Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: Jenni ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2656633;
    You know... even though Deanna doesn't have as much intimacy... us Jenni fans should really understand that Brad definitely came on to find a wife, not a girlfriend. My biggest concern is that Deanna is being portrayed as wife material while Jenni can be viewed as girlfriend. I really think Jenni IS a better choice for Brad and won't bore you with why, but I think the Edit is saying Deanna is a better choice. Personally, I won't be surprised by either choice, even though I really hope he chooses Jenni. Here's why.

Let me share a personal example (as if anyone cares). I dated (many years ago) a man who the chemistry was pretty unmistakable. We got a long great, we had fun, we laughed ALL the time. It was delightful. However, he married someone else, right after we dated. His comment to me was that he didn't want to marry me because I was like waffles and he thought oatmeal was a better fit for him. At the time, I was "Are you crazy? Everything is fantastic with us",and he agreed, but he wasn't sure he wanted fun and exciting for the rest of his life. He wanted secure and loyal and predictable because that would be a less stressful life. I was heartbroken, but I understand. Highs and Lows are sometimes much more difficult for people than a level life.

I married someone with whom we have very highs and very lows... but I LOVE it. It's fun, it's exciting, it's NOT predictable and I love that. While I was absolutely heartbroken by that other relationship, I realize I don't ever want to be "oatmeal"... I like being waffles. I think Jenni is waffles and Deanna is oatmeal and maybe Brad just prefers oatmeal.

Wow, now THERE'S a great metaphor! I used to be waffles, too, but I turned into oatmeal. I have to agree with the ex-boyfriend in that waffles are great with all that yummy syrup and all but oatmeal is sooooo much better for my heart!
    Cheers, Jammie

It is by doubting that we come to investigate, and by investigating that we recognize the truth. - Peter Abelard

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by felixxiano;2656654;
    Where is this?
    My mistake, it wasn't a PI, I just rewatched it. It is after the dolphin swim when Jenni and Brad are talking by the tree. He says something to her and she kind of presses her lips together and looks so sad.

Was I hearing things?? or not..........Deanna says the same thing to Brad at the FD dinner - as she said to him during her 1 on 1 time after the pool party.......... she was overwhelmed - or something that effect - but does not come right out and say - at the FD dinner - that she loves him - but used the same terms - uuummmmmm - falling in love. Does that mean she is not IN love with him??
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2656603;
    observe... valid observation. Good point. Still like Jenni best though.
    Simplechef, thanks so much. I was a Bettina fan from the beginning, but then I noticed that the conversations Brad had with DeAnna related to finding a wife. So eventho I was rooting for Bettina, I knew she wasn't the one. It's been clear to me for sometime that DeAnna is F1. I just don't know what happens after she's chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;2656642;
    it's actually a simple straightforward visual message from the picture. The woman who is RIGHT for Bach is on his right and the one on the left is the woman who LEFT. How simple and clear is that? laugh
    Sounds like a matterf-of-fact statement that DeAnna could have said I could actually go with that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;2656045;
    Isn't it possible that Deanna thinks that she is beautiful, as are all of the other women? She is beautiful and I don't actually see why that would be a negative that she knows it. I think she is confident. Jenni knows she is pretty as well. She brought her modeling book to show the other girls- kind of a look what I've done thing. I really don't see anything wrong with either. Jenni said that she is really really good at dancing. She's confident in that. The opposite would be for the women to be insecure, which is highly unattractive in my book. Deanna and McCarten were close friends in the house and my guess is they discussed their feelings for Brad. McCarten in my opinion didn't really seem all that into Brad but either way I am sure she knew Deanna was kidding. In fact peopke who know Deanna said that McCarten and DD actually keep in touch and are good friends. Jenni told DD she wanted Jade to come back from the 2 on 1 date because she knew Brad liked DD and she wanted less competition. Not a big deal in my book because they all were competing for 1 man.

To me the "butt" comment is probably coming from someone who realizes that she has a little more booty than the other girls and is conscious of it (although on another board, a woman met her and said she is tiny- 5'2" and maybe a size 4 at most). It was playful, just like Jenni and the fantasy suite card/ something in your pocket for me interaction was playful.

I think there is a tendency every season to try and paint one girl as a saint and the other as something else. This year I think both of the girls seem sweet. They do have different personalities. Jenni is light and playful. Deanna is more serious (which would be expected given the circumstances of her childhood and romantic life) but also probably playful (check her out on the pool date with Jenni, Hilary, and Kristy. She is doing cartwheels, throwing hand signs, going down a slip and slide. Also the football player chose he as his favorite at the race track date so she must have some outgoing tendencies as well). There is less discussion of Jenni because either people prefer perky girls or they don't. It seems like that is a personal preference but not a call as to what kind of character she possesses. Some question as to whether Brad or dancing is number 1 to her but again that isn't a denigration of her actual character or her feelings, or expression of those feelings to Brad, more of a question of priorities.

With Deanna people seem to be denigrating her actual character and those who like her, like myself, feel the need to actually defend the girl. She's cold, she's mean, she's competitive and seems fake because she blinks a lot, she seems unemotional. Those are character calls and assessments. It seems like people are unwilling to giveher the benefit of the doubt or to consider that maybe she's a really good girl who has been through a lot in her life and maybe she really does care for Brad but the situation is very uncomfortable for her (expressing feelings in 6 weeks with a camera crew in your face to a man who may dump you for the one of the other girls he is dating) and she is not as good at masking her emotion on her face as others may be.
    This is from a few pages back, but I didn't read it until right now and I just wanted to say thank you appiah for this great post!!!
    Please, can we just all agree to stop bashing either of these wonderful two girls? Of course everybody sees things differently and it wouldn't be fun if we didn't... it's okay to see a connection with one girl and not see it with the other, but I don't think it's necessary to bash one of the girls in order to make the other one look better. And I actually prefer to simply point out why I think my favorite is the one to feeling all the time like I have to defend her.

One last point: We know that last season was the first time that the F1 girl was on our left at the FRC. BUT that was only because they wanted a sunset proposal... in this season's FRC setting, we won't see the sunset because it's too far to our right, so no need to put the F1 on the less perfect side regarding "ring shots".
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2656693;
    Was I hearing things?? or not..........Deanna says the same thing to Brad at the FD dinner - as she said to him during her 1 on 1 time after the pool party.......... she was overwhelmed - or something that effect - but does not come right out and say - at the FD dinner - that she loves him - but used the same terms - uuummmmmm - falling in love. Does that mean she is not IN love with him??
    In a PI at the end of the fantasy date, she says "Iím in love with someone that is perfect and makes me happy and puts a huge smile on my face every day. I waited for a long time to find someone like this. In my stomach, in my gut, it just feels right, it feels like this is the way things are meant to be."
    So she is in love with him. But telling someone that you know can't respond to you at that time that you are falling in love with him is huge enough imo, saying "I'm in love with you." might have been a little too much for her at that point. She's quite open about her feelings, but she's also scared of getting hurt...
    By the way, she also told Brad that when she's looking at him at the RC, she wants him to know that it's out of love. That means that what she feels for him is "love", and nothing less than that.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;2656642;
    it's actually a simple straightforward visual message from the picture. The woman who is RIGHT for Bach is on his right and the one on the left is the woman who LEFT. How simple and clear is that? laugh
    All right...now to be safe, fair, and accurate is there also a picture where that one came from where they are all toasting and Brad is obviously looking at Jenni in the manner in which he is obviously looking at DeAnna in this picture - the one that matches with the others?

Every year by this time posters have created wonderful complete fairy-tale personalities for their favorites that must absolutley mean that the bachelor chose their girl. We create amazing women who are the epitomy of whatever the bachelor is wanting or that we think he wants.

The reality is that the bachelor makes his choice based on what he sees and feels, or at least whatever the circumstances fit him best at the time. He is the one who is living the reality and has to live with the decision, or not.

Yes, seeker, I agree that he will chose the one who is RIGHT and the other will be LEFT behind
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thelmopolis;2656623;
    livinvicarious- this has been like this for a few weeks now. It's not just Bettina and Deanna, they have rearranged the photos into alphabetical groupings. If you click on the letter headings at the top, you will be able to see all of the girls' pictures. Bettina and Deanna just happen to be the only two in the first alphabetical grouping.
    Thanks, thought that looked odd, guess I haven't looked lately!!!

Quote Originally Posted by felixxiano;2656661;
    It'd be nice is love was that logical
    AHHH! that is it...we are trying to make logical sense here...and with love you just can't. Sometimes we can't help who we love..or why we love them you just do!....

I hope that no matter which he chooses that they make it this time..would be nice to see another couple actually make it work!