Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

FORT Newbie

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2656720;
    Yes, seeker, I agree that he will chose the one who is RIGHT and the other will be LEFT behind
    ...aaaaaand then in a few months, we'll be reading about how they are "taking a break," or how things "just didn't work out," or "they just took different paths."

I've figured out that the only way to watch the Bachelor is to not watch until the final 3 date, get the scoop on the FORT and TWOP, and then watch the last episode while hoping Mr. Albright stays late at work that night so I don't have to reveal my secret shame, which is that even though this show makes me cringe, I still want to watch the final episodes every time.

However, it wasn't until last season, when I discovered the master sleuthers at the FORT, that I really got into the whole screencap analysis thing. Now I'm fascinated by the sleuthing aspect and can enjoy the show while still being all cynical about the fact that the couple is most likely going to break up.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Just an interesting note.. Brad and Deanna ate mexican... Brad and Jenni have lobster... Brad and Jenni have sunflowers & candles all around their table and Deanna has little skeletons.

Interesting.

PS Sally Love your handle... Love that movie,... "I'm going to be 40... someday and it's just waiting out there".. LOve that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2656730;
    Just an interesting note.. Brad and Deanna ate mexican... Brad and Jenni have lobster... Brad and Jenni have sunflowers & candles all around their table and Deanna has little skeletons.

Interesting.

PS Sally Love your handle... Love that movie,... "I'm going to be 40... someday and it's just waiting out there".. LOve that movie.
    "I'm going to be 40...sob sob...someday!"

"IN EIGHT YEARS!"

I LOVE that movie!
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

Re: Jenni ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2656633;
    You know... even though Deanna doesn't have as much intimacy... us Jenni fans should really understand that Brad definitely came on to find a wife, not a girlfriend. My biggest concern is that Deanna is being portrayed as wife material while Jenni can be viewed as girlfriend. I really think Jenni IS a better choice for Brad and won't bore you with why, but I think the Edit is saying Deanna is a better choice. Personally, I won't be surprised by either choice, even though I really hope he chooses Jenni. Here's why.

Let me share a personal example (as if anyone cares). I dated (many years ago) a man who the chemistry was pretty unmistakable. We got a long great, we had fun, we laughed ALL the time. It was delightful. However, he married someone else, right after we dated. His comment to me was that he didn't want to marry me because I was like waffles and he thought oatmeal was a better fit for him. At the time, I was "Are you crazy? Everything is fantastic with us",and he agreed, but he wasn't sure he wanted fun and exciting for the rest of his life. He wanted secure and loyal and predictable because that would be a less stressful life. I was heartbroken, but I understand. Highs and Lows are sometimes much more difficult for people than a level life.

I married someone with whom we have very highs and very lows... but I LOVE it. It's fun, it's exciting, it's NOT predictable and I love that. While I was absolutely heartbroken by that other relationship, I realize I don't ever want to be "oatmeal"... I like being waffles. I think Jenni is waffles and Deanna is oatmeal and maybe Brad just prefers oatmeal.
    That's an amazing comparison and I think that's how we end up having a favorite, because we can identify with her, the way we interpret her interaction with the Bachelor stems from our personal life experience. I'm definitely oatmeal, I go for safe and easy, I can't handle the uncertainty albeit can be more exciting at times but can also put you in a vulnerable spot with the potential of being heartbroken.

FORT Fan

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2656552;
    Sorry, I don't think he did either and I do not think that Brad was manipulated by TPTB. The editing may be scewing things, but I don't believe that Brad's feelings or actions have been.

I think this is one of the first seasons we have seen some real honesty in the edit in that we are seeing facets of the girls as they appeared. I think the "negative" scenes about DeAnna were true as well as the "negative" things about Bettina and Jenni. I also think we have seen things that have made us like all three. I don't think Brad ever professes to be perfect prince charming nor are we seeing him as one.

He has said that he had very real feelings for each of these girls, the determining factor was which one fit him best. His complimenting the girls is genuine - he has good things to say about anyone he has kept this long - and unless directly asked about something, does not say negative things.
    If you ask directly - he will tell you how he feels whether it is PC or not. And he is not mean about it. What some have considered negative, to me is just explaining. There are reasons why one girl is not right for him and another is.

I am not sure how you feel that he has "used Jenni physically" and "played with Deanna's emotions". Are you saying that because he did not pick Bettina that the rest is a sham and that he has no concern for the other two? - Highly unlikely. He had good resons for not choosing Bettina. They do not fit - and he spent five weeks trying to see if they did.

The premise of the show is that he starts with 25 girls and ends up chosing one. He cannot (or is not supposed to) tell the girls what is going on - the editors us ITM and VO to tell or confuse us.
    Brad is in the process of choosing one girl. Unlike previous bachelors (Andy, Travis, Lorenzo, Blob, Jesse) this bachelor IS looking for a permanent partner and IMO is doing it honestly. If his choice/favorite does not match ours or we have read his intentions incorrectly, I do not think that translates to Brad being a cad and deceiver when he chooses the lady best for him.
    Great Post, Jelle I do think Brad developed real feelings for the final woman as they are amazing in their own ways. I look forward to ending of the story and his explanations on the AFRC. Did he find what he was looking for? No guarantees and as long as he's honest with himself and the girls its all that really matters.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2655596;
    Not to pile on, but what you just said is not correct regarding the toast. If you're talking about where she's standing relative to Brad in the most recent toast, most of the F1s for the toast were standing where Deanna's standing as far as I know. Tessa was standing to the right side of the picture where Jenni's standing - an exception, not the rule (but he WAS looking at Tessa, which is also nearly universal in the F2 toasting picture).

I could re-post all of the pics that Miss Sandi posted, but I'll just post a few.

He's not looking at either one for the toast, more like at their glasses, but he is looking at Deanna when they take the other picture

Jen S. in the spot where Deanna's standing

Mary in the spot where Deanna's standing

I didn't save the rest posted to my photobucket, but as I recall, Jen (Lorenzo), Estella (Bob) and Helene (Aaron) were all standing in that spot, too.
    Do we know for the sake of sleuthing if there is a picture posted anywhere that Brad is looking at Jenni in the same way that he is looking at DeAnna as they toast?
    If so, will someone please bring it over so that we can peruse it? I haven't seen all of the pictures out there and don't have the technical capability to bring pictures over anyway.

You know the important thing isn't whether he's looking at both of them, but who TPTB CHOOSE to show us he's looking at. That's why it's a tell.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2656763;
    You know the important thing isn't whether he's looking at both of them, but who TPTB CHOOSE to show us he's looking at. That's why it's a tell.
    I agree with that. I'm sure they have one for Jenni as well because I don't think they really know who F1 will be . It's still Brad's decision. But now in retrospect, they chose to post the ones where he's looking at DeAnna (both F3 AND F2 toast).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2656763;
    That goes back to it's all in the editing. However, for us to say that Fleiss has made a statement with that particular picture, we have to be able to say that there isn't a corresponding picture with Jenni as well. Therefore, I still need to see if anyone knows where that pic came from, if there is one with Jenni, and will someone please bring it over. If there is not one, then we need to know that as well, so we can add that as a possible piece of evidence.

Edited to say that I agree that there were probably pictures made where he looked at both. The question is: Did ABC post both pictures? If so, we need to look at them and acknowledge that. If not, we need to acknowledge that they did not post but one and analyze the possible reason why.

Okay.. out of the mouth of babes.. Not sure if anyone else has kids, but I have two and my 5 year old just came in crying. Here's the conversation (I promise there's a point)

Daughter: Mommy, Leah just kicked me in the forehead and it really hurts.
    Me: She kicked you in the head?
    Daughter: Yes, I was going to go on the swing and Leah ran to the swing first on purpose. And "it's not fair because I said I was going on the swing first. I did, I said it in my head".

I couldn't help it... I just laughed and then thought to myself... I'm sure that brad told SOMEONE he loved them, but we can't analyze it because he said it in his head.