Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2651660;
    This is something I have been thinking about a lot. Why are they not marketing the hell out of a love connection, if there is one, the way they did last season?

Some ideas:

-- TB franchise is more secure this season, and moreover is part of a generally strong Monday night for ABC, whereas last season they still had something to prove with regard to the viability of the show

-- There isn't a proposal this season (or someone turns it down) and therefore they can't hype the hell out of it

-- There IS a proposal/wedding and they want to keep it under wraps

-- Something about the ending is so unique that it would give away the winner entirely, and therefore they can't show or discuss it

-- Fleiss is evil and wants to torture the FoRT

Anyone else?
    I'm sure there is more to come .. This last episode practically gave the love story away , and the big surprise comes in the end.. I think it's a proposal. Come to think of it Brad did say on one of the interviews ( I could be engaged).. maybe he is..

FORT Newbie

Holy crap! Did anyone hear anything about ABC once trying to woo a guy to be the next bachelor and then he later turned out to be a serial rapist???

I'll paste the story below (Thank GOD this guy was not the next bachelor):

Prosecutor: ‘Bachelor’ a dangerous predator
    By Laurel J. Sweet
    Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A bon vivant Boston attorney authorities suspect of moonlighting as a serial rapist “is simply a man who meets women in bars,” Gary Zerola’s lawyer argued yesterday.

But Suzanne Kontz, who is prosecuting Zerola for the rape and attempted rape of two 19-year-old women in 2004 and 2006, painted a sinister picture of the high-cheekboned criminal defense attorney ABC once wooed to star in “The Bachelor”: that of a predator who grooms victims before he gropes them.

“The totality of circumstances in these cases clearly show the pattern of his conduct,” Kontz said, hoping to persuade Suffolk Superior Court Judge Regina Quinlan to try the two cases simultaneously.

Kontz detailed how Zerola allegedly took one victim he’d just met to Neiman Marcus and bought her a $700 Dolce & Gabbana dress and $250 shoes before allegedly slamming her head against a door frame in his North End flat and knocking a phone from her hand as she called 911.

“He spent some time grooming these girls,” Kontz said. “He would clearly spend money on them. He would clearly follow up with them.”

Both alleged victims met Zerola in Boston bars they entered with fake IDs. And now comes a third alleged victim.

Zerola, 36, whose looks and lifestyle have been extolled by People magazine, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday in Florida on charges he forceably drugged an 18-year-old college student he met in a Miami Beach club last month while on a date with another woman and raped her in his hotel room.

Zerola admitted to sneaking out of the Bay State, in violation of his Massachusetts probation, to see the Patriots [team stats] play the Dolphins. He is currently incarcerated.

Zerola frequently shook his head yesterday and gnawed on his nails as his attorney, Janice Bassil, argued to Quinlan to separate the two Boston cases because “there are no similarities” between them.

“Here you have women pretending to be 21 years old, drinking. These are not vunerable children,” Bassil contended. “As far as (Zerola) knew, these women were 21.”

Zerola was to go to trial Nov. 28, but Quinlan has changed that date to Jan. 3, 2008.

Prosecutor: ‘Bachelor’ a dangerous predator - BostonHerald.com

Holy Moly this is not fun stuff, How does ABC screen these people WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2651567;
    If Brad chooses DeAnna and it is true love, WHY has Fleiss marketed this season so wacky? Why has Brad appeared so stifled in interviews, why does he not talk to his chosen one onscreen, why does he say "he's happy with the outcome" and not "I'm in love and I found the best woman in the world for me."

I don't get this. I don't get the marketing of this season this year at all.
    One reason, Brad is not a good liar, so any info is to much info.

I think the edit this year was us seeing/feeling how Brad is feeling. There are there many characters, and all the other women that Brad is getting to know better.

First night:
    Jenni, he loves her laugh, he is not sure if the laugh will bother him full time.
    Bettin, she is a surfer girl, to that he responds a dream come true.
    DeAnna, he is intrigued by her, how did he get so lucky, they have many common traits and other intrest both like families.

2nd episode First dates:
    Jenni first kiss
    Bettina in the background, tongue tied
    DeAnna, rose, he wants to keep her there for as long as she wants to stay. Talk some more.

3rd week second dates:
    Jenni More kissing she likes dance
    Bettina is divorced
    DeAnna is a kid at heart so is Brad.

4th weekthird dates
    Jenni more kissing 1on 1 time
    Bettina starting to open up more to Brad
    DeAnna says he has a true and strong connections with her. First kiss.

5th week, fourth dates.
    Jenni more kissing fun time
    Bettina 1 on 1 date, not so smooth
    DeAnna date, no kissing fun time

6th week HTdates
    Jenni went well dance, more of the same kind of kiss.
    Bettina hard HT date
    DeAnna, amazing hometown date big on family, both Brad and DeAnna falling more in love.

7th week, Fantasy Dates
    Jenni, fun time, still the same type of kissing fun time
    Bettina Brad still does not know her
    DeAnna, fun time, their love has grown much deeper.

8th week
    Jenni
    DeAnna

Quote Originally Posted by Sixer;2651955;
    I agree...I know that I am in the minority here but I really get the feeling that Brad is enamored by someone LIKE Deanna and is completely touched and flattered that someone LIKE Deanna is falling in love with him but he has been all about Jenni the whole time.
    I disagree with you. Jenni has not be able to express her feelings to Brad, I don't think he has anymore time to give her to do so. She says in the previews on the FD, " I love you" well she could very well love him as a friend. DeAnna tells him she is falling in love with him and is in love with HIM. big difference. If Jenni is having such a hard time expressing her feelings , by now, then I don't think she is truly feeling it. Bettina had the same problem. She was telling the cameras' , she was in love and on the other hand didn't want to kiss the guy or get intimate on the first date , as she put it. I guess they speed dating thing got to them and clamped them up.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2653518;

I think the edit this year was us seeing/feeling how Brad is feeling. There are there many characters, and all the other women that Brad is getting to know better.

First night:
    Jenni, he loves her laugh, he is not sure if the laugh will bother him full time.
    DeAnna, he is intrigued by her, how did he get so lucky, they have many common traits and other intrest both like families.

2nd episode First dates:
    Jenni first kiss
    DeAnna, rose, he wants to keep her there for as long as she wants to stay. Talk some more.

3rd week second dates:
    Bettina is divorced

4th weekthird dates

5th week, fourth dates.

6th week HTdates
    Jenni went well dance, more of the same kind of kiss.
    Bettina hard HT date
    DeAnna, amazing hometown date big on family, both Brad and DeAnna falling more in love.

7th week, Fantasy Dates
    Jenni, fun time, still the same type of kissing fun time
    Bettina Brad still does not know her

8th week
    Jenni
    DeAnna
    MomLady, YOU'RE AMAZING! Thank you, now I can go to bed without any worries!

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2652471;
    This makes sense. Andy and Tessa were heavily promoted, only to break up at the onset of Bach 11.

If Fleiss wanted to keep this love story more subdued, that's fine, but it does not explain the cutting down of the episodes and the 1 hour finale when we've always gotten 2 hours.

Brad states today on Bobby Bones that it is a great finale, why does ABC not think so? They are not investing in this finale.
    I keep thinking they might kick it up a notch within the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bachlorfan;2653530;
    I disagree with you. Jenni has not be able to express her feelings to Brad, I don't think he has anymore time to give her to do so. She says in the previews on the FD, " I love you" well she could very well love him as a friend. DeAnna tells him she is falling in love with him and is in love with HIM. big difference. If Jenni is having such a hard time expressing her feelings , by now, then I don't think she is truly feeling it. Bettina had the same problem. She was telling the cameras' , she was in love and on the other hand didn't want to kiss the guy or get intimate on the first date , as she put it. I guess they speed dating thing got to them and clamped them up.
    bachlorfan, everything you said in your post...completely agree. And everyone of the F3/F2 had there "opportunity to answer Brad's direct question..of "how they really felt". Bettina struggled and was sent home. Jenni never gave him a straight answer yet (could she be too late, or is she there for her TV appearance (Brad said he doesn't want that to be the case)

So it leaves DeAnna. The only one who told him from her heart, everything he needed to know. Any lady that beats around the bush when asked the questions from Brad, should know him well enough (as we do), that Brad needs to know, and he needed to know that when down to the F2.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2653518;

First night:
    Jenni, he loves her laugh, he is not sure if the laugh will bother him full time. First Impression Rose.

2nd episode First dates:
    Jenni first kiss

3rd week second dates:
    Bettina is divorced

4th weekthird dates

5th week, fourth dates.

6th week HTdates
    Jenni went well dance, great family time and private talks with her Dad & Mom; more of the same kind of kiss.
    Bettina hard HT date

7th week, Fantasy Dates
    Jenni, fun time, still the same type of kissing fun time;Jenni gets emotional has difficulty expressing her feelings.later, cuts to the chase about Fantasy Suite; Brad says they are comfortable with each other and their feelings just keep growing.Bettina Brad still does not know her

8th week
    Jenni
    DeAnna

I added a few more positives about Jenni and didn't add some negatives I see about DeAnna. I just hope Brad makes a wise decision and it all works out for all of them.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2653547;
    I added a few more positives about Jenni and didn't add some negatives I see about DeAnna. I just hope Brad makes a wise decision and it all works out for all of them.
    Thank you for adding the FIR, I mentioned why she got it but did not type FIR.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey123;2653533;
    MomLady, YOU'RE AMAZING! Thank you, now I can go to bed without any worries!

Yes you can.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 11-07-2007 at 05:51 PM.