Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2640559;
    Ladies and Gentleman (how's that for an attention getting opening? )
    I just have to do a little sharing in behalf of my close friends and fellow sleuthers, BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl about this past Monday and an experience and trip of a lifetime. I know each of them will probably want to share also, but I know I can speak for the group in saying this.
    Not to be too catty BUT we ladies and Blondie's wonderful husband, had the unique and amazing privilege of meeting Babyface (from the FORT), but Jason in real life and Brad (yes, Brad as in THE BACHELOR) in Austin on Monday. Words can not due justice to the excitement we felt in meeting and getting to visit with first Jason and then Brad.
    I just want to publicly extend a HUGE thank you to you, Jason and Brad for showing us such a fantastic time and treating us so special!! I personally felt honored to meet and spend time with them.
    I just want to say this, to anyone who is still not convinced that Brad is the real deal and the most honest and down to earth, special BAchelor we've ever had, believe me when I say that is he every bit of that description and so much more. Not mention, he is even more handsome in person (ok shallowness, cannot be totally dismissed ) I truly adored Brad and Jason.
    I'm not going to go into specifics about what we did, except to say we had a tour of the bars (except the Marc which is closed on Mondays) and watched the show at one of their bars. We were treated royally!
    I'd like to ask all of you to NOT drown our PM boxes asking us who Brad picks, because we don't know. They were very discreet and true to their contracts and did not give away any clues and we respected that and didn't ask.
    The biggest thing I want to say, is that I want what's best for Brad and what he feels will make him happy. We're all waiting like each of you to see how this plays out, but trust me in saying that to know him, would only make you want for him to be happy with his decision whatever that was!!
    P.S. as you can imagine, I'm still floating on cloud 9!!
    OMG, can I say I am incredibly jealous? Sounds like a grand time and I'm not surprised at all that Brad was such a nice, down to earth guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2640605;
    Yes, that is how we met Jason. There was an open invitation to come down to Austin.

You know, that actually brings up an interesting topic ~ sleuthers. I like to look at the screencaps, editing and such, which is called sleuthing, but when it comes to actual people, either through PM's, in person, or whatnot, I am not a sleuther ~ hopefully I am a friend.
    Thank you BlondieGal for confirming what a an amazing guy Brad is. I also like your latest posts regarding the fact that you think that there was a love connection after all. Am I to assume that you got that impression after your visit?

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Yes, that is how we met Jason. There was an open invitation to come down to Austin.

You know, that actually brings up an interesting topic ~ sleuthers. I like to look at the screencaps, editing and such, which is called sleuthing, but when it comes to actual people, either through PM's, in person, or whatnot, I am not a sleuther ~ hopefully I am a friend.
    Blondie, I hope you didn't take my question to mean you were snooping about him... I meant did he know that you do come to the FORT to try and figure out the winner before the final show.. like a detective.

I just have to do a little sharing in behalf of my close friends and fellow sleuthers, BlondieGal, Jelle, Grneyedgirl about this past Monday and an experience and trip of a lifetime. I know each of them will probably want to share also, but I know I can speak for the group in saying this.
    Not to be too catty BUT we ladies and Blondie's wonderful husband, had the unique and amazing privilege of meeting Babyface (from the FORT), but Jason in real life and Brad (yes, Brad as in THE BACHELOR) in Austin on Monday. Words can not due justice to the excitement we felt in meeting and getting to visit with first Jason and then Brad.
    I just want to publicly extend a HUGE thank you to you, Jason and Brad for showing us such a fantastic time and treating us so special!! I personally felt honored to meet and spend time with them.
    I just want to say this, to anyone who is still not convinced that Brad is the real deal and the most honest and down to earth, special BAchelor we've ever had, believe me when I say that is he every bit of that description and so much more. Not mention, he is even more handsome in person (ok shallowness, cannot be totally dismissed ) I truly adored Brad and Jason.
    I'm not going to go into specifics about what we did, except to say we had a tour of the bars (except the Marc which is closed on Mondays) and watched the show at one of their bars. We were treated royally!
    I'd like to ask all of you to NOT drown our PM boxes asking us who Brad picks, because we don't know. They were very discreet and true to their contracts and did not give away any clues and we respected that and didn't ask.
    The biggest thing I want to say, is that I want what's best for Brad and what he feels will make him happy. We're all waiting like each of you to see how this plays out, but trust me in saying that to know him, would only make you want for him to be happy with his decision whatever that was!!

I can honestly say that I had one of the best nights of my life with ya'll. I felt like I had known ya'll my entire life. I had never seen any of you, but I knew who you were right away!

Brad, Jason, DJ Ashen--ya'll are such nice people! Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality! I appreciate your generosity and kindness. True Southern Gentlemen!

Folks, Brad is the real deal--nice, genuine, talkative--and pretty cute to boot!

I second cafegirl--If Brad is happy at the end of this show--I am happy for him. He is going to make a wonderful, wonderful husband, friend, and father someday.

Yes, my dear....you are a wonderful, wonderful friend!

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2640621;
    Thank you BlondieGal for confirming what a an amazing guy Brad is. I also like your latest posts regarding the fact that you think that there was a love connection after all. Am I to assume that you got that impression after your visit?
    That's awesome for all 4 of you - how cool! I'm curious - what prompted the visit? Do y'all live in Austin already, or just elsewhere in TX? Sounds like a really neat experience... And I'm glad too, that he seems like such a genuinely nice man!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2640582;
    I concur Cafegirl ~ my husband and I had a fantastic time in Austin due to meeting you, Jelle and Grneyedgirl ~ and babyfaceC, Brad and DJAshen. I have to say, DJAshen spins a mean record!

All of those guys made us feel like friends and family, and truly we could not have felt more at home with them. Brad is the real deal ~ very sweet, sincere and genuine. He has to be the best Bachelor yet ~ and that says something since I really liked Byron's season!

We were not given a single clue, and we did not ask because it would have been disrespectful. Actually, I think that we felt a little protective of Brad with all the strangers around us at times. Brad, his family and friends, truly are one of a kind. I wish nothing but the absolute best for Brad and his lady love.
    I am at work so I have to be quick, but you cannot believe what really nice people Jason, Brad and Shane are. We had the trip planned for the week that they were at DWTS and had to cancel. This was an incredible trip meeting wonderful and amazing new friends. Also, the four of us got to meet in person after our years on the board. Jason met us at the hotel where we chatted for awhile and got to know each other. It was a "scouting" mission to see if we were crazies or not. Brad joined us, (I think Jason gave him the all-clear signal ) much to our delight, at the Iron Cactus for GREAT margueritas. It was our privledge to watch the show with Brad and Jason and Shane at the Thirsty Nickel. And yes, I am still on cloud 25! We have no answers, we only have new, very special friends.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2640638;
    I am at work so I have to be quick, but you cannot believe what really nice people Jason, Brad and Shane are. We had the trip planned for the week that they were at DWTS and had to cancel. This was an incredible trip meeting wonderful and amazing new friends. Also, the four of us got to meet in person after our years on the board. Jason met us at the hotel where we chatted for awhile and got to know each other. It was a "scouting" mission to see if we were crazies or not. Brad joined us, (I think Jason gave him the all-clear signal ) much to our delight, at the Iron Cactus for GREAT margueritas. It was our privledge to watch the show with Brad and Jason and Shane at the Thirsty Nickel. And yes, I am still on cloud 25! We have no answers, we only have new, very special friends.
    ....wiping the tears away...

FORT Fan

Well, Cafe girl and the gang....I know I can say this....my lovely lady's deep brown eyes will be floating in a sea of green envy when she reads this. I am not surprised about Brad being nice. Nothing on the show has made him seem less than genuine. Like I have stated many times, if we lived in Austin or he lived in PA, I could see us being buddies because my friends are a lot like him. How high did you float after wards. Probably enjoyed it more than meeting a "celebrity" because this is a real guy with a real life.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I am so glad they realized you weren't "crazies".... It is so great that you have formed friendships from this group of Bachelor fans. Actually, you are all so brave to be willing to meet with ... basically strangers and become friends. I don't know that I even have the guts. Good for you and I am so glad you all had a wonderful time together! I hope you have plenty of pictures, because it would make a great scrapbook page!