Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2656779;
    Okay.. out of the mouth of babes.. Not sure if anyone else has kids, but I have two and my 5 year old just came in crying. Here's the conversation (I promise there's a point)

Daughter: Mommy, Leah just kicked me in the forehead and it really hurts.
    Me: She kicked you in the head?
    Daughter: Yes, I was going to go on the swing and Leah ran to the swing first on purpose. And "it's not fair because I said I was going on the swing first. I did, I said it in my head".

I couldn't help it... I just laughed and then thought to myself... I'm sure that brad told SOMEONE he loved them, but we can't analyze it because he said it in his head.
    Very cute Simplechef.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammie;2656806;
    IMO, Brad has been a thoughtful gentleman and has put effort and explanation into talking with the ladies he had to send home. He's been very respectful. And...he's made Andy look more like the average manwhore he was when he was on the show last season. We need more 'Bachelors' like Brad.
    On that point, we are in complete agreement.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jenni ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2656607;
    I loved both of these two insightful posts, but just wanted to respond to a couple of things--

First, regarding Deanna and her wedding comment-- there has been only one wedding in Bachelor history... and most of the rejected men attended. This spoke volumes about Ryan and Trista's treatment towards them. If Ryan were a harsher man, I don't think we would have seen this happen. There ARE such things as good winners and Ryan was a wonderful example of that. Unfortunately, on the flip side of that is a bad winner and that is what Deanna's statement implied.

Second, I think Jenni's "I want people to think good things about me" is just a naive and innocent statement. Let's face it-- the girl is just plain nice! Which is why she can't fathom why other people wouldn't be nice either. I don't think it has anything to do with her wanting to be front and center-- it's more like a child when you have to explain to them that not everyone in their lives is going to like them. She's just innocent in that respect.
    I think the difference with Trista and Ryan is that the rejected ones were men. As a woman I can say this without any reservation- women tend to be a bit more catty then men, especially the crew of women they assembled for this particular round of the Bachelor. I think the men on the Bachelorette could shake Ryan's hand and say nice job. It's like a sports competition. Men can kill each other on the field and then go out for a drink after no hard feelings. Women are generally a bit different. I consider myself pretty secure but I wouldn't want my fiance's 15 ex-girlfriends rolling up to my wedding either. This is even weirder because all the women were competing at the same time for the guy. Yeah, I'd prefer that they just stay at home as well.

I found Jenni's naivete to actually be a bit strange under the circumstances. She's a year older than me and from what I can tell was probably the pretty sweet cheerleader type in high school. I wasn't that type and even I have had girls at one point make negative/jealous comments. I actually find it very hard to believe that in all of her years of high school, dance competitions and gigs, and even more in professional cheerleading (have you seen the Dallas Comboys behind the scene of tryouts- meowww, claws come out) or tryouts for modeling gigs or acting casting calls that she didn't realize that women can be vicious. She has to have seen that before even if it wasn't directed at her personally. It was a bit odd to me actually...

FORT Fogey

Maybe it isn’t necessarily her family (which her that might be) but his family that he brings in. They’re already there in town. If he can’t have both of their families, at least he could have one? Seems lame, but you’ve got to admit, we’ve never seen it.

Or if it’s Deanna, and they can’t invite her whole family because the secret is too dear. Maybe they just invite her dog!
    Last edited by blhstock; 11-08-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Re: Jenni ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2656633;
    You know... even though Deanna doesn't have as much intimacy... us Jenni fans should really understand that Brad definitely came on to find a wife, not a girlfriend. My biggest concern is that Deanna is being portrayed as wife material while Jenni can be viewed as girlfriend. I really think Jenni IS a better choice for Brad and won't bore you with why, but I think the Edit is saying Deanna is a better choice. Personally, I won't be surprised by either choice, even though I really hope he chooses Jenni. Here's why.
    Let me share a personal example (as if anyone cares). I dated (many years ago) a man who the chemistry was pretty unmistakable. We got a long great, we had fun, we laughed ALL the time. It was delightful. However, he married someone else, right after we dated. His comment to me was that he didn't want to marry me because I was like waffles and he thought oatmeal was a better fit for him. At the time, I was "Are you crazy? Everything is fantastic with us",and he agreed, but he wasn't sure he wanted fun and exciting for the rest of his life. He wanted secure and loyal and predictable because that would be a less stressful life. I was heartbroken, but I understand. Highs and Lows are sometimes much more difficult for people than a level life.

I married someone with whom we have very highs and very lows... but I LOVE it. It's fun, it's exciting, it's NOT predictable and I love that. While I was absolutely heartbroken by that other relationship, I realize I don't ever want to be "oatmeal"... I like being waffles. I think Jenni is waffles and Deanna is oatmeal and maybe Brad just prefers oatmeal.
    simplechef,

Your comment, made me say wait a minute, I need to respond to this:

You know... even though Deanna doesn't have as much intimacy... us Jenni fans should really understand that Brad definitely came on to find a wife, not a girlfriend. My biggest concern is that Deanna is being portrayed as wife material while Jenni can be viewed as girlfriend. I really think Jenni IS a better choice for Brad and won't bore you with why, but I think the Edit is saying Deanna is a better choice. Personally, I won't be surprised by either choice, even though I really hope he chooses Jenni. Here's why.

I like Jenni, but no way do I see Brad being into Jenni as he is with DeAnna.

I have no idea how DeAnna does not have as much intimacy as Jenni. DeAnna and Brad are emotionally intimate, and have started to explore the physical intimacy

Jenni and Brad have a superficial kissing thing going and they can laugh and have a good time together together. Their kisses are fun, but not deep and full of emotion.

Brad is on a much more deeper plane emotionally with DeAnna. Their kisses are intimate and passionate. He is in love with DeAnna. DeAnna and Brad have fun and laugh together. They have their own communication going. Brad and DeAnna connected many levels. This is what is required.

The edit does not have to say anything the way they banter back and forth, look at each other, they both have passion. They will have a great time together be comfortable and ride any storms.

DeAnna compliments Brad very well. He feel in love with DeAnna since day one. On the first meeting he told her How did I get so lucky. On their first date. Brad told her I want to keep giving you roses as long as you want to. So what if they did not kiss right away. They started building other parts of their relationships first.

No way is Brad settling when he picks DeAnna.

Besides oatmeal is only plain if that is what you make out of it. I like oatmeal many different ways.

Actually the waffles and oatmeal is an interesting comparison. Oatmeal has a lot of iron (strength and strong) and other nutrients and is very good for you. Much healthier then waffles.

After watching the Fantasy dates, I believe Brad is in love with DeAnna and she will be F1. The FD showed them connecting on so many levels.
    Last edited by MomLady; 11-08-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2656525;
    As I have stated earlier, I choose Bettina from the beginning and perhaps at times my objectivity was lost as far a sluething, even though she is still my favorite. However, there are things that are still brothering me. The big issue, I don't trust what TPTB are feeding to us. We have had one contridiction after the other.

The one, I'm having the most difficulty with, is the unusual never before ending.

The most logical ending, at this time, would be, if he choose Deanna. Her acceptance of the rose at the first FRC, the second ceremony would be bringing her family in for the formal presentation of the ring, because of her Greek Orthodox beliefs. This logic, is further supported by the SC of Brad shown in a black suit looking at the ring.

So we know, for sure, we have two ceremonies.

Now, this is what truly has me wondering. Chris's voice over when Hillary was sent home "Did Brad make a mistake, did he send the wrong person home." Then, we have the girl in the red dress getting out of the white limo. which was shown to be Bevin at last years FRC. Could this be symbolic with someone being sent home and comes back because the bachelor realized he made a mistake? The other things I've been thinking about was Bettina's statement to Brad after he said he felt he did not really know the real her. Her response to him, "if you are feeling for those two women, what I feel for you and what I thought you felt for me. Then it must be wonderful." (I realize these may not be the exact words, but close.) To me, this shows that they did have a bond, and perhaps a very strong one. It's hard to fall in love, all by yourself, without some encouragement.

After Brad's HD, he seemed to be angry at Bettina, even though she did stand up for him, against her dad. I think, the other possibility, we're looking at, he transferred the anger he felt for her family to Bettina. And, slowly started shutting down, where she was concerned. This was obvious, at the dinner the evening of the FD. Brad's withdrawal and lack of encouragement would certainly cause anyone to be nervous and not be able to enjoy the evening.

If Brad realized his feelings for Bettina was stronger and he had made a mistake. He would make this known to the two girls at FRC. Then, Bettina returns for the second FRC and he proposes. i.e. the person getting out of the car with the red dress.

As I said, in the beginning, Deanna, would definitely be the most likely. Based on what we know. But, it woud not be an unusual ending given Deanna's background, but an expected one. Neither would it be shocking.

The senario about Bettina would be unusual, shocking, and one we may never see again.

There are issues that would contridict the Bettina theory..peticular, his remarks about her after the FRC.

I would appreciate any thoughts about either of these theories
    With the way things have gone down this season, I wouldn't say anything is not out of the realm of possibility, but Brad did say in the latest Bobby Bones interview that he really didn't feel like he knew Bettina. So, unless he'd decided to date all three women in the real world, I don't know that he'll bring her back.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

This is a reply to everyone that posted a quote from me yesterday along with their reply. I probably missed some points to rebutt, but here's what I remember after reading everything.

1. To the person that said something along the lines of just because I know someone who was previously on the show, doesnt mean that they will know who wins. 5 million dollar lawsuits, etc. etc.
    Some of the people that are contestants do make friends with crew people, after all -- they went through the whole process with him, to his hometown, etc.. I trust this person and know that everything he told me (or didnt tell me) is sincere. Re: the money thing...How about Tessa's (supposed) slip last year?? Did ABC go running after her with a 5 million dollar lawsuit? No. This is because it would be virtually impossible. There are literally a hundred people working on the set, with the production, makeup, at the locations, etc. There is no way unless you have concrete proof that someone spilled the winner that ABC will go after them in any way.

2. You dont believe me. You have reason X and X that Deanna wins.
    That's fine. I am content and satisfied knowing for myself. I actually contemplated saying anything the other night on FORT (but I was just so dang excited), because I knew I would get backlash from Deanna fans. Next time (if that ever happens) I will keep my mouth shut.

3. Anyone who questioned my "supporting evidence"
    That is why I listed it as "supporting". It is NOT the be-all, end-all to who wins. Its is simply (as I stated last night) evidence that supports the winner.

I personally can't believe that people are still thinking Deanna's RC takes place after Jenni's....
    ...ahh well.

I did what I could, and sit here content that I dont have to stress for 2 more weeks wondering who wins.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2656713;
    In a PI at the end of the fantasy date, she says "I’m in love with someone that is perfect and makes me happy and puts a huge smile on my face every day. I waited for a long time to find someone like this. In my stomach, in my gut, it just feels right, it feels like this is the way things are meant to be."
    So she is in love with him. But telling someone that you know can't respond to you at that time that you are falling in love with him is huge enough imo, saying "I'm in love with you." might have been a little too much for her at that point. She's quite open about her feelings, but she's also scared of getting hurt...
    By the way, she also told Brad that when she's looking at him at the RC, she wants him to know that it's out of love. That means that what she feels for him is "love", and nothing less than that.
    Ahhhh, yes, the kiss of death statement. This was just like the one Bevin made during her LCD.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2656905;
    This is a reply to everyone that posted a quote from me yesterday along with their reply. I probably missed some points to rebutt, but here's what I remember after reading everything.

1. To the person that said something along the lines of just because I know someone who was previously on the show, doesnt mean that they will know who wins. 5 million dollar lawsuits, etc. etc.
    Some of the people that are contestants do make friends with crew people, after all -- they went through the whole process with him, to his hometown, etc.. I trust this person and know that everything he told me (or didnt tell me) is sincere. Re: the money thing...How about Tessa's (supposed) slip last year?? Did ABC go running after her with a 5 million dollar lawsuit? No. This is because it would be virtually impossible. There are literally a hundred people working on the set, with the production, makeup, at the locations, etc. There is no way unless you have concrete proof that someone spilled the winner that ABC will go after them in any way.

That's fine. I am content and satisfied knowing for myself. I actually contemplated saying anything the other night on FORT (but I was just so dang excited), because I knew I would get backlash from Deanna fans. Next time (if that ever happens) I will keep my mouth shut.

That is why I listed it as "supporting". It is NOT the be-all, end-all to who wins. Its is simply (as I stated last night) evidence that supports the winner.

I personally can't believe that people are still thinking Deanna's RC takes place after Jenni's....
    ...ahh well.

I did what I could, and sit here content that I dont have to stress for 2 more weeks wondering who wins.

kittykat,

You may have evidence and you can say it straight out it will either be believe or it will not be believed.

I questioned the supporting evidence, because to me it was not accurated the way it was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2656905;

...ahh well.

So are you 100% that Jenni wins, or is it more like 90/10 so there is at least a little doubt, lol? At least I can hope a litte, right?

Believe me, since the beginning I have wanted DeAnna to win, but along the way I have definitely seen where it could have been Jenni as well. She is a great lady and I have really liked her since I have seen her picture because she reminds me of Katie Couric whom I adore!