Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

Re: A few of us from FORT met Brad Monday night!

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2642283;
    Hey Jason (babyfacec)
    Just wondering if Brad has requested an increase in the bottles of Ouzo ordered?

So Blondiegal, Jelle, Cafegirl Grneyedgirl...no noticeable licorice smell on Brad? Hmmmm
    Maybe he is saving it for the FRC viewing. Shots of Ouzo on the house that night perhaps! Should be a he//uva party that night!

Cheers...or OPA!
    Thanks
    Karey
    No Ouzo, but possibly a great new shot called Hideous! My hubby loved the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;2642312;
    okay - dumb question....who is Jason?? Is he the second brother to Brad?? Loved the pic!!!

You gals are so lucky to have met him in person - and now you have to go back and smell him.......
    Jason is like a brother to the Womack boys, and is also their business partner in the bar business.

Hee hee on the smelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Prim&Proper;2642315;
    So any pictures to show for your trip to Austin? I am sure everyone would love to see all the highlights of your trip. Or were pictures not allowed?
    Welcome to the Fort, Prim&Proper!

All of my pictures included pictures of us, except the one posted of Brad, Jason and their friend. I really do not want my picture on here. I wish that I did get other pictures that included the crowd.
    Reminder for future attendees of the bars ~ smell for cologne and take pictures of the crowd.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 11-01-2007 at 01:54 PM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I think I have some pictures of the bars - at least the outside I will check and see. It has been so hectic since I got back. I was so wrapped up in the wonderful company that I barely took any pictures, and I have none of Brad We had such a great time just talking with each other and Jason and Brad, that the cameras sort of got forgotten.

When in the bars, Brad is constantly asked to take pictures - and EVERY time he does so willingly and graciously. He even talks to strangers on cell phone people hand him I am sure he often welcomes his quiet times.

We had hoped to see Chad and Wes also, but the timing didn't work out for them and they were unable to be there Monday night. ar36, we wish you could have been there. But you know these guys, so I am sure you understand how overwhelmed we were by their generousity and graciousness to us ... and what a fun time we had with them!

I think BlondieGal spoke well for us all in her reply about our conclusions, the changes in our feelings, and where we are now. It is interesting to note that it was what was presented on the screen that swayed our opinions. Meeting Brad and Jason and getting to know them as real people, obviously is reflected in our feelings about this show.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

To the ladies that met Jason and Brad...the trip sounds fantastic and so glad that the Brad we see on TV is the same Brad in person. At least we know that who ever is F1, Brad did not make the decision lightly.

I have some questions though... How did you ladies initially get this trip organized to meet Jason & Brad? Did you talk to Jason on FORT and said you were taking a vacation to Austin and he offered to show you around one night? I'm not sure I understand how you knew Jason...How did you all initially meet? If you have answered this already, I apologize for asking...I'm just curious how y'all started a friendship relationship that ended up meeting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2641200;
    The one who posts on the Fort? Ooopppsss!
    Lynn, your body language analysis is off to a rockin' start!

Quote Originally Posted by kukla03;2642708;
    To the ladies that met Jason and Brad...the trip sounds fantastic and so glad that the Brad we see on TV is the same Brad in person. At least we know that who ever is F1, Brad did not make the decision lightly.

I have some questions though... How did you ladies initially get this trip organized to meet Jason & Brad? Did you talk to Jason on FORT and said you were taking a vacation to Austin and he offered to show you around one night? I'm not sure I understand how you knew Jason...How did you all initially meet? If you have answered this already, I apologize for asking...I'm just curious how y'all started a friendship relationship that ended up meeting each other.
    For myself, I got to know Wes, Brad's younger brother, a little through Myspace. He invited my husband and myself to come drink a cool one with him anytime, and was very sincere in his invitation. Very nice guy ~ sweetness runs in Brad's family. The guys (cannot remember if it was Jason, DJ Ashen, or who), I believe, asked if were coming to one of the bar's viewing parties, and we took them up on their offer after finally being able to all schedule a time that worked for almost everyone.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I asked babyfaceC when he was going to add his dancing avatar here at FORT and we began talking. (We already knew who he was from myspace) BlondieGal, cafegirl and myself began joking about the trip to Austin. Blondie had an invitation from Wes and so I sort of broached it with Jason and his enthusiasm was the push for us to make the decision. We really liked Brad the Bachelor. (They had all been watching us "find" them and were amazed when kendra_k made the announcement and BlondieGal got confirmation.) We were going to go Oct 8th, but Brad, Chad, and Jason were invited to DWTS so we rescheduled. By then we had become friends.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2642738;
    Lynn, your body language analysis is off to a rockin' start!

Heh! Well, it just goes to show that I really am paying attention to the body language that I see onscreen and not to who is posting here at the Fort

**still shaking my head on that one...arggh...LOL**

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2642812;
    I asked babyfaceC when he was going to add his dancing avatar here at FORT and we began talking. (We already knew who he was from myspace) BlondieGal, cafegirl and myself began joking about the trip to Austin. Blondie had an invitation from Wes and so I sort of broached it with Jason and his enthusiasm was the push for us to make the decision. We really liked Brad the Bachelor. (They had all been watching us "find" them and were amazed when kendra_k made the announcement and BlondieGal got confirmation.) We were going to go Oct 8th, but Brad, Chad, and Jason were invited to DWTS so we rescheduled. By then we had become friends.
    I have to say that Ellen has never "sleuth'd" me... Meaning she has only written me hoping that Brad was happy and asked me to clarify stuff like timelines, what its been like since he got back home, and to clear up rumors. From some people I get a lot of straight forward questions like "Who did he pick?!?!" "Oh, come on tell me. I don't really care, I just want to know!"... (for what its worth, I don't know who he picked. I don't want to know who he picked... That wouldn't be any fun and then i'd have to keep worrying about letting it slip)
    So when it became a possibility for them to come for a viewing party I encouraged the idea. I could never guarantee them personal time with Brad when they planned it weeks in advance, but a worse case scenario had them hanging out in one of the best cities in the country watching the bachelor with the bachelor's friends... Thank goodness our schedules lined up. Because of that great time on Monday I am still chuggin' bottles of water to rehydrate myself. (By the way, Jelle, it was Frozen Margaritas with a "floater" of Gran Marnier)

I really, really, really respect and like Blondiegal, CafeGirl, Jelle, and Grneyegrl and even that much more when I saw them be completely respectfull of Brad's privacy and their acceptance of what he can and can't talk about. The cool thing is that I've always liked the show... But, now I LOVE the show from this vantage point. Sitting with the Ladies of FORT I finally found some people who could hang with me in my analyzation of the show. (and not think i'm weird for doing it) Despite their obvious affection for the show and their attempt to predict the outcome, they never tried to trick Brad or anything into spilling the beans!!!

It was a great time

Babyfacec
    Last edited by babyfaceC; 11-01-2007 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2642847;
    Despite their obvious affection for the show and their attempt to predict the outcome, they never tried to trick Brad or anything into spilling the beans!!!
    But, say, if they did try to trick him and, say, he did fall for it, what would his answer have been, hypothetically speaking I mean. Not that I'm curious or anything and 'cmon, I won't spill the beans!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Ms Froggy - next time you can come! It was just too much fun!