Page 1 of 412 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Time for a new thread.

Hey Sleuthers ~

Posts regarding your thoughts and comments in general go here so we can keep the "Spoilers/Screencap Analysis' thread as much on topic as possible in trying to figure out the elimination order of the girls.

Thanks.

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Based on everything that has been posted about her...by friends...etc...I would say that is doubtful about Deanna having something hidden.

She pretty much is her self assured self. And that position and the secrecy of her family. . .seems to be pretty consistent.

I just think that it is wild that her family and friends keep echoing that there is some wild and crazy ending!!!! But what???

FORT Fogey

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by realmenwatchbac;2634343;
    I am not arguing here, but do you think anyone ever goes into a marriage thinking divorce will be an option. Bloomers I only clicked on your post as it was the last on the page where people were discussing this topic.
    Hi! I personally believe that if he fell in love with a divorcee, he would marry her - plain and simply. ( I do think he would need more time and a different scenerio than this one though) Yes, he would probably go the route of the pre-nup if for no other reason than to protect his partners' portions of the business. What I was addressing was that I felt that what he meant by his statement was that he intended to marry for the duration. Of course, none of us know what is going to happen, and marriage is a tough proposition. I think that he most likely views his mother's past history, and in his mind he intends to try and make sure that he does whatever is possible to make sure he doesn't end up trotting down the same trail - at least that is his intention!

I think this is all part of the edit, and a prime example of Fleissian edit at that. We started the season with Chris Harrison interviewing Brad about his early life where it came out about his parents' divorce and how the mother and children went from an upper middle class family to nearly poor. Later we somehow were told that his mother has been married several times, so now the edit is certainly pointing out the issue and possible effect of divorce in Brad's life.

Here comes poor litte beautiful Bettina. We don't know all the ins and outs to why she ended up divorced. The all important edit, though, reveals her saying that her marriage was "just ok" and she won't settle for that when she can be happy, thus insinuating a lack of commitment toward marriage. When you put that together with what we have been shown about Brad and what he has said, you get this huge question mark.
    I don't for one minute think you will have Brad ever, ever tell Bettina if he doesn't choose her that it has anything to do with her divorce because there would be such a cry from the multitudes in viewerland. ABC would never get over it. However, the insinuation has been made by the edit.

One note, though. Alex on B1 chose Amanda whose first marriage had been annulled by the Catholic Church. To the rest of us, she still appeared as having been married once whether you called the union annulled or divorced, so it isn't impossible for a Bachelor to choose a divorced woman imo.

BLOOMERS - I agree with your above post - I think Bettina's divorce has been brought into play to creat some drama and doubt - which it certainly has as we have seen on the show and in some posts.

It really all depends on how he feels about the person and what he feels is more important - or a non-issue - depends on him alone. Brad and Bettina have both been on one side or the other of divorce - I think they really do understand where it stands in their relationship so far.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2634395;
    Hi! I personally believe that if he fell in love with a divorcee, he would marry her - plain and simply. ( I do think he would need more time and a different scenerio than this one though) Yes, he would probably go the route of the pre-nup if for no other reason than to protect his partners' portions of the business. What I was addressing was that I felt that what he meant by his statement was that he intended to marry for the duration. Of course, none of us know what is going to happen, and marriage is a tough proposition. I think that he most likely views his mother's past history, and in his mind he intends to try and make sure that he does whatever is possible to make sure he doesn't end up trotting down the same trail - at least that is his intention!

I think this is all part of the edit, and a prime example of Fleissian edit at that. We started the season with Chris Harrison interviewing Brad about his early life where it came out about his parents' divorce and how the mother and children went from an upper middle class family to nearly poor. Later we somehow were told that his mother has been married several times, so now the edit is certainly pointing out the issue and possible effect of divorce in Brad's life.

Here comes poor litte beautiful Bettina. We don't know all the ins and outs to why she ended up divorced. The all important edit, though, reveals her saying that her marriage was "just ok" and she won't settle for that when she can be happy, thus insinuating a lack of commitment toward marriage. When you put that together with what we have been shown about Brad and what he has said, you get this huge question mark.
    I don't for one minute think you will have Brad ever, ever tell Bettina if he doesn't choose her that it has anything to do with her divorce because there would be such a cry from the multitudes in viewerland. ABC would never get over it. However, the insinuation has been made by the edit.

One note, though. Alex on B1 chose Amanda whose first marriage had been annulled by the Catholic Church. To the rest of us, she still appeared as having been married once whether you called the union annulled or divorced, so it isn't impossible for a Bachelor to choose a divorced woman imo.

Oh yeah, it definitely is editing. I mean if their date went as it looked that was the worst date in romantic history. I don't think her divorce will be part of a judgement for him, but it may be something he considers in getting to know her and finding out what really happened. He saw the hardship of it all with his own family, but he now says his mother is stronger and very happy, but from the sounds of it her husband isn't in the meet the family episode, just mom and the brothers are. You have Bettina's lack of emotion, her fear of telling him (non-trust possibly?), and then the issues with her family coming up. It will all be interesting to see. I don't think the divorce factor will be any part of him choosing or not choosing her. If it had been she would have been gone the episode after the boating date. I don't think they would have booted her the same episode it would have been too obvious, I think they would have waited one more.
    Last edited by realmenwatchbac; 10-28-2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: name left out

Lifted from the newly closed previous T&C thread:

Anyone in or near Austin that can go to that party??? [Brad & Chads's Birthday Blow-out] At the Thirsty Nickle? Wow...now that would be a trip. I bet you won't even be able to get in.....

I bet his bars are all so crowded...talk about millions in beer sales!!!!!! Geeesssuuusss!
    There is also a note on the ABC board that they are looking for audience members for the Women Tell All show, November 2 in Los Angeles, with an audience hotline phone number.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

We know Bettina has conflictions & I am sure Brad does to. When he met someone like Bettina she other than her beauty was not on his list of what he was looking for.
    Somewhat shy & reserved he was very adamant as not being part of it.
    Low & behold he has a beautiful woman in front of him that also has a bit of a potty mouth but can & is classy & can be fun when coaxed out of her shell. On top of that she is a divorcee. Bettina has shown the same compassion for Brad that she speaks of him having. Her concerns about some of the women not showing him respect. She is conflicted with upbringing & past history verses her heart. I think Brad is dealing with the same issues. Bettina has told us she wants to let that go & relax & show him who she really is. Brad says he will go with his heart which means he alone will contradict himself also. His heart is with Bettina & forget the list. of what he thought he wanted.
    Last edited by intheblind; 10-28-2007 at 04:25 PM.

FORT Fan

Bevin also made it to the F2 albeit she didn't tell him until her hometown date, but he kept her anyway. Maybe the divorce will factor into his final decision or maybe not...it all depends on Brad's feelings. But I don't think it'll be a deal breaker as well it shouldn't.

Calypso asked:

Just wondering...has DeAnna been shown saying anything negative about the F3? I know that she said things about Jade,
    Calypso,

In the editing DeAnna is shown not saying anything negative about F3. There is some debate if she was there at F6 discussing Bettina, if was a shot of her head or not.

I have noticed that both Jenni and Bettina doubt each other's reasons for being there. It seems that the editing is showing DeAnna rising above that as an indication of F1. (My opinion.)

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2634390;
    Based on everything that has been posted about her...by friends...etc...I would say that is doubtful about Deanna having something hidden.

She pretty much is her self assured self. And that position and the secrecy of her family. . .seems to be pretty consistent.

I just think that it is wild that her family and friends keep echoing that there is some wild and crazy ending!!!! But what???
    What's up with that? How would they know about the ending. As far as the family is concerned, all that they should know about it is that there was a HT date because obviously they were all there Otherwise, mum's the word - so they must be parrotting what they're hearing from Brad's interview Anyway, I don't believe F1's are supposed to tell anyone, although we now know Ian told his brother because he just couldn't keep it in