Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

Re: A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2642847;
    Despite their obvious affection for the show and their attempt to predict the outcome, they never tried to trick Brad or anything into spilling the beans!!!
    Hm, are you sure? I'm quite aware of their talent and happen to know they're so skilled they could get information out of Brad without him even realizing it.

It certainly sounds like one of you men from the other night would do quite nicely as the next Bachelor.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2643429;
    Now I'm REALLY upset...I missed margaritas WITH Gran Marnier????

let me just say, Thanks for the great selection on the drink, Jason, it was wonderful!! Cheers

I want to add to BlondieGal and Jelle's great summation of how we viewed Monday night's show and I totally agree with all their conclusions. It's funny but when we got back to the hotel bar for one last chat, after that wonderful time at the Guy's bar and watching the show, we all commented that based on SEEING the show that we changed our minds (I know I posted an analysis on the media thread based on this very show's Press release description that I thought he didn't find love), that we believe he did and I agree that from the show's edit and gut instincts, that DeAnna is the one with Jenni being a close second. Let me clarify, that this was not based on watching or talking to Brad, who was great in keeping a good poker face, but strictly by knowing how editing goes and gut feelings from the dates and girls and Brad himself. Who knows, we could be wrong , but as of now, I am in total agreement with my buddies!!
    Ar36, I wish you could have joined us, well heck, I wish all of you could have joined us. We would have tested the limits on the bar's maximum capacity laws!!
    Plus if any of you ever go to the Iron Cactus across from the Thirsty Nickel be sure and try the Fajita nachos (thank you, Jason, for recommending them).. I had the chicken ones and they were outstanding!
    And Jewelsy, thank you for the most kind words you said above!!! You are tops in my book!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Logomaniac
    Blondie, just curious if it was the poignant goodbye between Brad and Deanna after her HT date that "sealed the deal" for you? That did it for me.
    Logomaniac I know you asked Blondie this question about what sealed the deal for her in believing Brad selects DeAnna, but I'd like to give you my answer to that. To be it was the culmination of the date and the promise that was left open between them that sealed it for me. Let me explain. Up until this point, I believe Brad's main focus has been Jenni based on their instant chemistry and affection for each other. It's like that crazy meeting of someone while perhaps on a vacation or somewhere different that you see each other and instantly there's a "boom" of attraction. Now, imagine at the same, meeting two other women who also intrigued and attracted you, but you're already caught up in this thing you're feeling for the girl with the smile (Jenni). In this crazy scenario of dating on camera with 15 girls, you go with chemistry and your gut, but keep your eyes open to all real attractions. Now fast forward to this week, I believe at this point that Brad went to Deanna's hometown date, he was attracted to not just her beauty but the mystery about her and the fact that she was strong and different from other women he'd known. It was enough to make him start questioning the instant attraction with Jenni and the questioning attraction with Bettina to see which woman he could see himself possibly being with long term and ultimately in a marriage. DeAnna's family was like a welcome home. You could see it immediately in Brad's eyes (on the show ). Brad has said and shown that family is huge to him and he wants to fit in with the girl he chooses family. Watching DeAnna in her element with her Dad and siblings and then the rest of family, I think made Brad feel a part of them (he stated that in the married couple comment), but I would bet it reminded him of the closeness between his brothers and mom and him and their extended families. To me, I could see Brad looking at DeAnna differently then and realizing that here was a woman he could really open his heart to as well as feeling the chemistry. That's a big step and to me, this was when Brad most likely opened his heart up to falling in love with her. I don't believe he fell at this point because he still had the strong feelings for Jenni especially and somewhat Bettina. This date started the REAL romance between them.. But then again, that's just my opinion based on THE SHOW!! (sorry mods to get carried away with something that probably belongs in the thoughts and comments thread.)
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Did any of you gals take notice of Brads face for any expressions while the show was airing? Was the show on with the volume up or off? I know in some bars , you can view the picture , but the voice is mute.... Did he seem like a Happy man ,that might be in LOVE?
    We were sitting crowded in a booth right across from the tv. I was trying to see through Blondie and Mr. Blondie and watch Brad and Jason at the same time (I was behind them sort of) and see the show... it just didn't happen

I can't tell you because I don't know. If he looks like he is in love then he looked that way all day. No subtle signs, no code between friends or anything ... he really watched ... in that he seemed intent. We all were though. The bar is noisy and the sound loud/fuzzy. They go home to re-watch it, which is what Brad did soon afterwards.

I tell you ... they are master of the secret. They just seemed to be comfortably themselves They were watching for the first time also. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to watch the show for the first time with everyone watching for your reaction.

Gee cafegirl you beat me to the punch and said it so much better!
    Last edited by jelle; 11-02-2007 at 01:29 AM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2643512;
    We were sitting crowded in a booth right across from the tv. I was trying to see through Blondie and Mr. Blondie and watch Brad and Jason at the same time (I was behind them sort of) and see the show... it just didn't happen

I can't tell you because I don't know. If he looks like he is in love then he looked that way all day. No subtle signs, no code between friends or anything ... he really watched ... in that he seemed intent. We all were though. The bar is noisy and the sound loud/fuzzy. They go home to re-watch it, which is what Brad did soon afterwards.

I tell you ... they are master of the secret. They just seemed to be comfortably themselves They were watching for the first time also. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to watch the show for the first time with everyone watching for your reaction.

Gee cafegirl you beat me to the punch and said it so much better!
    I'm a little surprised to learn that Brad gets to see the show at the very same time as the National audience. I guess I thought that he at least got some sort of an advance preview once the show was in the can.

Hmmmm.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

cafe and jelle... thanks for your summary. I agree that the HT date sealed it for Deanna. Who wouldn't love to be part of a loving, close and fun family? Brad has said SO many times that he's looking for that and I am sure that is why her date was edited this way, to show us a blossoming love story. It's just such a bummer that it has to be two dates from the end!

PS Don't get me wrong, I still like Jenni the best, but I think that's because she's gotten the best edit. I am sure Deanna is very nice in person.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2642847;
    I have to say that Ellen has never "sleuth'd" me... Meaning she has only written me hoping that Brad was happy and asked me to clarify stuff like timelines, what its been like since he got back home, and to clear up rumors. From some people I get a lot of straight forward questions like "Who did he pick?!?!" "Oh, come on tell me. I don't really care, I just want to know!"... (for what its worth, I don't know who he picked. I don't want to know who he picked... That wouldn't be any fun and then i'd have to keep worrying about letting it slip)
    So when it became a possibility for them to come for a viewing party I encouraged the idea. I could never guarantee them personal time with Brad when they planned it weeks in advance, but a worse case scenario had them hanging out in one of the best cities in the country watching the bachelor with the bachelor's friends... Thank goodness our schedules lined up. Because of that great time on Monday I am still chuggin' bottles of water to rehydrate myself. (By the way, Jelle, it was Frozen Margaritas with a "floater" of Gran Marnier)

I really, really, really respect and like Blondiegal, CafeGirl, Jelle, and Grneyegrl and even that much more when I saw them be completely respectfull of Brad's privacy and their acceptance of what he can and can't talk about. The cool thing is that I've always liked the show... But, now I LOVE the show from this vantage point. Sitting with the Ladies of FORT I finally found some people who could hang with me in my analyzation of the show. (and not think i'm weird for doing it) Despite their obvious affection for the show and their attempt to predict the outcome, they never tried to trick Brad or anything into spilling the beans!!!

It was a great time

Babyfacec
    Thanks for this post. You've met some of the Forts best and I love what you had to say about them. Question......will Brad be on Ellen this season?

BB AND LATE NIGHT SNACKS winniechloe's Avatar

So I think we all gather than deanna is in the F2 who do you all believe joins her bettina or jenni.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I think it's Jenni for two reasons 1: she's getting a lot of positive air time and the "likable" edit. 2. Bettina is getting really negative edit. Jenni = Sadie (PLo Season) and Bettina = Susan (Travis Season).

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2643511;

Logomaniac I know you asked Blondie this question about what sealed the deal for her in believing Brad selects DeAnna, but I'd like to give you my answer to that. To be it was the culmination of the date and the promise that was left open between them that sealed it for me. Let me explain. Up until this point, I believe Brad's main focus has been Jenni based on their instant chemistry and affection for each other. It's like that crazy meeting of someone while perhaps on a vacation or somewhere different that you see each other and instantly there's a "boom" of attraction. Now, imagine at the same, meeting two other women who also intrigued and attracted you, but you're already caught up in this thing you're feeling for the girl with the smile (Jenni). In this crazy scenario of dating on camera with 15 girls, you go with chemistry and your gut, but keep your eyes open to all real attractions. Now fast forward to this week, I believe at this point that Brad went to Deanna's hometown date, he was attracted to not just her beauty but the mystery about her and the fact that she was strong and different from other women he'd known. It was enough to make him start questioning the instant attraction with Jenni and the questioning attraction with Bettina to see which woman he could see himself possibly being with long term and ultimately in a marriage. DeAnna's family was like a welcome home. You could see it immediately in Brad's eyes (on the show ). Brad has said and shown that family is huge to him and he wants to fit in with the girl he chooses family. Watching DeAnna in her element with her Dad and siblings and then the rest of family, I think made Brad feel a part of them (he stated that in the married couple comment), but I would bet it reminded him of the closeness between his brothers and mom and him and their extended families. To me, I could see Brad looking at DeAnna differently then and realizing that here was a woman he could really open his heart to as well as feeling the chemistry. That's a big step and to me, this was when Brad most likely opened his heart up to falling in love with her. I don't believe he fell at this point because he still had the strong feelings for Jenni especially and somewhat Bettina. This date started the REAL romance between them.. But then again, that's just my opinion based on THE SHOW!! (sorry mods to get carried away with something that probably belongs in the thoughts and comments thread.)

AWWW thanks Cafegirl for sharing! I agree with all that you have said. The spark was clearly there from the beginning and who would not love Deannas family and Deanna with her family.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2643558;
    I think it's Jenni for two reasons 1: she's getting a lot of positive air time and the "likable" edit. 2. Bettina is getting really negative edit. Jenni = Sadie (PLo Season) and Bettina = Susan (Travis Season).
    Agreed Also Jenny is in the edited Fantasy Date track order with F2s Trista, Brooke, Krisly, Sadie, and Bevin. Bettina is in the edited Fantasy Date track order with F3s Shannon, Gwen, Mary (B4), Lisa, and Danielle.

For data's sake: DeAnna is in both the HomeTown and the Fantasy Date edited track order with the most F1s:

HT: Amanda, SaraB, SaraS, Jen, Tessa
    Fantasty Date: Amanda, Hellene, Mary, Jen, Tessa

This could mean nothing, or it could mean everything!