Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

Re: A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

Quote Originally Posted by angrygirl;2646192;
    I only found a link to this website today from the ABC messageboard so this is my first post here.

I think it's great that Brad is as genuine as he comes across on the show. Why has he not been able to find the right person up to this point? There certainly doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him from what the show has given us. Did he mention if he had any reservations about doing this show given how shady the editing always is on these programs? Who nominated him or was he "discovered" by a "talent" scout?

Out of curiosity, do a lot of people dislike DeAnna? A lot of people make rude remarks about her on the ABC messageboard, but I liked her right from the first night. I only had a negative feeling about her during one episode, and even that I chalked up to editing since I figured we might not have been shown an incident leading up to her intereaction with the other girls in the house. She seems to me to be genuine like Brad so she is my favorite.
    Welcome to the Fort, angrygirl! I do hope that you stick around to post with us. I did see the post over at the ABC board. Very nice!

One of the other girls was told the full story by Jason, but I believe that a couple of his bar staff talked him into going to where there were Bachelor/Bachelorette auditions down the street. I think that he had to be talked into going, but Cafegirl and Jelle can answer this better than I.

He did not mention any reservations regarding going on the show. He and his friends really are fans of the show and watched the previous seasons as they came on TV ~ just like you and me.

I cannot answer specifically for why Brad has not found "the right one" yet, but my husband was not previously married and in his 30's when I was the right one for him, and I was younger than him by 8 years. Sometimes "the right one" is just worth the wait, and it may also come down to timing and such that life hands to you.

While in Austin and watching the show in his and his partners' bar, we never did hear anything negative towards DeAnna. She is my pick for his F1.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fanatic

b
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2643937;
    It almost happened earlier, when the show began to air. It was scheduling conflicts with ABC that didn't allow it to happen. He would love to go on the show. I have to assume its being worked on, but as of now there are no more interviews scheduled. Maybe because it's down to just a few girls and they don't want him to give anything away in his answers. Ya'll probably know better than i do about that.

Oh and as far as nominating me to follow up Brad on The Bachelor... Other than being in a committed relationship, I have a receding hair line, a growing bald spot on the back of my huge head, and I gain a lot of weight in my gut if i even look a slice of pizza... and most of the time i'm fighting off bags under my eyes. Did I mention my self-destructive gambling problem? I don't think i'll be auditioning... heck, I tried out for the second season of "I love New York" on VH1 and that midget beat me out!! (That was a joke)
    I'll probably hang out on this side of the camera for a while

BabyfaceC

The bent on being in a committed relationship equates to integrity. The pending doom of the hairline and ponch-belly threat pales in the eyes of a woman of integrity who recognizes the same. Now the gambling thing..... well, if to wager on Brad's happiness (that you perceive in him on the day-to-day) would you expect a win-fall??

Blondie, thanks for the response. I have to admit I am really glad some of the people at the bar booed after Bettina's hometown date. Brad is such a classy guy. I wish him well whomever he chooses, but would be that much more happier if he does pick that "sweet thing," DeAnna. Carolyn

FORT Fogey

BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl and Cafegirl, how great that you met each other after being FORT buddies for years; and met Brad, Shane and Jason!

I was wondering if you asked Brad about the dust up at McCormack and Schmick's? I know it's possibly a bit touchy, but it's a big unanswered quesion in my mind. What went on?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2645902;
    If I am wrong I'll probably just lie and said the F1 was my pick all along
    A wise thing to do. (And I bet you probably aren't wrong.)

No, we did not ask him about the rumors from McCormick and Schmick. We tried not to ask anything that would put him on the spot or make him or Jason or Shane feel they were being "sleuthed" or that they would have to break confidentiality agreements to answer or refuse to answer.

We talked about all of us as real people conversations. Football and football rivalries. Business and impact of the show on that. The bars and Austin. The overall experience. Some about the boards, sleuthing, traditional editing. Mostly just stuff It was very casual, very laid back, and very friendly And having Mr. BlondieGal along was the best!

ETA - BlondieGal has info I don't I cannot remember our talking about that at all
    Last edited by jelle; 11-04-2007 at 06:29 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2647679;
    BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl and Cafegirl, how great that you met each other after being FORT buddies for years; and met Brad, Shane and Jason!

I was wondering if you asked Brad about the dust up at McCormack and Schmick's? I know it's possibly a bit touchy, but it's a big unanswered quesion in my mind. What went on?
    Never happened. Not sure what that was all about that it ended up on this board, but it did not concern Brad and Hillary, or anyone from the show.

I'm so happy for all you ladies and Mr Blondie ~that you all were able to meet fellow FORTer's and meet Brad and Jason.......wow so cool~

I am so very glad to hear that Brad is everything we thought he was and more.....

Now next time ladies you need to have your sniffer's turned on........ sorry couldn't resist.

IRL's are so much fun and the friendships on this board are the best and I wouldn't trade them for anything !
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

FORT Fan

Cafegirl, Blondiegal. Jelle after visiting Austin last week it appears you solidified your positions that Brad did indeed pick a F1. With all the speculation that maybe he choose both of F2, how did you solidify that he actually choose one person? Did he say he did it or was it your impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by sluether28;2651499;
    Cafegirl, Blondiegal. Jelle after visiting Austin last week it appears you solidified your positions that Brad did indeed pick a F1. With all the speculation that maybe he choose both of F2, how did you solidify that he actually choose one person? Did he say he did it or was it your impressions?
    I am so behind on reading the other threads but I can say that it is my personal impression that one bachelorette was selected. I do not think that he pulled a "Charlie" otherwise he and the girls would have had to be gone quite a bit to date in private. No one said anything to me or to any of the other women about Brad selecting one or both of the final two.