person (ok shallowness, cannot be totally dismissed ) I truly adored Brad and Jason.
    I'm not going to go into specifics about what we did, except to say we had a tour of the bars (except the Marc which is closed on Mondays) and watched the show at one of their bars. We were treated royally!
    I'd like to ask all of you to NOT drown our PM boxes asking us who Brad picks, because we don't know. They were very discreet and true to their contracts and did not give away any clues and we respected that and didn't ask.
    The biggest thing I want to say, is that I want what's best for Brad and what he feels will make him happy. We're all waiting like each of you to see how this plays out, but trust me in saying that to know him, would only make you want for him to be happy with his decision whatever that was!!
    P.S. as you can imagine, I'm still floating on cloud 9!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

  2. #2
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,161

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    YAY! Cafegirl! What an awsome experience you had. I'm so glad to have first hand information that Brad is as terrific as he appears on TV. Along with you, I wish him the best in his life.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  3. #3
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2640559;
    Ladies and Gentleman (how's that for an attention getting opening? )
    I just have to do a little sharing in behalf of my close friends and fellow sleuthers, BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl about this past Monday and an experience and trip of a lifetime. I know each of them will probably want to share also, but I know I can speak for the group in saying this.
    Not to be too catty BUT we ladies and Blondie's wonderful husband, had the unique and amazing privilege of meeting Babyface (from the FORT), but Jason in real life and Brad (yes, Brad as in THE BACHELOR) in Austin on Monday. Words can not due justice to the excitement we felt in meeting and getting to visit with first Jason and then Brad.
    I just want to publicly extend a HUGE thank you to you, Jason and Brad for showing us such a fantastic time and treating us so special!! I personally felt honored to meet and spend time with them.
    I just want to say this, to anyone who is still not convinced that Brad is the real deal and the most honest and down to earth, special BAchelor we've ever had, believe me when I say that is he every bit of that description and so much more. Not mention, he is even more handsome in person (ok shallowness, cannot be totally dismissed ) I truly adored Brad and Jason.
    I'm not going to go into specifics about what we did, except to say we had a tour of the bars (except the Marc which is closed on Mondays) and watched the show at one of their bars. We were treated royally!
    I'd like to ask all of you to NOT drown our PM boxes asking us who Brad picks, because we don't know. They were very discreet and true to their contracts and did not give away any clues and we respected that and didn't ask.
    The biggest thing I want to say, is that I want what's best for Brad and what he feels will make him happy. We're all waiting like each of you to see how this plays out, but trust me in saying that to know him, would only make you want for him to be happy with his decision whatever that was!!
    P.S. as you can imagine, I'm still floating on cloud 9!!

    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?! How incredibly COOL for all of you! I would have been PELTING him with questions...how on earth did you keep your cool???

  4. #4
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2640559;
    Ladies and Gentleman (how's that for an attention getting opening? )
    I just have to do a little sharing in behalf of my close friends and fellow sleuthers, BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl about this past Monday and an experience and trip of a lifetime. I know each of them will probably want to share also, but I know I can speak for the group in saying this.
    Not to be too catty BUT we ladies and Blondie's wonderful husband, had the unique and amazing privilege of meeting Babyface (from the FORT), but Jason in real life and Brad (yes, Brad as in THE BACHELOR) in Austin on Monday. Words can not due justice to the excitement we felt in meeting and getting to visit with first Jason and then Brad.
    I just want to publicly extend a HUGE thank you to you, Jason and Brad for showing us such a fantastic time and treating us so special!! I personally felt honored to meet and spend time with them.
    I just want to say this, to anyone who is still not convinced that Brad is the real deal and the most honest and down to earth, special BAchelor we've ever had, believe me when I say that is he every bit of that description and so much more. Not mention, he is even more handsome in person (ok shallowness, cannot be totally dismissed ) I truly adored Brad and Jason.
    I'm not going to go into specifics about what we did, except to say we had a tour of the bars (except the Marc which is closed on Mondays) and watched the show at one of their bars. We were treated royally!
    I'd like to ask all of you to NOT drown our PM boxes asking us who Brad picks, because we don't know. They were very discreet and true to their contracts and did not give away any clues and we respected that and didn't ask.
    The biggest thing I want to say, is that I want what's best for Brad and what he feels will make him happy. We're all waiting like each of you to see how this plays out, but trust me in saying that to know him, would only make you want for him to be happy with his decision whatever that was!!
    P.S. as you can imagine, I'm still floating on cloud 9!!
    I concur Cafegirl ~ my husband and I had a fantastic time in Austin due to meeting you, Jelle and Grneyedgirl ~ and babyfaceC, Brad and DJAshen. I have to say, DJAshen spins a mean record!

    All of those guys made us feel like friends and family, and truly we could not have felt more at home with them. Brad is the real deal ~ very sweet, sincere and genuine. He has to be the best Bachelor yet ~ and that says something since I really liked Byron's season!

    We were not given a single clue, and we did not ask because it would have been disrespectful. Actually, I think that we felt a little protective of Brad with all the strangers around us at times. Brad, his family and friends, truly are one of a kind. I wish nothing but the absolute best for Brad and his lady love.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey MomLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,414

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2640559;
    Ladies and Gentleman (how's that for an attention getting opening? )
    I just have to do a little sharing in behalf of my close friends and fellow sleuthers, BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl about this past Monday and an experience and trip of a lifetime. I know each of them will probably want to share also, but I know I can speak for the group in saying this.
    ...
    P.S. as you can imagine, I'm still floating on cloud 9!!
    WOW I am so excited for all of you cafegirl.

    Thank you for sharing your experience and no it not catty that you told us.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2640582;
    I concur Cafegirl ~ my husband and I had a fantastic time in Austin due to meeting you, Jelle and Grneyedgirl ~ as well as babyfaceC, Brad and DJAshen. I have to say, DJAshen spins a mean record!

    All of those guys made us feel like friends and family, and truly we could not have felt more at home with them. Brad is the real deal ~ very sweet, sincere and genuine. He has to be the best Bachelor yet ~ and that says something since I really liked Byron's season!

    We were not given a single clue, and we did not ask because it would have been disrespectful. Actually, I think that we felt a little protective of Brad with all the strangers around us at times. Brad, his family and friends, truly are one of a kind.
    Thank you for posting Blondiegal.

    Sounds like fun. I miss the days of spinning DJs.

    I am glad to hear Brad is as real as he seems on TV. His caring for the ladies is very apparent on the screen.

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey ScoutMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,054

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    That was quite an experience, cafegirl. I'm very glad to hear that Brad is as down-to-earth as he appears in the show. I'm really tired of these guys who turn out to not be what they seem. I too hope that everything turns out the best for Brad and whoever he chooses. I'M JUST SO CONFUSED!!! I really don't think it will be Jenni - she's a little too in your face. I think she's too set on her career at this point and not as concerned about a relationship. Bettina had such a BAD HTD. I just can't see the two of them together. They seem to have something, but I can't believe that either one of them would think they could have a successful relationship with that awful family of hers. At this point, I'm thinking it's DeAnna - but then again, I could change my mind in about 10 seconds too!

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    Cafegirl, BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl ...Wow sounds like a great time!! Not only were you lucky to spend some time with The Bachelor, but to spend time with other FORTers!! lucky you!!

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey glowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,271

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    How great! I think the viewing audience has fallen in love with Brad for good reason. (all of us may be having trouble finding "the" girl, because none seem quite as good as our bachelor.)

    So glad you guys had such a wonderful time!

  9. #9
    I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Treasure Valley Idaho
    Posts
    3,272

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    That is SOO exciting! I wish I lived down there and could have joined you all... How fun and exciting. It was very thoughtful of you to be respectful of his privacy (and his contract). One question, did he know you were fans of the show and did you tell him you were sluethers on the FORT?

  10. #10
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2640595;
    That is SOO exciting! I wish I lived down there and could have joined you all... How fun and exciting. It was very thoughtful of you to be respectful of his privacy (and his contract). One question, did he know you were fans of the show and did you tell him you were sluethers on the FORT?
    Yes, that is how we met Jason. There was an open invitation to come down to Austin.

    You know, that actually brings up an interesting topic ~ sleuthers. I like to look at the screencaps, editing and such, which is called sleuthing, but when it comes to actual people, either through PM's, in person, or whatnot, I am not a sleuther ~ hopefully I am a friend.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.